bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 27, 10 1:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 11:37:56 AM PST

pinger1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by pinger1 on Nov 27, 10 2:25 AM
"floating cursor"- all the comments so far relate to this problem which I also had

[Post New]by whitetwig on Nov 27, 10 3:23 AM
Cursor was "floating" so much that I was scared I wouldn't be able to exit. Wasn't even be able to get through the front gate.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Nov 27, 10 3:36 AM
Yet again, the game is unplayable with the floating cursor problem. Really Big Fish you must get your act together or you will be losing custom.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Nov 27, 10 3:50 AM
Same problem here, seems to be a good game but unable to play, tried both cursors but no luck

VestasMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by VestasMom on Nov 27, 10 4:11 AM
I don't remember who posted the cure for this issue that worked for me, but I had the same cursor problems with some games as well, and the problem was that the cursor was set to display pointer trails in mouse properties in control panel. I went in and unchecked pointer trails and the games that had mouse issues run just fine now. I'm running Windows.

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Nov 27, 10 4:25 AM
Thanks for the tip "vestasmom", but unfortunately it didn,t work for me. I checked my mouse pointer settings and the pointer trails was not checked. I am running windows vista, and before this game I had not had any problems with the pointer. Needless to say I did have problems with this game and had to uninstall as it was not playable.

birdboysf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by birdboysf on Nov 27, 10 4:39 AM
Had I checked out the CE Forum on this game I would have seen the 10+ pages of issues people have had getting the game to run and might have avoided purchasing the game. Sadly I did not and it seems after installing, uninstalling, installing, unstalling, rebooting, rebooting, rebooting and such (wasting an hour of time) the game STILL won't start. It seems to show two instances of the game running in my task manager. But the game NEVER starts -- then the Game manager says, "Thanks for playing". WTF ??
Maybe this is because the demo version I played is still considering me finished and is interfering with running the whole game. Not sure but these partial trials are a huge issue I have with BF. More often than not, I buy a game to find there is limited play left, and I have gotten distrustful of anything that plays as a demo as they don't install the complete game correctly afterward. So much for BF's guarantee that games are quality tested and virus free.
Added to this that I have waited a month for the SE to be released and BF is more an expensive headache and an annoying tease. It used to seem economoical to be a member, try out games and know that I could use a game credit for the one that I most enjoyed. Since the advent of CE, this is no longer the case, and worse yet, when I do get a game I find them unsatisfyingly short with little re-playability.
I will most likely be canceling my subscription. It's sad as I used to recommend the site.
Anyhow, as I said this game has a long list of tech issues (game bugs out or doesn't start/ cursor problems, etc.) on the CE forum and seems to have them with the SE version as well. You would think they would have fixed this before releasing it as a Game Club deal. I suppose losing one customer won't hurt their bottom line, but what happened to their quality guarantee ? You know I will be calling customer service.
All I can say about this game is BUYER BEWARE.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Nov 27, 10 4:41 AM
Another BFG game wth the cursor problems. I changed from the custom cursor to the regular one which helped me in a previous game but it didn't work with this game. The last game they sent me a link for the Dr. Felix fix and when I emailed the results in an attachment the email was returned with the "mailer daemon" response so that was no help. BFG...lets investigate this problem because its the 2nd time its happened to me in less than a month and its frustrating not to mention I'm losing my faith in purchasing your games. Please advise us when you get this fixed. For now...I uninstalled the game (nope the reinstall does not work). What a mess!

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 27, 10 4:41 AM
Floating cursor here too.Hope BF get it sorted with an update.Will wait a while
before contacting CS.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 27, 10 5:18 AM
have you all tried changing your hardware acceleration setting? That has worked for me in other games with this problem. I use Win XP on a 2004 PC.

The CE trial of this worked for me w/out glitches as I recall; going to try the demo of the SE now and see how it is. If I get slow cursor I will adjust hardware acceleration to see if that helps.

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Nov 27, 10 5:33 AM
the cursor does not work and would not let me click on an item

Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Nov 27, 10 6:03 AM
Floating cursor -- game won't work right.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Nov 27, 10 6:21 AM
Same here, sick cursor. Now it worked just fine when I tried the CE back then.

It barely moved this time, it only worked normal to exit the game. Someone boo booed on the SE as we all are having the same troubles.

It worked on the CE but not on this SE.

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Nov 27, 10 6:24 AM
The game didn´t work ,I want my money back

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 2:15:41 AM PST

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Nov 27, 10 6:32 AM
While playing the demo for the CE, this problem didnt happen. I quit after 2 minutes of playing the demo of standard version. The cursor is wayyyyyyyy too slow, but it works fine when I try the 'Menu'. Will this be fixed? cos if it won't, then it's no buy for me...

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Nov 27, 10 7:40 AM
Cursor problems - floats everywhere! Is this game any different than the Collectors Edition that was just out?? Big Fish you have got to get your act together!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 27, 10 7:45 AM
I have the same problem, the cursor floats, and disappears. When I click on an object it takes forever for it to be crossed off. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I would probably buy this game if it worked properly. I'm disappointed, BF usually has such high quality programs.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 27, 10 7:45 AM
I am having problems with the cursor as well. Had tried the CE version demo when it was released, and no problems at all. My computer is less than 1 yr old, so memory, graphics card, etc. are not the issue here.

The cursor is very sluggish. But it's not even just the cursor. On hidden object screens, the tiles that have the hidden object words on them take forever to pop up. When I find an item, it does not go away but stays on the screen flashing. When I exit the H O scene & come back, the objects that I found are gone so I do know they were correct, just so slow in the H O scene that they don't go away at first. If I use options so that I do not use custom cursor, cursor is faster, but in H O scenes after a few seconds that cursor will not move around, gets stuck on the side, and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out which pauses the game. When I get back to the game I can then move that cursor at least to the menu to exit the game.

There is something really wrong with this game. And in general - I love ERS Game Studio games - but they tend to have a lot more technical issues than the average game studio products. ERS games also have an issue with frequent game crashes and corrupt saved games for many users, and they have never gone back to fix those issues. Those users (like me with Black Cat CE for instance) are still waiting for a fix, and at this point I have come to the conclusion that there will not be one for that game. BFG is a big player, and I wish they would put some pressure on ERS Games Studios to fix their products and get them right before they publish. ERS Games IMO is starting to lose some of my respect unfortunately.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Nov 27, 10 7:45 AM
Once I disabled the custom cursor, I had no more problems with that. My problem is the game is extremely slow and lagging. It's unplayable this way.

Go to: