bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 27, 10 12:05 AM
Explore a decrepit mental asylum and find your missing boyfriend in Haunted Halls Green Hills Sanitarium! After hearing about some wrong doings at the asylum, your boyfriend, Tim, takes off to conduct an investigation of his own. As Tim dives deeper and deeper into the mystery, his letters to you abruptly stop coming. Set off to the Haunted Halls and find him in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 1:58:40 PM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Nov 27, 10 12:44 AM
I played the collectors' edition of this game and enjoyed it very much. I was looking forward to the standard edition and was considering purchasing it with my next game credit.

Unfortunately, the standard edition--unlike the CE--was sluggish. I could barely get the cursor to move, no matter what I did, never mind getting it to click on any object at all. Only virtually nonstop clicking caused it to pick up an object or two, and since the game read the scattershot clicks as errors, it retaliated by shattering the already malfunctioning cursor and not allowing the game to progress.

Seven minutes in, I gave up.

This was a terrible disappointment.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 27, 10 1:11 AM
If this is another floating or bad cursor game then forget it! Not even worth trying to d/load. One day someone will have a solution on how to fix this ongoing problem.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 1:52:45 AM PST

[Post New]by lammechiena on Nov 27, 10 2:14 AM
Same problem here!

[Post New]by jaybon on Nov 27, 10 2:21 AM
Hope they fix the floating cursor soon - I'd buy it if they do.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Nov 27, 10 4:25 AM
if youve already bought and done the collectors edition why would you buy and do it again?? why not just replay the game you bought

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 27, 10 4:59 AM
if youve already bought and done the collectors edition why would you buy and do it again?? why not just replay the game you bought
I guess Rhysdux played the trial of the CE.

I'd noted for the CE already that the custom cursor makes the game play slow, and so it is here, terribly dragging. Just wanted to mention that under Options you can turn the custom cursor OFF, and on my computer that stopped the problem -- btw, the CE was one of those that had their SG locked for the trial, so no buy of that one anyway (if at all).

vivieta, I recommend to post in the Technical issues thread with a bit more specific description of the problem and/or contact CS via the on the right side. Good luck!

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 5:00:30 AM PST

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Nov 27, 10 6:27 AM
Same here, too.. I thought it was my computer's problem until I read that many people are experiencing the same problem.. The CE works fine but not the standard one that I am afraid to buy it..I quit two minutes after I started the demo.

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Nov 27, 10 7:05 AM
same here am getting tired of all the problems lately with games havent bought any in a while and i ahve a credit i need to use

babesacat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by babesacat on Nov 27, 10 7:41 AM
I bought the standard version and have no problems with the game. I have very high speed processor. The custom cursor is working also.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 27, 10 10:49 AM
Same here Babescat I really loved the CE demo so decided to try the SE download.
So far it it playing perfectly with the custom curser (the only thing I've adjusted is the music volume - as usual). It's not in the least bit sluggish & I can't see any difference. When downloading I did opt for the "recomended settings" and like you do have quite a powerful desktop computer (Windows7 64bit) so maybe tha's helped.
Will update if I have any problems later - I'm going to do the full hour demo before I buy just to be sure.

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Nov 27, 10 12:39 PM
I too have a high speed processor, and the demo version worked very well. My problem is after purchasing the game, then closing it for a while, it will not come back on. If I click on it again to try to start it, I get "unable to start, another game already in progress", even though there is nothing on the screen. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but got the same result.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 4:51:06 PM PST

[Post New]by kaylaraine1 on Nov 27, 10 7:34 PM
I too have just purchased the game and half way through the curser was all over the place and also had the problem with games that I have played and let sit where it says it cant be played..... I am new to this site and have gotten frustrated several times and I also have a good computer...

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 28, 10 9:32 AM
DIKIDI wrote:I too have a high speed processor, and the demo version worked very well. My problem is after purchasing the game, then closing it for a while, it will not come back on. If I click on it again to try to start it, I get "unable to start, another game already in progress", even though there is nothing on the screen. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but got the same result.

Same results here....except I haven't reinstalled the game. I had problems with another game about 2 weeks ago. BFG Customer Support couldn't help me, so they gave me a credit. Now the demo for this game worked fine, and since I purchased it, it won't load at all! If this is a ploy by BFG to buy the CE, they can forget it....

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 28, 10 9:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to let you all know that we're currently looking into the technical issues that have been reported with Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium. We'll be sure to post in the Forums when we have any new information.

Also, we ask that any technical issues for this game be posted only in the dedicated technical issues thread, so that we can keep everything together. This thread can be found by clicking on the following link:

Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 28, 10 10:55 AM
bfgDonau wrote:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to let you all know that we're currently looking into the technical issues that have been reported with Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium. We'll be sure to post in the Forums when we have any new information.

Also, we ask that any technical issues for this game be posted only in the dedicated technical issues thread, so that we can keep everything together. This thread can be found by clicking on the following link:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/128798.page">Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only</a>

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

How about BFG giving us all a game credit for our troubles as a gesture of goodwill?

PFZ1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by PFZ1 on Nov 29, 10 9:10 AM
I too have been having problems loading the standard version. I played the 60 minute trial version and that seemed to work fine. After I loaded what did seem to be the entire game, again, I was unable to play the game at all. I get the error message that Windows can not open the game and can not find a solution to the problem.

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 9:10:56 AM PST

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 30, 10 5:37 PM
Customer Support emailed me today. They acknowledge the problems with the game (ya think?!?!) and gave me a credit for another game. Hopefully they'll get a workable solution soon.

[Post New]by chelssey on Dec 2, 10 10:45 AM
The game won't reload, it says the game is already being played so I unistalled it, reinstalled it, unistalled it, reinstalled it and it says the same thing. I just want to play and win the game! C'mon!

Go to: