Length?

[Post New]by byrdsbytes on Nov 27, 10 9:11 AM
Just for note, just finished the demo and according to the walk through I'm a 3rd of the way through. That's seems a bit short. The games great. Nice graphics, fun not too difficult puzzles. Would be a buy for me if it weren't for the apparent short length. Any notes from those who've finished.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Length?

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 27, 10 11:31 AM
I'd like to know the length too. I played half the demo so far (30 mins) and finished chapter 1 which means I'm 1/4of the way through, making this a 2-hr game if the walkthrough is any indication. That's way too short.

I did go a bit quicker in this beginning part because I"d already done it in the CE demo..but I didn't remember everything, and it was still quick...

I cannot find a walkthrough for the CE to compare length. It just seems odd that the SE is so short.............I hadn't heard complaints that the CE was short...I really like this game and waited a long time for the SE but now I"m not so sure about buying..

Has anyone finished and can you tell how long it took you?

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 28, 10 12:49 AM
This is the second CE that was flawless and long, and then they come out with the SE and it's full of problems and too short. What is up with that? They look like the same game, except the "extras" are disabled. Why would that make it a shorter game, and cause all the cursor issues everyone else is having with this game and didn't have with the CE.

You wait and you wait and you wait for the regular edition to come out, and it's such a disappointment with all the problems and the length. Something fishy going on here?

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 28, 10 5:45 AM
yea, it's starting to look more and more like those of us who wait for SEs are out of luck. Too bad, BF, it STILL isn't going to get me to buy CEs if I don't want them.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 28, 10 6:22 AM
SavemeJack wrote:This is the second CE that was flawless and long, and then they come out with the SE and it's full of problems and too short. What is up with that? They look like the same game, except the "extras" are disabled. Why would that make it a shorter game, and cause all the cursor issues everyone else is having with this game and didn't have with the CE.

You wait and you wait and you wait for the regular edition to come out, and it's such a disappointment with all the problems and the length. Something fishy going on here?

What was the other one please? I have been waiting for several SE's but don't want to buy if there is a problem. Thanks

[Post New]by byrdsbytes on Nov 28, 10 9:02 AM
Well folks, I read what I could find, broke down and bought the CE. Still playing. Must say from what I've read (and played), the SE suckith, the CE rocks. Have had no technical issues with either but the "play" is indeed better in the CE. Are we being played? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

BTW, where's the next installment of Azada?

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 29, 10 8:52 AM
byrdsbytes wrote:Well folks, I read what I could find, broke down and bought the CE. Still playing. Must say from what I've read (and played), the SE suckith, the CE rocks. Have had no technical issues with either but the "play" is indeed better in the CE. Are we being played? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

I cannot justify paying TWICE THE COST for the CE if it doesn't give me TWICE the gameplay! I don't want the concept art, screensavers, or soundtrack. If this is a ploy by the game developers to sucker us into buying the CE....forget it! I won't be held hostage!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 29, 10 8:55 AM
byrdsbytes wrote:Well folks, I read what I could find, broke down and bought the CE. Still playing. Must say from what I've read (and played), the SE suckith, the CE rocks. Have had no technical issues with either but the "play" is indeed better in the CE. Are we being played? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

I cannot justify paying TWICE THE COST for the CE if it doesn't give me TWICE the gameplay! I don't want the concept art, screensavers, or soundtrack. If this is a ploy by the game developers to sucker us into buying the CE....forget it! I won't be held hostage!

Go to: