bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 26, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets forum

[Post New]by gamegirl2010 on Nov 26, 10 12:39 AM
Will there be a walkthrough forthcoming for this game?

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 26, 10 1:14 AM
I don't understand why for the last couple of weeks when I click on Get Tips in the Forum for any game in doesn't direct me to the BFG Welcome page and I have to scour through countless posts to find the one from BFG on the day of it's release. Is there something wrong at my end? Could this problem be fixed......please.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Nov 26, 10 1:31 AM
Wow! 30 minutes in and I'm lost - hope there's a walkthrough soon, I certainly need one!

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Nov 26, 10 2:29 AM
tuttepeever wrote:I don't understand why for the last couple of weeks when I click on Get Tips in the Forum for any game in doesn't direct me to the BFG Welcome page and I have to scour through countless posts to find the one from BFG on the day of it's release. Is there something wrong at my end? Could this problem be fixed......please.

hey tuttepeever, if clicking takes you to the main forum page, or ANY forum page for that matter, look to the right column at top, the "find your game forum" box will almost always show you the link for the forum for TGT, unless they mess up which doesn't happen often

hope that helps, may not fix the nagging problem you have but it still gets you to TGT forum

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 26, 10 3:05 AM
def need a walkthrough for this,Im exhausted with all the wandering around, did get into a few places but completely stuck at the moment and its odd no people yet but plenty of horses that look as if they need a good feed

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 26, 10 3:27 AM
the same thing is happening to me also.

tuttepeever wrote:I don't understand why for the last couple of weeks when I click on Get Tips in the Forum for any game in doesn't direct me to the BFG Welcome page and I have to scour through countless posts to find the one from BFG on the day of it's release. Is there something wrong at my end? Could this problem be fixed......please.

[Post New]by montymon on Nov 26, 10 6:28 AM
I too have been wandering back and forth but not getting anywhere and I'm getting a little frustrated. Desperately need help soon before I go completely mad!! Can anybody help?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 26, 10 8:28 AM
The Blog Walkthrough is now up!
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/hidden-mysteries-salem-secrets-walkthrough/

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 10:03:02 AM PST

[Post New]by stallingsdee on Nov 26, 10 8:48 AM
then why do u puy the game out there if u are not done with it

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 26, 10 9:05 AM
montymon wrote:I too have been wandering back and forth but not getting anywhere and I'm getting a little frustrated. Desperately need help soon before I go completely mad!! Can anybody help?

Try looking at the Task list and clicking on the ? beside each one. That gives you a hint of what to do next. Also if you check the map, it will show you where there are **** scenes available - they can help a lot with getting necessary items.

Once you get into the game, it starts to make more sense and you will find there are lots more places to investigate!

Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets forum

[Post New]by sassynana5451 on Nov 26, 10 10:22 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
i would like to return the game too hard too find things you need to go to next level

[Post New]by user733557 on Nov 27, 10 5:45 AM
wow i thought that it was me I have found a few items but have not had any luck useing them as of yet this is a tough game so i hope that i will be able to find and use my information that i have
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 10:34:08 AM PST

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Nov 27, 10 8:58 AM
Make sure you keep going back to the start of the game. There will be a H/O scene there, depending on how far you are.

[Post New]by debbie2209 on Nov 27, 10 10:16 AM
montymon wrote:I too have been wandering back and forth but not getting anywhere and I'm getting a little frustrated. Desperately need help soon before I go completely mad!! Can anybody help?

Hi just wondering if you could help me as i am stuck too! did u get as far as the fishing rod? if so plaease could you tell me where to find the weighted hook? ive been wandering round for nearly 2 hours now....very frustrating!! thankyou. Debbie xx

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 10:29 AM
debbie2209 wrote:

Hi just wondering if you could help me as i am stuck too! did u get as far as the fishing rod? if so plaease could you tell me where to find the weighted hook? ive been wandering round for nearly 2 hours now....very frustrating!! thankyou. Debbie xx

Please see the existing forum topic "Fishing Rod." It has the answer you need.

Good luck!
Robin

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Nov 27, 10 1:16 PM
lynwil wrote:Wow! 30 minutes in and I'm lost - hope there's a walkthrough soon, I certainly need one!

Me too!!!!!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 2:10 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:
lynwil wrote:Wow! 30 minutes in and I'm lost - hope there's a walkthrough soon, I certainly need one!

Me too!!!!!!!

The walkthrough has been posted at:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/hidden-mysteries-salem-secrets-walkthrough/

Also, if you read the General Tips in the walkthrough or the forum topic about the HINT system it should help a good deal without giving away any spoilers. This game has an interesting and helpful multilayered HINT system, but it is a bit unusual.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by Brindle2009 on Nov 27, 10 9:04 PM
can anyone tell me please how the heck you are supposed to make the potion to
help one of the girls. I got one of them cured now I am working on the girl with the nightmares. I just found the other girl...please help.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 9:42 PM
Brindle2009 wrote:can anyone tell me please how the heck you are supposed to make the potion to
help one of the girls. I got one of them cured now I am working on the girl with the nightmares. I just found the other girl...please help.

There's quite a few steps to that process, so probably the easiest thing is just to look at the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should get you going again.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 7:36:11 AM PST

Go to: