bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 26, 10 4:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by gidgiboo on Nov 26, 10 5:13 AM
There is a bug in the program. I am at the Apothecary and as soon as I drill a hole in the coconut, the game locks up. Have to Cntrl/Alt/Del to the Task Manager to close out. I will keep an eye out for the "fix" or update, but wanted to make you aware of the problem. Other than that, good game. Great puzzles. Hard, but not too hard.

Blabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Blabs on Nov 26, 10 6:26 AM
Can't even get as far as having a problem playing. As soon as I click PLAY the game vanishes

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Nov 26, 10 7:18 AM
I am at the same point with the coconut. it has frozen on me 7 times !!!!

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Nov 26, 10 7:30 AM
Same here, I drill the coconut and the game freezes very dissappointing since It's the only problem i've seen in the game (beta tested it) and liked it so much i bought it, and i don't normally buy hidden objects. But it's a major problem, I haven't tried using the skip option yet though...maybe it can get us around the bug until there is a fix? I'll try now and post with an update

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Nov 26, 10 7:32 AM
michelha75 wrote:Same here, I drill the coconut and the game freezes very dissappointing since It's the only problem i've seen in the game (beta tested it) and liked it so much i bought it, and i don't normally buy hidden objects. But it's a major problem, I haven't tried using the skip option yet though...maybe it can get us around the bug until there is a fix? I'll try now and post with an update

Ok, I really hate using skip over any puzzle especially for a game i haven't played all the way through yet but YES it works. use the skip for the puzzle and you can continue your game!

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 26, 10 8:03 AM
having trouble with the hidden items on the carriage. can not pick up the corn or the bell even if i hit the hint button..help

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Nov 26, 10 9:58 AM
2x now i have a to change names get out of game becouse on H>O it wont let me get item once on DOMINO and just now on EGG. THIS is not good hope they have a fix or i want my GAME CREDIT BACK.

[Post New]by cheerup0424 on Nov 26, 10 10:11 AM
My mouse locks up at the top of the screen, I'm trying to pick up a rolling pin at the top of the screen at the farm and the mouse won't go up far enough to click on it, it just gets stuck and won't move.

[Post New]by irishone on Nov 26, 10 11:22 AM
This seems like it will be a terrific game; however, I can't play it because the screen just keeps flashing on and off, on and off. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

madascanbe
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by madascanbe on Nov 26, 10 1:50 PM
I too got to the coconut etc. and my game is totally frozen.. When will they fix this?

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Nov 26, 10 1:57 PM
I am stuck on two hidden object scenes. I cannot get the egg in the clothes line scene. The pointer freezes before it gets there and if I do get on top it won't work. Same as trying to get the cleaver in the shed with the screw lock scene. I can't pick them up.

[Post New]by jadannay on Nov 26, 10 4:31 PM
I'm stuck at the coconut - had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE as well, twice. Finally gave up until a fix comes out. Very frustrating after all the errors in 13th Skull the other day.

[Post New]by jdmartin234 on Nov 26, 10 4:56 PM
every time i hit play my pc restarts this happens with the game oz too

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Nov 26, 10 5:00 PM
Same problem. Got to the apothecary, cracked the egg and the game freezes.

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Nov 26, 10 5:21 PM
same here...i crack the egg and everything freezes....can't skip(which i don't want too. have to ctrl/alt/del have went back in three times and it freezes at the same place...i am assuming i am almost at the end of the game and this is driving me CRAZY.....lol

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Nov 26, 10 6:38 PM
OMG can BF DO ANYTHING RIGHT LATELY?! I was happy to get this game today and drilled the hole in the coconut to make the elixir and yep, like some of the rest of you, the game froze. And, that was that. My goodness, do holidays make these people light-headed or something? I have bought games here for years now and lately it seems like it's all about quantity and NOTHING about quality! FIX IT!

[Post New]by allkvinde on Nov 26, 10 8:02 PM
I don't get any farther than the start of the game. I get the task from the ghost then I get the pen but when I want to fill it with ink it freezes up on me. I have tried the game now many times and the same thing happens over and over again.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 26, 10 8:33 PM
allkvinde wrote:I don't get any farther than the start of the game. I get the task from the ghost then I get the pen but when I want to fill it with ink it freezes up on me. I have tried the game now many times and the same thing happens over and over again.

I think you must be talking about a different game. There's no pen and no ghost in this one.

[Post New]by Hot_Chili_Chips on Nov 26, 10 10:59 PM
Got to the potion puzzle in the apothecary and the game stops after drilling a hole in the coconut. Its not locked up, as the mouse cursor still moves, but unable to click on anything (menu, journal, etc.) Had to task manager out of the game.

Go to: