Technical Problems Part II

[Post New]by bottis on Nov 27, 10 1:40 PM
It seems as if technical problems post has been locked with the suggestion of changing the cursor setting (remove custom cursor). Well, that solves the floating cursor problem. But when it takes 30-60 seconds for a selected object to do its animation and mark the list as "found" is not a cursor issue.

The initial Collectors Trial worked flawlessley. That is why I bought this "non-collectors edition". The standard game however is soo slow. And this is not a hardware issue. My machine is quite capable of playing even the most demanding games.

I am going to see if I can either 1) get my credit back, or 2) get update. I know this is nof BFG issue, but they sold it, and I am not liking it.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

Re:Technical Problems Part II

[Post New]by joannickle on Nov 27, 10 1:54 PM
I am having exactly the same issues. The cursor moving very slowly or disappearing. Objects moving to slowly when you have been able to touch them. This game is not acceptable in this fashion It is not my computer as I am having no problem with anything else. Please send me via e-mail a credit for this damaged game. Or fix this one. It isn't workable this way. Joan nickle

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 2:02:49 PM PST

[Post New]by PKSullivan on Nov 27, 10 2:36 PM
I have this same problem.Trial game worked with no problems.This version is not playable.

[Post New]by bottis on Nov 27, 10 2:49 PM
I just tried both the Collector Edition and the standard on a completely new machine, and the CE edition works fine but standard edition has the slowness problems. Something was messed up in their standard edition and I am hopeful they will get a patch out quickly. Seems like it would be an easy fix. We will see. If not, I can see a lot of refunds on the way.

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Nov 27, 10 3:04 PM
I lasted 3 minutes.

The opening video was fine, but when it switched to the actual game, I got the 'floaty' cursor. I changed the 'floaty' custom cursor through options and then experienced the slo-mo effect descending second by crawling second into a complete freeze. Had to control-alt-delete just to get out. This game should be removed from sale until it is fixed. Strange how the conversion from CE to SE can cause such problems.

Just for the record, I very, very, very rarely have a technical issues with games.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Nov 27, 10 3:59 PM
i could'nt play this one either. like those before me i had no problems with the CE. i'm so glad i downloaded the demo- first just to be sure. i was going to wait to buy in Dec. anyways so i could start a new punch card. maybe by then the slow and sluggish issue will be gone.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 27, 10 4:15 PM
Enough people have complained with the very same issue...........where's the fix?

It's up to the developer to send a fix to BF who will then fix this game. They are missing a lot of purchases by continuing to ignore our complaints. Not the way to keep a good business BF!

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Nov 27, 10 4:53 PM
I'm fed up now. I bought the game after trying the CE and it's sooo slow, I want my money back unless they can fix it tomorrow.

[Post New]by napachick on Nov 27, 10 5:12 PM
sooooo bummed... I bought it, played through to exam room 6, closed it to work on other things so I din't waste the day away and when I went back to open it - the damn thing won't start (just like the other locked post) it "thinks" for about 3 minutes then goes to a black screen, then back out to the "thank you for playing".

Sucks SO bad... took me forever to get to where I was...

[Post New]by carolynvbh on Nov 27, 10 5:45 PM
Same problem, the trial game is too slow to play. Glad I didn't just buy it!!

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Nov 27, 10 6:18 PM
Twice I entered my name, pressed OK and both times it shut my computer down.

Zoeaf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Zoeaf on Nov 27, 10 8:15 PM
I'm having the floating cursor problem also. I didn't have it with the trail game. I'd like it fixed or my credit returned

[Post New]by tiny_terri on Nov 27, 10 8:36 PM
napachick wrote:sooooo bummed... I bought it, played through to exam room 6, closed it to work on other things so I din't waste the day away and when I went back to open it - the damn thing won't start (just like the other locked post) it "thinks" for about 3 minutes then goes to a black screen, then back out to the "thank you for playing".

Sucks SO bad... took me forever to get to where I was...

I have the same problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no good then I updated Java, Adobe shockwave and Adobe flash player and nothing worked. Any one have any fixes?

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:40:40 PM PST

cautious
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cautious on Nov 27, 10 8:53 PM
This is the first time I've ever had a technical problem with any game. I also tried the CE first and had no problem. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game but to no avail. Not sure what happens now. I've previously seen that these problems are corrected and hope that will happen here.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Nov 27, 10 9:42 PM
If you are experiencing tech problems with ANY game. The place to report it is in the customer service section. This is only the player blog and the tech department can't give you a refund, fix, or anything else until you report it. I sure hope you all get some satisfaction, but you must report the problem via the tech service department.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 27, 10 10:19 PM
It would be nice if a moderator could/would reply to indicate whether they have read these problems and if/when a fix will be in place. Apparently mods have been around this game forum, as they have locked some threads. However no reply in the tech issues thread from anyone from BF to indicate they have actually heard about the floating cursor/sluggish game play issue.

Contacting CS is fine if you have bought the game & want a refund, but in my case and many others we have not as yet done so. However, we WOULD like to buy the game if in fact it will be fixed. I have been waiting since the CE was released to buy the game, so it is frustrating. AND the CE demo works just fine, so I don't see the need to contact CS with my issue, I will simply get the same old same old standard response, and since I haven't yet purchased the game & the CE works just fine for me (so obviously not an issue with my computer). And I understand from past moderator posts that apparently they do report issues from the forums to CS or higher up if need be. Also - why set up a tech issues thread at all if we are told our only course of action is to contact CS?? What's the point then of having the thread, unless of course the point is in fact to communicate with potential customers that there is/is not a fix in the works??????

Please mods, would someone reply in the tech thread and all the other threads that you have seen these issues and if in fact something will be done about it? It would be a good faith thing to do for all the people that posted in the 5 pages of the tech issues thread. Thank you in advance.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Nov 27, 10 11:19 PM
Yesterday I only played for two minutes, today morning I tried again and lasted just a minute. The problem was still there. I un-checked 'custom cursor' and it still didn't work. The game moves veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly. However it works fine on the main menu. I had similar problem with other ERS game (Puppetshow: Souls of the Innocent), and the CS said it was my computer problem. However, this time it's too much. Everyone gets the same error thing. They need to fix this ASAP or I won't bother spending my money, even though with Punch Credit Reward.

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Nov 28, 10 4:09 AM
Just to add another entry to the others. I just downloaded the trial of the standard game and have the floating cursor and the slowness....not even enough movement to continue the game. I have a powerful pc and no problems with other much larger games. There is a problem with this game.

[Post New]by kazkaren on Nov 28, 10 4:09 AM
I too am having same problem, thought it was my computer so deleted loads of things, wish i read this first. I have just finished a years membership with these guys, and spent loads more, wish they get it sorted soon. This is the only game i have had any trouble with, wish i had just downloaded the trial first instead of wasting my money! lesson learnt

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 4:11:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Mandy128 on Nov 28, 10 4:48 AM
I am having the same problem! Hopefully by now something can be done. It is the first time that I have had a problem with any BFG. I enoy the trial so I got the full game. Please do something either with the game or credit back!

Go to: