robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

how the HINT system works in this game (no spoilers)

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 26, 10 8:20 AM
The Blog Walkthrough is now up!
To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

From its General Tips (no spoilers) section:

General Tips for the In-game Hint System
• Arrows show exits from the scene.

• A Magnifying Glass is a place where you can zoom in, usually a Hidden Object Scene. It can also be a place where you get a text clue.

• Text clues appear at the top of the screen when you click on certain items.

• A Hand Cursor is an item that you can pick up.

• The Gears cursor appears when clicking on that item causes it to move in the scene. It does not mean an inventory item should be used there.

• If you hold an inventory item over a location and it pulsates, click to use it there.

• If you right-click in any main scene, the hot spots in that scene will be revealed. This includes items to collect, zoom locations, and exits.

• When your TASK LIST is open, you will see a list of Tasks to be completed. If you click on the ? next to any task you will get a hint about that task.

• Your JOURNAL has information you have collected during your investigations. Look there for codes and recipes.

• If you are in a Hidden Object Scene, click on the HINT button in the lower right and one of the items from the list will be circled briefly. It takes a few seconds for the HINT button to recharge each time.

• Tutorial Tips will pop up from time to time. You can turn these on or off on the Options on the Main Menu.

• The MAP fills in as you go through the game. A sparkle on the Map indicates a Hidden Object Scene you have not completed yet.

• You may also see a white sparkle in a main scene. This indicates an area you can investigate further.

• The red dot on the Map shows your current position.

• Since this is a nonlinear game, players will do things in different order. It is important that you examine everything you can, since doing something in one part of town may unlock an activity elsewhere.

• If you’re not sure what to do next, check the TASK LIST and the MAP to get ideas. Right-click to reveal hot spots in individual scenes.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 8:36:55 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:how the HINT system works in this game (no spoilers)

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 26, 10 10:04 AM
Click on the tiny red ? in the upper left corner of each mini-game to get the instructions.

Or see the Blog Walkthrough for full details.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 10:09:24 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 26, 10 10:17 AM
Thanks Robin, I was going crazy not knowing what to do with the games (zodiac signs) and having to skip the games.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 26, 10 12:32 PM
You're welcome.

Robin

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 26, 10 4:11 PM
Thank you, Robin! I'm looking forward to playing the demo this evening, but I'm already confused. LOL I'm sure I will use your walkthrough a few times, well, maybe more than a few!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 28, 10 12:18 PM
Thanks for creating this thread robin94122!

I just wanted to pop in to say that I've stickied it so that it will be easier for everyone to find.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Dec 31, 10 8:08 PM
robin94122 wrote:Click on the tiny red ? in the upper left corner of each mini-game to get the instructions.

Or see the Blog Walkthrough for full details.

Good luck!
Robin

Thank you, Robin!! I have been so frustrated with this game that I was about to quit for good right in the middle! Now I can play with at least some level of enjoyment. Wandering aimlessly to and fro is not my cup of tea.
Happy New Year,
Audrey

[Post New]by MissLady2011 on Jun 16, 12 1:22 AM
So stuck!!!!! Does any one know where the other girls are in this game?????Need some serious help

Go to: