bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 29, 10 12:22 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show is here!

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 29, 10 7:59 AM
I bought the first one, but never finished it as it just got boring after a while. It seemed like it would never end.

This one is so far much more fun. The graphics are a bit hazy, but otherwise well done. The objects were not too hard to find. Most of the time if I couldn't find something it was because it was well hidden, not impossible. It's also not timed. The storyline is minimal and a bit silly. You are rescuing people by playing these games. (Does no one ever think to call the police?)

So far I have played a find the items on the list, a silhouette, spot the difference, riddle, one where you put puzzle pieces into a puzzle and Find 10 of the same thing. You spin a wheel to choose a game. If you hold down the spin button and release it when you get to the gold bar, the host yells out something, but I haven't yet figured out if you get anything for this.

The words BONUS ROUND pop up during a level. If you click on it, you play a timed (very short) round to find pieces of markers that can help you like hint chips or the ability to skip a particular type of game. This is fun, but requires fast accurate clicking. Some rounds I would get up to 4 chips other rounds nothing. I liked it, but some might find it intrusive.

I'm not sure about the length of this game. I was able to free 2 of the 5 people and was working on the third in the hour demo. That would make only an hour or so more of game time, unless you also had to play to free yourself.

One little glitch - when the game quit because the demo time ran out, it changed my screen resolution to 1024 x 768.

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 8:00:41 AM PST

miajrz
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by miajrz on Dec 6, 10 9:17 AM
I've bought and played MM Mac--I like the THOS games because they're perfect for when you just want 10 minutes or so of searching and they go on forever, so they're good value, imho. The graphics are good. There are enough different modes (Spot the difference, Find 10, etc) for everyone to find both their faves and their pet hates. There's a new twist, Combine, where you put together two objects by clicking on them to get the object on the list, which is fun.
FYI, there is a glitch in Extended Play. I keep getting an error message: "Index out of range. Script Error. Continue? Yes No". Yes gets you back to the EP screen, no dumps you out. I've read through all the MM forums and the same problem comes up the PC version. I couldn't find a resolution, so I've emailed tech support. Will let you know.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 10, 10 10:28 AM
I'm going to try the trial. Thanks RyeM. for your summary - it's a great help in determining whether I download the trial or not. Thanks to all the fishies in the forums for their opinions, etc. They're a great help.

Also, THANK YOU for continuing to release more and more Mac games. Some of the most popular ones now would be nice to have on Mac platform.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 10, 10 12:44 PM
After playing the demo and the game quit, it changed the resolution on my monitor. This is a non-starter for me. If it wasn't for this, I would have considered buying it. Therefore, I will not be buying this game.

If can fix that bug and let us know about it, then I will consider buying it.

Go to: