Not another messed up GAME! (apothocary)

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 27, 10 4:29 AM
ok, was a great game until I got to the apothocary with all the items needed. Once the egg is broken the entire game freezes. One has to ctr/alt/del to restart. I looked the the technical issue blog, and there are a lot of us stuck in the same place.
Oh come on, after skull surely this didn't happen again. This isn't even a new game..one fishie found it in the store and wondered why it wasn't offered here yet. So, it's not a new game!
Come on BFG, weekend or not, how do we get around this problem?
kris

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Not another messed up GAME! (apothocary)

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Nov 27, 10 4:31 PM
Hi kris_cross48. I experienced the same problem and uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I was able to play the game to the end with no further problems. Hope that helps until Monday.

Linda.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 27, 10 5:15 PM
Linda, Lime_cordial told me how to get around it, close out, go back in to the apothacary, but this time don't move or mix anything, just wait out the skip to fill and skip the minigame. It's disappointing to have to do that, but least I could move forward with the game.
Glad your up and running again.
Chris

[Post New]by sawis53 on Nov 27, 10 5:47 PM
well i bought the game but i am having some problems i cant find the knob for the apothecary door and i cant find the rope for the water bucket i am going around and around and nothing happen i am very frustrated right now i think i need to get my money back .

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 10 6:37 PM
sawis53 wrote:well i bought the game but i am having some problems i cant find the knob for the apothecary door and i cant find the rope for the water bucket i am going around and around and nothing happen i am very frustrated right now i think i need to get my money back .

We have a full walkthrough for the game with step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it can usually help when you get stuck.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 8:31:13 AM PST

madascanbe
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by madascanbe on Nov 27, 10 8:54 PM
It works. Go back in to the Apothocary and wait on the skip button, and you can finish the game.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 28, 10 2:43 PM
Hey, don't give up on the game - I played the entire thing and didn't have any problems. Maybe you could check and make sure all of your drivers are up to date and everything. This was a really good game.

ETA: To Sawis53:
Make sure you are watching for the "hot zones" that indicate HOG scenes - that is where you collect almost all of your inventory items - by completing the HOG scenes. Don't forget to go back to areas you have already completed - you replay quite a few HOG scenes to gather more inventory items. Keep revisiting areas to make sure a new HOG scene hasn't been triggered...

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 2:45:53 PM PST

BGOVEA
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BGOVEA on Nov 29, 10 1:06 AM
I had a problem at the apothecary too. The knobs are in a **** but I don't remember which one. I was able to make the elixir when I took the items in order, look in the journal for the order. All the tools you need are there. You start by cracking the egg, just like in the rebus puzzle earlier in the game.

I kept looking for a rope but if you show your pulley as completed you have all the rope you need just go to the well and but it on the hook on the beam. If your pulley isn't complete there are some tasks you need to do or a **** to finish to get all the parts for the pulley.

[Post New]by EZTAYLOR13 on Nov 29, 10 12:53 PM
Just close the game then re-open it. You will be taken back to the spot and all will work fine.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 29, 10 3:39 PM
Happened to me too ... froze ... going to try to un-install/re-install to see if this helps.

Can't imagine having a problem with this game this far in to it. I'm almost finished.

Judy

[Post New]by mebennui326 on Dec 3, 10 12:02 PM
Same Apothecary problem-quitting and going back in did not fix. After using Task Manager to quit the game, the next time I tried to leave using TM-it kept putting me right back in the game! Had to reboot the computer-and now am afriad to go back into the game-lolol! Thanks, BFG!

emtCW
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by emtCW on Dec 3, 10 8:41 PM
I also got "stuck" in the apothocary. Once I cntrl-alt-del my way out of the game & returned back to it. It opened with the coconut on the table - hadn't used the drill yet. I just clicked the skip button at that point & it went right to the elixer & went on the with game. Seeing all the comments helps!!

txgeo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by txgeo on Dec 4, 10 7:33 AM
Dang. So disappointing. This was fabulous until the apothocary stick. And no, I don't want to skip the minigame - that's a great part of why I do these crazy things! So, thanks for the tip about the uninstall; a quality purchase should not include having to do this kind of thing. Love ya, Bigfish, but we should get an extra credit or other freebie when we purchase malfunctioning products...

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Dec 9, 10 2:46 AM
Same problem finally got to the apothecary shop and ready to make potion and as soon as I break the egg the game freezes and will do nothing, thanks for the tip to skip the puzzle....

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 10, 10 7:53 AM
txgeo wrote:Dang. So disappointing. This was fabulous until the apothocary stick. And no, I don't want to skip the minigame - that's a great part of why I do these crazy things! So, thanks for the tip about the uninstall; a quality purchase should not include having to do this kind of thing. Love ya, Bigfish, but we should get an extra credit or other freebie when we purchase malfunctioning products...

Skip the minigame? This is NOT an acceptable solution! If so, the developers will not take the time to fix everything, and keep shelling out crappy games that are full of problems! If everyone complains to Customer Service (like they did when Green Hills Sanitarium was problematic) then maybe the pressure will be put on developers to fix it properly! I liked the demo, but came to check the forums before purchasing. After having problems with 2 games in 2 weeks, I'm a bit leery about this one until a proper fix is out there.

Go to: