Insignias

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Insignias

[Post New]by govols2 on Nov 25, 10 12:06 PM
Ok, so I must be dense. I have most of the regular insignias and one of the gold ones(completely by accident and can't remember where)

Where are the gold ones ? Are they in the H.O., in the puzzles or just randomly throughout the game, or all of the above. I don't want specifics please I just want an idea of what I am looking for .....

Can anyone clue me in ?????

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Insignias

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 25, 10 1:04 PM
I only found three of the gold ones. One was in the fountain - I got the combo by sheer luck, but there's a paper on the mast in the bonus area that shows you how to get it. One was in the piano, I think. I can't remember where I picked up the third one.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Nov 25, 10 3:07 PM
The one in the piano was an ordinary one.
I got three gold insignias: One totally by chance, I dont remember where, one from the fountain in the front yard with the pattern from the crow`s nest, and the third one is the shimmering gold within the frozen block in the gas station (I wondered all the while about that zoom). Return to the mausoleum downstairs, and another H.O. scene is active which gives you an icepick.

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 3:08:43 PM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 3:39 PM
Well, I completely missed this. I saw the place on one of the ships where they would be placed when found, and just assumed they would be on the ships somewhere.

So, from what you were saying, I was supposed to have been collecting them all through the game? I remember seeing something on the piano, but don't remember if I clicked on it or not. I never did get an icepick and always wondered about the freezer in the gas station.

I remember seeing a clue on the mast, in the crow's nest, I think, that looked like the fountain puzzle, but once you finish the bonus game, do you have the opportunity to go back through the game and find them? I just finished the bonus game, and did not click play again.

Do these items get collected and actually put into your inventory? How many are there?

MandaPanda421
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by MandaPanda421 on Nov 25, 10 3:43 PM
I never got another H.O. area downstairs for the icepick.....

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 3:45 PM
MandaPanda421 wrote:I never got another H.O. area downstairs for the icepick.....

Yeah, I tried using the hammer, screwdriver, and pick axe and got several snarky remarks.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Nov 25, 10 3:49 PM
One that I found that hasn't been mentioned yet I got after dialing a telephone number at the bar for one "F.T. Fish" (that I found in one of the books on the pirate in the office/den of the house).

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 3:53 PM
STL531 wrote:One that I found that hasn't been mentioned yet I got after dialing a telephone number at the bar for one "F.T. Fish" (that I found in one of the books on the pirate in the office/den of the house).

Well, that's interesting. I dialed the number for F.T. Fish and got only laughter.
How did you "get" them? Did you see a dialogue for achievement? Did it go in inventory?

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Nov 25, 10 4:01 PM
MandaPanda421 wrote:I never got another H.O. area downstairs for the icepick.....

I went back from the bonus game (before finishing it !!!) to the mausoleum and ... tadaaa ... there was my icepick.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 4:04 PM
I looked through my achievements and I found the 20 card insignias, but I never found the GOLD ones. Are those the ones that go in the state room on the ship? Nice tip about the ice pick, thanks!

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Nov 25, 10 4:33 PM
I am beginning to wonder, whether all or some of those somehow "unfinished" views will give us GOLD cards. For example the clock: it says "Someone altered the gears ..." Unfortunately I already lost my SD.
I am in the bonus game with my second profile still wandering around and looking for gold insignia cards. Thanks for the tip with the phone number - but I have lost my coin purse as well

[Post New]by dragon_frosty on Nov 25, 10 4:52 PM
I found one gold insignia using the tip shown at the end of the credits : "plunge the sink", you have to use the plunge on the kitchen sink in the manor before fixing the tavern toilet.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 5:01 PM
dragon_frosty wrote:I found one gold insignia using the tip shown at the end of the credits : "plunge the sink", you have to use the plunge on the kitchen sink in the manor before fixing the tavern toilet.

Wow, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the credits.

So that's possibly four good clues:

1. Calling F.T. Fish - (didn't get me anything)
2. Ice pick for gas station freezer from h.o.
3. Front yard fountain - crow's nest clue
4. plunge the sink in the kitchen

Sounds like backtracking is needed before finishing the bonus game or the opportunity is lost. - (?)

MandaPanda421
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by MandaPanda421 on Nov 25, 10 5:12 PM
So we definitely know where to get 4 of the 10 cards. Correct? So that means we have to wander around the game searching for 6 more cards without going insane.....

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 25, 10 6:34 PM
STL531 wrote:One that I found that hasn't been mentioned yet I got after dialing a telephone number at the bar for one "F.T. Fish" (that I found in one of the books on the pirate in the office/den of the house).

I think that's one of the 20, if there is one there. I don't remember now.

Totally forgot about the clock. I did get the ice pick for the freezer during the bonus round. I also got a can opener but never found anywhere to use it.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 25, 10 6:43 PM
I found one gold insignia by playing on the piano the music notes shown at the end of the credits. The notes just happen to be B, F, G!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 25, 10 6:54 PM
1. Calling F.T. Fish on payphone (737-4410) – appears on the wall left side of phone after call ends
2. Gas station freezer (use ice pick from H.O. scene in tomb)
3. Fish fountain near Lewis (put coins in middle spot and innermost ring) - appears in fish’s mouth
4. Plunge the kitchen sink (from credit clue)
5. Footprints in swamp (use metal detector until it beeps green and then dig hole with shovel)
6. Enter ‘pippi’ as computer password – appears on the fireplace mantle on the left
7. Play the notes BFG on piano (credit clue)

This is a list of all that have been found so far. 3 are still missing.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 25, 10 6:58 PM
Thanks, GameLvr30!
Nice to see this list coming about. You got some new clues, too.
I've just started playing a second time and will see if I can find any.

A bit off topic, but...
Has anyone played in "snarky" yet? I've played for an hour on round 2, and haven't noticed any difference at all.

ebiniku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ebiniku on Nov 25, 10 7:11 PM
There's one in your journal. I forget what page it was on, but during the game, it's a normal insignia and clicking on it does nothing, but during the bonus game, it turns gold. Thankfully I still have a profile that was stuck at the goblets before the fix so I'll go back and use that one to try and find all the gold ones so I don't have to start from the very beginning.

Shard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Shard on Nov 25, 10 8:36 PM
Just starting my 3rd playthrough. I have 6 and know how to get 2 more. anyone figure out the can opener for when I get there again?

Go to: