sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Saw some still having a problem with the sun/moon puzzle here's a solution

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 26, 08 4:28 PM
Ok before you all go uninstalling and reinstalling games you don't need to. That puzzle was simple and easy to figure out. Remember to always check your journal for hints on the puzzle.

For the sun/moon puzzle you have to do several steps in order to solve that puzzle. To get the moon section of that puzzle you must open the kitchen door first by solving the puzzle on the door. You have to find all 4 eyeballs to solve that puzzle. From what I can remember with them is one is under that lose board on the porch. The other one is in a bird nest which is up on the roof which you need a ladder for one you get in a hidden object section and the one was all ready on the door. Insert the 3 eyeballs into the door and move each handle on each eyeball until the eyeball are swirling funny. Do the hidden object section in the kitchen to get the cheese for the mouse. Go outside to the cat give him the mouse to get the key. Go back to the kitchen and use the key on the lock on the stove. Get the gloves out of the stove. Also make sure you do the hidden object part again from the chest on the porch to get the Lawn Shears. Use the Lawn Shears to cut the stem of the rose in the pot hanging above the chest you just searched. Use the gloves to pick up the rose and go back to the garden. Go all the way to the back where the female statue is next to a door. If you examined her previously she would of said to you, "I want the rose named after her" or something like that. Give her the rose in your inventory and and then you will see her necklace glimmer. Take it. That's the "Moon" half of the puzzle. Now you have to go to the Graveyard. Examine everything with your magnifying glass, especially the tree on your right. That's imperative. Use your Lawn Shears to cut away the leaves on the tree. Do the puzzle on that tree to get the "Sun" part for the puzzle. Object is to light up the bird's eyes and the four lights that aren't broken. Get "Sun" piece. Go back to the fireplace and zoom in on the Sun/Moon puzzle. Take the blue moon out of your inventory and place it on the puzzle. Do the same with the sun piece. Then look in your journal and you will see written in what looks like black crayon "Moon=symbol" on another page "Sun=symbol". Once you placed the correct (I call them zodiac symbols) next to the sun and moon, (you have to place the symbols in those Yin-Yang circles) then pull that lever on the top of the sun and moon. Basement opens.

Sass

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 4:30:22 PM PST

Re:Saw some still having a problem with the sun/moon puzzle here's a solution

[Post New]by CoRNfLaKE_Girl on Nov 26, 08 4:46 PM
Thanks!!! I have been banging my head trying to figure this part out. I got everything and even got the "Sun=[symbol]" part in the journal, but was absolutely lost in trying to figure out which symbol was the moon....guess I didn't go back far enough in the journal.

Thank you for the hint....I now can move on!

arkgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by arkgirl on Nov 26, 08 6:31 PM
A million thanks!! I don't know what I was thinking! I was trying to make things way more complicated than they had to be!

zigs
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by zigs on Nov 26, 08 6:49 PM
Found the sun / moon pieces, put them in their place. Checked journal see which two symbols need to be put in the ying yang thing, do that, pull the lever, nothing happens. For sure I have the right pieces, no question there. Can't skip puzzle either, getting frustrated. Can anybody help me out here?

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 26, 08 7:08 PM
Sassy - where exactly is it where the two symbols are being intrepreted?
I thought is was the sun and the moon symbols but then found out that they had to be "translated" into the other symbols. I went back and looked, but couldn't find it anymore. Do you remember?

A nice forum user told me what those symbols were and I don't know if it's appropriate to put that here?

jrunchey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jrunchey on Nov 26, 08 8:20 PM
Where is the graveyard? Is it where the two statues are?

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 26, 08 8:54 PM
The grave yard is past the two statues, going through the gate, past the angel with the roses. The light bulb puzzle is here.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 27, 08 4:43 AM
Cornflake you're very welcome glad I could help.

Zigs I'm sorry, that was the only way to do the puzzle. I don't know of any other way.

Arkgirl you're very welcome glad I could help.

Tiftgirl, contact customer service and they will be more than happy to help you. BFG has one of the top notched customer supports.

Take care

Sassy

[Post New]by sealsbroken13 on Nov 27, 08 4:56 AM
tiftgirl
not sure this will help,but my computer did the same thing went blank and had to do task manager to get out, I shut the computer down tried to reboot but the computer would not reboot so I unpluged it and replug and rebooted and it worked fine ever since.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Nov 27, 08 9:36 AM
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!! I'm to the point of matching the symbols but none of my symbols LOOK like a moon!!!! I have what look like astrology symbols on the left & 'rune' sort of symbols on the right. I cannot find that flippin moon!!! lol Man...am I lost....

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 27, 08 11:37 AM
Sassy - I finally got through the sun/moon puzzle yesterday, but I still don't understand how those two symbols represented the sun and the moon - thanks for the help. Isn't it great that we all have each other to ask if we run into a problem? I love it!

Chilly - the two symbols are the one on the upper left screen that looks like a 7 with a line through it and the other one is the one that looks a little like the @ sign - it's on tthe lower right.

I will take a break from the game today - I have some cooking to do and then some serious eating.
You all have a great holiday!!

Edited on 11/27/2008 at 11:38:31 AM PST

[Post New]by GranyLinda on Dec 8, 08 8:51 PM
I cant figure how to line up the mini puzzle in graveyard. I can get 2 lights to light up but not all 4. Please help

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 8, 08 8:56 PM
Start with the outer ring. Make sure there's a red line pointing to each bulb that isn't broken, and to the eyes on the top. Then, move the other circles around until the lines that begin on the outer ring go all the way to the center. Don't pay attention to the lights going on and off as you're solving the puzzle because they don't matter. All the matters is that once everything's lined up, all the lights will come on.

[Post New]by boooda on Oct 19, 09 11:20 AM
eyeballs are swirling but nothing happens!

gkilli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gkilli on Nov 3, 09 9:59 AM
I put the symbols in but still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong

[Post New]by K1mberly on Nov 20, 09 7:34 AM
I dont know if there is a glitch in the game or whats going on but i cannot seem to find the graveyard. Ive found the moon and put that into place but Im missing the sun. Ive done everything i can do in the kitchen and with the chest on the front porch. Ive been to the rose garden. Am I missing something? Could it have to do with the funny squeleton thing on the door in the rose garden? Does that open up to a cemetary?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 20, 09 8:23 AM
Yes it does. The drawing for the birdman skeleton on the gate is on the wall of the kitchen, behind some papers.

Go to: