moxy31
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

pick axe and fishing line

[Post New]by moxy31 on Nov 28, 10 1:00 AM
I keep going back to the mine and I cannot find either of these items. Is it me or the game?

moxy31
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:pick axe and fishing line

[Post New]by moxy31 on Nov 28, 10 2:11 AM
Well I FINALLY finished this game altough sorry it is not one of my favorites.

AliH827
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by AliH827 on Nov 29, 10 4:05 PM
I can't find the pick axe or the fishing line either. I looked at the walkthrough and it said you get the axe in a **** scene by the gallows. There was no **** scene there. Looked in the cave for the fishing line and that wasn't there either.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if they also had this problem? I was enjoying the game but can't go any further.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 29, 10 6:37 PM
AliH827 wrote:I can't find the pick axe or the fishing line either. I looked at the walkthrough and it said you get the axe in a **** scene by the gallows. There was no **** scene there. Looked in the cave for the fishing line and that wasn't there either.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if they also had this problem? I was enjoying the game but can't go any further.

If a Hidden Object Scene has not appeared yet, it means there's something else (sometimes in a completely different part of town!) that you have to do first to "trigger" that scene.

For example, talking to one of the girls triggers 3 or 4 Hidden Object scenes all at once.

This is where the sparkle on the Map is very helpful. You don't have to keep going back to see if a Hidden Object Scene is available--just check the map where you are. When a Hidden Object Scene is available, there will be a white sparkle there on the Map.

Meanwhile, the easiest thing is just to go back to the beginning of the walkthrough and read through it to see if there are any steps that we did that you haven't done yet. This is a nonlinear game, which means players can do things in many different sequences. It's likely that somewhere along the line you skipped one that we'd already done in the walkthrough.

Once you've completed the same tasks as the walkthrough has, the Hidden Object Scene should be available for you and you can go on.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. By the way, with regard to the Gallows, you have to do that scene once, then go into the Jail and complete the Rebus Puzzle, then come out and do the scene agiin. The first time you get the Rope. The second time you get the Pickaxe.

Go to: