bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 27, 10 1:05 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by fullyassembled on Nov 27, 10 3:25 AM
No buy for me. Lasted all of three minutes. The eye is creepy and in the first hidden object scene, in the trunk of the car, the little bird jumping around just annoyed the heck out of me.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 3:27:10 AM PST

[Post New]by gammie0425 on Nov 27, 10 4:18 AM
Game does not work. The cursor travels by it's self, no matter which cursor I use.
This happens quite often in these new games. The creator needs to fix these problems. When you click on an object, it takes forever for it to accept and record the object.
Not worth playing, I gave up.

[Post New]by nanna27 on Nov 27, 10 5:17 AM
I agree the cursor does not work and would not let me click on an item.

ninja3311
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ninja3311 on Nov 27, 10 5:44 AM
I had playled the whole demo of the CE of this game and loved it. When I bought the regular edition........nothing but problems with the cursor floating. I'm really disappointed. Can't understand why the cursor would work for an hour on the CE but doesn't work on the regular edition. I'm sure it's not a fault on my end. Please get this fixed soon.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 27, 10 6:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the cursor programs. I playe dthe CE edition and had no trouble at all.
The game is creepy and unsettling, the graphs are good, so is the animation (when present). I liked the story line and the (very) dark sense of humor.
Puzzles are ok (not too hard but challenging), I enjoyed the soundtrack too as it fitted the atmosphere nicely and the little disturbing details one comes across throughout the game.
The HOGareas were ok too.
My only not too positive comment is that in the last areas it all goes too fast and personally when this happens I get the feeling the developers were either running out of ideas or wanting to finish ASAP (usually leading to a not very logical and slightly disappointing finale that doesn't seem to make justice to the rest of the game), which IMHO is a shame when the story has been building up in a "slow simmer".

Still, it provided me with several hours of good entertainment so I would recomend it to all lovers of the gothically spooky and/or Lovecraft's work.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 6:15:20 AM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Nov 27, 10 6:28 AM
yeah, it figures, i couldnt resist any longer so i bought the CE last night! anyway ,it really is a FANTASTIC game! so i wont complain! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 6:29:28 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Nov 27, 10 6:38 AM
I've been waiting for the SE to come out I loved the CE demo but couldnt afford a CE at the time! I am going to wait until December before buying it though because my November punch card is already filled up.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Nov 27, 10 7:12 AM
Gieyo wrote:...
Still, it provided me with several hours of good entertainment so I would recomend it to all lovers of the gothically spooky and/or Lovecraft's work.

one of my favorite short stories and definitely gothic-"The Outsider". love Lovecraft!
thanks for reminding me

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Nov 27, 10 7:36 AM
I have been waiting for the SE of this as I liked the trial of the CE but don't buy those. I was going to purchase straight off but after reading the reviews regarding the floating cursor, decided to demo first. (I absolutely hate floating cursors.) Thankfully, I have no problems with the cursor so far and am off to purchase.

The graphics are good and there is color. Nice after Salem Secrets browns. So far I'm not getting lost and seem to be able to remember where I've been and which turns I took to get there.

Added - Ok, I played the demo for 30 minutes and everything worked fine. I bought it and now it won't start for me. Everything seemed to download and install with no problems but when I click play - nothing happens. I click play again and it says the game is already running. I have restarted my computer twice. Now I'm going to go contact CS but of course, it's the weekend. I'm also going to post in the technical issues.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 9:02:44 AM PST

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 27, 10 7:55 AM
gemangus wrote:
Gieyo wrote:...

one of my favorite short stories and definitely gothic-"The Outsider". love Lovecraft!
thanks for reminding me

Dear gemangus:

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 27, 10 7:56 AM
Off topic----I also downloaded the demo, and just tried it because of the cursor issues reported. I played a few minutes, and there were no problems with the cursor. This will be a buy for me---have waited a month! Before I got the new Win 7-64bit computer, I had cursor problems pretty often, which I attributed to low memory (in my situation). Have had no problems since I bought the new one. Go ahead and contact CS about your cursor problems, they DO have people who work Saturday, they just don't have as many. Good luck!

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on Nov 27, 10 8:05 AM
steelerlady1 wrote:yeah, it figures, i couldnt resist any longer so i bought the CE last night! anyway ,it really is a FANTASTIC game! so i wont complain! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Nov 27, 10 8:13 AM
I also played the demo of the CE and it was fine. However waited in anticipation for the normal download and now I have the game I cannot play it because of the cursor issues. It moves so slowly that the game is not playable. Please, please can this be fixed or else it is just a waste of money.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Nov 27, 10 8:37 AM
So Happy that this game finally became available in regular edition. Had it on my watch list since I did the trial version for C.E.. Way to go BF.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Nov 27, 10 9:35 AM
I really like this game, but am afraid to buy it because of the Cursor problem others have been having. After my bad experience with Vastar, I don't need anymore game problems.

I used my own cursor and had no problems. But the game is slow in going from one scene to another. What will it do further into the game then? Very leery of buying it for that reason.

Maybe BF needs to stick with those developers that are proven to be good programmers for these games. That use programs most of our computers use, or can be compatible with. I don't know a lot about that though. Just a suggestion.

But, I have to say CS was very helpful and polite and I did get my money back. (Coupon to use for a new game.)

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Nov 27, 10 10:18 AM
is there a Walkthrough for Haunted Halls?

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 27, 10 10:54 AM
I found the walkthrough here.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/haunted-halls-green-hills-sanitarium-walkthrough/

Enjoy the game!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 27, 10 10:57 AM
Darla1108

I had a similar problem on another game some time ago. When you re-installed did you delete your old profile & set up a new one? I found this worked for me so it may be worth a try if you haven't already done so.

Edit for typing error

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 10:57:43 AM PST

[Post New]by cleokelani on Nov 27, 10 12:59 PM
Hello there,

I was waiting for that one,but I am very disappointed,If is a problem with the game ,they have to fixed if first,before to give as to buy ,I can not play the game because of the cursor ,too slow and this ruin my mood of buying,I will wait *if* they fix the problem first ,so pitty I was excited to buy ...well ...happy gaming for all there

Go to: