Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments And Reviews For Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 26, 10 1:14 AM
I beta tested this game and, as far as I can remember I quite liked it. Downloading, will let you know.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 26, 10 1:34 AM
there is one:the chest to open,after having found three pins;i can't finish it for the demo ends here!
hint system only in hidden objects scenes,after that,run and run to do tasks and try to find something to do them!
not sure to buy!even with more than 2 bonus punch card to spend

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 1:34:56 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 26, 10 1:56 AM
It's a buy for me. Love the graphics, they may be found too dark but I think it adds to the atmosphere, hidden object aren't too easy to find. Wasn't bothered by the sparkles which I found quite discreet, apart for the hidden object scenes. Was compting on the last MCF to finish my punch card but as it's a no buy for me, please, give us more games like this one ! Can't say a thing about the music as my stereo broke down....

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 26, 10 2:00 AM
The cursor is "bullet proof"! Click away,no penalty, no float around thingee! Great cursor. The graphics are crisp and clear with great detail. It is muted some what as if it was shot through a silk screen like they use to photograph over the hill movie stars.(I don't know the name of that,hence the description.) Objects in the H0 scenes have great definition which I appreciate! I hate looking for sugar cubes that turn out to be 2 black dots on a dirty tablecloth! AAAAH. The game is non-linear! You can wander around all over the place. (I like that a lot). It has an excellent map system,the best I've seen. It shows your location and........the location of the next H0 scene! That saves a lot of wasted time and aggravation looking for the next area.Some of you may not like that much help.......don't use the map! If you right click your mouse in a scene it will show you all the directions you can move and any spots to interact with. I liked that also. Music? I dunno', it didn't get on my nerves so I guess it was alright. After 35 min. of game play I didn't encounter any puzzles...but it's rumored they exist! You collect objects and utilize them to complete tasks, open doors etc.Oh yeah,the hints are unlimited and recharge in 30 sec. which is a big plus for a shot out ol' dawg like myself with ADD. The game has a lot going for it IMO and hey! After 35 min. .........no grandpa that needs saved!!! Definite buy for me.
Dr.good

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 2:11:46 AM PST

ERROR VIOLATION MESSAGE

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Nov 26, 10 2:05 AM
BAD GAME CAN PLAY FOR ERROR MESSAGES AGAIN. COME ON BFG
CANT YOU FIX THE PROBLEMS.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 26, 10 2:09 AM
I LOVE dark HOGs! This is a def buy for me. Superb graphics, HOG scenes not easy, but fast hint refill and no click penalty makes that bearable.
Am totally stuck at the moment; but enjoying the game all the same.
Is there a walkthrough for this game? Or will there be one?
Belamba

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 26, 10 2:15 AM
Good review Casualgran .

Hmm what can I say ... I have to agree about the music, mute or play very, very quietly in the background . Although the graphics are a bit dreary to say the least, I didn't have any problems finding anything, not even the teeny weeny peanuts or the zodiac pins. Take note of two particular ^^^ words in the line above and that was without using a magnifying glass .

The custom cursor performed well and didn't give me any problems whatsoever nor did I have to use a hint during the 33 minutes I played.

I love a good mystery and have already purchased the game but I just wish they had realised that, even though the theme is dark, the scenes can actually be coloured more ... yes I know there is some but there could be a lot more. Oh well at least it isn't as dark as the Civil War one was, now there was a game to strain the eyes LOL, so at least they are making their games easier to see.

Cherb

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 26, 10 2:15 AM

I also tested this game and have been waiting for its release, loved it when tested it so cant wait to get home form work and buy this, yes it does seem to be dark in places but I really enjoyed it.

Cant wait to see what beyond the wooden gates where the test trial ran out.

Dont know how long it takes to play, but a buy from me.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Nov 26, 10 2:49 AM
I just try to download game and it crashed my computer, I had to restart my computer in safe mode and use the recovery to delete the game. Has this happened to anyone else? Game looks really good, hope BF fixes glitch soon. THis is the 1st time in four years this has happened to me.

Update, sorry it was me, I was playing puzzel quest while this was downloading, pissed off my computer for some reason. Anyway everything is working fine now.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 3:52:31 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Nov 26, 10 2:50 AM
Just want to let you all know there is puzzles in the game.

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Nov 26, 10 3:37 AM
this is a buy for me- graphics are good and crisp, although the color scheme is grayed out a bit, and does make me wish for a bit more color I kept the music down low, and found the sparkles to be subtle enough not to be annoying, as they indicate mainly HOG scenes. The hint button refreshes quickly, and there is a skip button for puzzles. No penalty for random clicking, and while there are tasks, you are still free to wander around and explore ( unlike 13th skull) which is a huge plus for me.

They've also put a twist into the salem story a bit, which makes it a little more spooky and interesting.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Nov 26, 10 3:49 AM
Downloaded it as a diversion when new MCF gets to me and my neck and back hurt from the tension. So far seems pretty good. Graphics and music don't bother me. I've got a feebie, so I may purchase it. No technical problems so far.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Nov 26, 10 4:07 AM
[u]More like it, a HOG I mean. Got right into it. Can go where I please when i want to.
Oh this makes up for the past two days. Thank u . Made my day.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 26, 10 4:12 AM
I like the game and I buy it. But now I am stuck in the game and don't no what to do.

saila
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by saila on Nov 26, 10 4:28 AM
Good day to all the little Fishies. THis is my first post but have been a BF member for quite a while. .

I soooo want to play this game but I tried downloading 3 different times and I get the "Access Violation" error message.... .

Am I the only one with this problem ?????

Have a great day

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 26, 10 4:31 AM
Hi fishies,

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread. Thank you for creating it

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

emu3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by emu3 on Nov 26, 10 5:06 AM
i bought this game on a cd recently at a department store. I wondered why BFG had not brought it out on the site because it is really a very good game. The story line is interesting,the graphics are good although a little murky at times and the length is decent.My only peeve is that you do have to travel back and forth quite a bit but I am really glad I purchased it. Better than MCF THIRTEENTH SKULL in my opinion.Happy gaming!

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Nov 26, 10 5:09 AM
Just an FYI for stuck fishies out there-

I did discover that if you pull up the map and let it sit for a second that you will get small flickers in certain areas that are hints about where to go next. Its not a walkthru by any means but it does help guide you along, which is nice since the game locations are so spread out.

[Post New]by Ajojuly1 on Nov 26, 10 5:32 AM
we need a walkthru

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Nov 26, 10 5:44 AM
I seem to have good luck finding walkthroughs for games at [removed by moderator] if that helps anyone........

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 9:04:51 AM PST

Go to: