bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Jane Lucky technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 28, 10 10:02 AM
If you are having problems getting Jane Lucky to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Post any Jane Lucky technical issues here only

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 28, 10 10:37 AM
I have a question - I lost the voiceovers in this game a little ways into the game play. The lips move, the captions/subtitles are there, but their is no voiceover sound. Once in a while there will be a couple of lines of dialog audible and then, once again, no voiceover sound.

Is this a tech problem or is this the way the game was written? I am debating about purchasing this game and will wait for a response here. Thanks!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 28, 10 1:26 PM
I got to the first screen was able to find the 1st Aide kit and start the fire at which point the cursor locked up. I ended up having to shut down the computer and restart it to get it to work. I think I'll pass on this game.

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on Nov 29, 10 4:12 AM
I had similar issues with this game, only the text is not there,(it literally says TEXT) and it all menus look like web addresses. The sound cut off after using the first aid kit and soon after that it froze. I lost patience and uninstalled. It had promise, but, too many issues for me.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Nov 30, 10 3:30 PM
After the initial run through of the characters, the screen goes black. There is still a voice over, but eventually that quits too and there is nothing.

[Post New]by silkykitty on Dec 5, 10 3:44 PM
I've lost the voice overs also. I can see the text and I can also see the lips moving on the characters. It seems like they are saying MUCH more than what is written in the text that is displayed.

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Feb 19, 11 1:48 AM
When I tried to download this game....the trial .... this is message I got on my screen: "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete....you may want to contact the author of this installer"....whats that about????

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Feb 17, 12 8:32 PM
I am also having difficulty with the voice overs. I had it with text, then lost the sound and then got the voices with text back, now it is all text. It seemed like a faster game and easier to play with the voices. As this is now Feb. and original issues were in November and December I can only guess that this issue can not be fixed. But at DD price, I can live with it.

[Post New]by janny6 on Feb 18, 12 9:56 AM
I downloaded this game yesterday, played several hours. This morning the game crashed, error violation message, and am now unable to play the game. Computer reboot provided no relief.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Feb 19, 12 2:27 PM
RUFUS is spelt RUPHUS in places. There are times looking for something, if you work quickly, it does not register. Other times, like where the terrorist allows her in the first time, ceratin things did not click at all. Game is rather slow reacting.

[Post New]by ellington1 on Feb 19, 12 5:40 PM
Need to fis mechanism to open lock in chest...Gear wheels will not move to mechanism to install so chest will open. I am stuck cannot go forward with the game . Good game BUT We need to get our money's worth. HELP

helpqueen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by helpqueen on Feb 24, 12 5:24 AM
I'm trying to repair the well and cannot pick up the pipe piece lying toward the bottom of the screen right in the middle. The hint will highlight the piece but I still can't pick it up. I've tried in both full screen and not full screen and I've also tried restarting. I can't go any further.

Go to: