Last Puzzle

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Last Puzzle

[Post New]by nflynn on Nov 26, 08 6:54 PM
I am going insane! I finally skipped the puzzle to end it. I could not get all the numbers in the correct order...please help! It is bugging me that I could not finish it after spending hours on this game!

Edited on 12/03/2008 at 4:11:15 PM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:last puzzle

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 26, 08 7:00 PM
nflynn, for this puzzle, you need to put the numbers in numerical sequence beginning with 1 and ending with 17. The numbers 1,2,3 would be in the to oval at the top. The numbers would go clockwise.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 26, 08 7:40 PM
I got the numbers in the right order and the door opened that showed the creepy heart thing. I couldn't figure out what to do next and hit skip. I'd love to know what to do next so I don't have to skip it the next time I play. I played with the syringe and the valves, but I must have missed something.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 3:12 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:Any tips on how to solve this one? I know you have to get the numbers in order, but is there some sort of trick or technique? Thanks.

Keep in mind that there is an odd amount of numbers. So if your number is one space off, you have to move it all the way around the circle

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Nov 27, 08 3:16 PM
prpldva wrote:
SolarEclipse wrote:Any tips on how to solve this one? I know you have to get the numbers in order, but is there some sort of trick or technique? Thanks.

Keep in mind that there is an odd amount of numbers. So if your number is one space off, you have to move it all the way around the circle

Thanks. But I'm still not sure really how to do this one. I don't know how to keep the numbers in place and just move the ones that you need. I spent awhile trying to do this one and got tired and went to bed.

My big big problem is when the number is three or four spaces off. I just don't know how to get one number behind the next.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 27, 08 3:26 PM
I had all my numbers in order until I inadvertantly clicked out of the scence! However this isn't where I'm stuck.

I just can't seem to figure out what to do once the numbers are in the right order!

Can anyone give a hint as to the next step once numbers are in place and can see the heart?

Thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 3:33 PM
jobynana wrote:I had all my numbers in order until I inadvertantly clicked out of the scence! However this isn't where I'm stuck.

I just can't seem to figure out what to do once the numbers are in the right order!

Can anyone give a hint as to the next step once numbers are in place and can see the heart?

Thanks

Make sure that the 1,2,3 are in the top area. Hit the adreneline if you need to

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 27, 08 3:50 PM
I didn't notice the numbers changed again after the 'heart window' opened!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 27, 08 3:54 PM
Thanks prpldva! Kept hitting the syringe but didn't realise I had to sort the numbers out again after the heart could be seen...tired or stupid...or both maybe!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 27, 08 3:56 PM
Oh - this game has turned me into a jellyfish...!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 08 4:46 PM
jobynana wrote:Thanks prpldva! Kept hitting the syringe but didn't realise I had to sort the numbers out again after the heart could be seen...tired or stupid...or both maybe!

You're very welcome! Congrats on morphing to jellyfish!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 28, 08 2:45 PM
WooHoo! I FINALLY solved it! The way my game works, it opens the heart door when so many numbers are in order. Then, as more numbers are put in order the glass starts to crack. When all the numbers are in order and the 1,2,3 are in the oval, the glass breaks and goodby Charlie!

Jobynan, this game has turned me into a jellyfish too!

Thanks to all the very patient Fish who helped me through. There were times I felt like a dunce. Now if I could just get someone to knock off those trolls....

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 3:27 PM
I caved . . skipped it! Was sick and tired of good old Charlie!!!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 30, 08 8:47 AM
This is the one puzzle that I skipped because it just tried my patience too much. While the others seem to have a solution that only takes a few steps, I just couldn't even bring myself to try on this one. . .

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Dec 1, 08 4:24 PM
bumping this

[Post New]by Veronica1228 on Dec 3, 08 5:25 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with this puzzle. I was able to figure out most of the other ones on my own, but for some reason I can't get the numbers on this last puzzle in order.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 3, 08 6:05 AM
Veronica1228 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with this puzzle. I was able to figure out most of the other ones on my own, but for some reason I can't get the numbers on this last puzzle in order.

There's undoubtedly a better way to do this, but here's how I did it: start with the one and focus on putting numbers in order from there. You can figure out which way you need to move a number by skipping spaces to calculate where the number will end up so, for example, move the 2 either clockwise or ccwise to bring it next to the 1. If moving ccwise does it, super; if you have to move clockwise, then you will mess up all of the numbers you already lined up. It really doesn't matter, though, because other than being a pain in the **** because you have to flip a bunch of numbers back, it's easily cleaned up after every move.

All in all, it's not that the puzzle is hard, just tedious . . .

[Post New]by Veronica1228 on Dec 3, 08 6:29 AM
Thanks for the tip. I added it to my ever-growing word doc regarding tips for playing this game. I think that the other three times I've played the game that by the time I got to this last part I was just burned out and didn't have the patience to really work on it. I just wanted the game to be done! I'll give it a shot on my next go-around.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 3, 08 7:36 AM
Veronica1228 wrote:Thanks for the tip. I added it to my ever-growing word doc regarding tips for playing this game. I think that the other three times I've played the game that by the time I got to this last part I was just burned out and didn't have the patience to really work on it. I just wanted the game to be done! I'll give it a shot on my next go-around.

That's EXACTLY what I did---skip it because who wanted to deal with it at that stage of the game!! When I replayed it, I stopped and saved when I had to get the 10 hearts figuring my patience and frustration level would be better and I'd be able to face the chore of moving the numbers around.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Dec 3, 08 2:01 PM
I did it!!

Man, that was a pain in the butt...

Go to: