Carriage House Shovel/Metal Detector

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Nov 25, 10 10:26 AM
I've spent almost thirty minutes trying to dig. Is this a glitch? I've used the metal detector several times and when I try to dig the shovel keeps going back to inventory.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Carriage House Shovel/Metal Detector

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 25, 10 10:30 AM
hi Bighfishette
if the shovel goes back into the inventory you were digging in the wrong place. It happened to me, too. Make sure your metal detector doesn't just beep but makes a continuous sound and dig in that spot.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Nov 25, 10 10:38 AM
Thanks MIcha. Yup have been doing it the way you said. No luck. I'm going to quit for now as too frustrated. Will maybe try tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Nov 25, 10 5:50 PM
I've had the same problem. The first time I got to the right place with the metal detector I was able to dig, but all I got was one of those hidden gold pirate cards, no coins. Now the metal detector keeps going off in the same place, but it won't let me dig. Posted the problem in the tech problems thread (page 4), am waiting for feedback.

[Post New]by ablegail on Nov 26, 10 11:02 AM
I had the same problem, so I searched for the third coin located outside the tavern, then went back for the second one and it worked. Hope this helps.

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Nov 26, 10 6:19 PM
elmira78 wrote:I've had the same problem. The first time I got to the right place with the metal detector I was able to dig, but all I got was one of those hidden gold pirate cards, no coins. Now the metal detector keeps going off in the same place, but it won't let me dig. Posted the problem in the tech problems thread (page 4), am waiting for feedback.

I had this problem too, but only the second time through the game. The problem occurred because the metal detector still registered the place where the secret gold crown insignia was, but of course, having dug it up the first time through, it's not there to be dug up again. Other than that, I haven't had this problem. When the sound and the solid green light on the metal detector indicate there's something there, the shovel automatically appears. I just refrain from moving my mouse at all, and as soon as that shovel is there, I dig. Works well.

If it will help, I'll gladly tell you where I was able to dig up the 3 coins both times I've played through the game.

kit

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 26, 10 7:14 PM
Be sure not to move your mouse between finding the sweet spot and getting the shovel. I did that the first few times and it wouldn't let me dig.

nobigshot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nobigshot on Nov 27, 10 6:03 PM
I got one coin in front of the Landry's and one at the side of the tavern along with the insignia, but can't find anything else. Where to next?

[Post New]by pierrettemarch on Nov 27, 10 6:04 PM
je suis incapable de finir ce jeu car la pelle ne veut pas creuser

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 27, 10 6:07 PM
nobigshot wrote:I got one coin in front of the Landry's and one at the side of the tavern along with the insignia, but can't find anything else. Where to next?
Near the door to the carriage house.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Dec 1, 10 7:59 AM
Forgive my bad manners. Want to say thank you so much for everyone's tips. I got it done!! Now able to move on. You all are terrific people.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Dec 2, 10 6:41 PM
2nd go round. Got the carriage house and the Landrys front yard. I'm in the swamp clearing and the detector goes solid green & whines , click, the shovel jumps up but won't dig when I click just goes back to inventory . Usually that happens if its too soon in the game but this is pretty far in. Any ideas suggestions?

Edit Tks Elmira- That was my problem too. Got it @ the tavern !

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 9:48:37 PM PST

[Post New]by agentsparky on Feb 13, 12 4:11 AM
if anyone else has the problem outside the carriage house with the shovel: I tried not moving the mouse and this works. You will find that most of the shovel overlaps the inventory bar etc at the bottom, but that doesn't matter.

Go to: