Order of Aveyond Games

TracyS123
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Order of Aveyond Games

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Nov 29, 10 12:50 AM
Hello,
Can someone please give me the correct order of the Aveyond games since BF just lists them in alphabetical order? Obviously Aveyond is first and Aveyond 2 is second but how does it go after that? Thanks a lot!

-Tracy

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

Re:Order of Aveyond Games

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Nov 29, 10 3:14 AM

Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest
Aveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Aveyond - Lord of Twilight
Aveyond - Gates of Night
Aveyond - The Lost Orb

TracyS123
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Dec 2, 10 3:03 PM
Thanks a bunch!
-Tracy

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 2, 10 4:04 PM
You're so very welcome !

**I do so hope that the 4th installment (I forget the name ) will launch some time before Christmas....**

TracyS123
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Dec 8, 10 11:01 PM
memawclay2 wrote: You're so very welcome !

**I do so hope that the 4th installment (I forget the name ) will launch some time before Christmas....**

Ok now I'm confused because you just listed a total of 6 tames in the Aveyond series and now you're saying you hope the 4th comes out soon. Can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Tracy

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 9, 10 3:01 AM
I apologize for not being completely awake when I listed the game names. Then to compound my error, I listed all the game titles in a completely different thread !
Here is the everything Aveyond game titles

Ahriman's Prophecy (freeware not offered by BFG)
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (chapter 1 of the Lost Orb series)
Aveyond: Gates of Night (chapter 2 of the Lost Orb series)
Aveyond: The Lost Orb (chapter 3 of the Lost Orb series)
Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy (chapter 4 - and rumored last - of the Lost Orb series) not completed yet and tentatively dated Dec 21 ? for launch at the developers site.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 3:30:16 PM PST

TracyS123
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Dec 9, 10 2:05 PM
memawclay2 wrote: I apologize for not being completely awake when I listed the game names. Then to compound my error, I listed all the game titles in a completely different thread !

Aveyond: Rhen's Quest
Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy (chapter 4 - and rumored last - of the Lost Orb series) not completed yet and tentatively dated Dec 21 ? for launch at the developers site.

Ok, so just to clarify, are you saying that The Lost Orb is one game but is separated into 4 parts with each one being a separate game that you buy? And what about Ahriman's Prophecy? You've listed that before Aveyond 1 as freeware. So what is Ahriman's Prophecy?

Thanks!
Tracy

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 9, 10 3:49 PM
LOL, I can see right now I must stop posting shortly after waking up !! Or at least wait until afternoon.

Ahriman's Prophecy is the precurser to Aveyond 1 : Rhen's Quest. I have never finished this game because I can't stay alive long enough to gain enough significant experience to get anywhere. Don't quote me but I think this game was the developer's first RPG creation. For more detailed information you might want to visit the creator's web site.

As for the Lost Orb series. Yes, this game was deliberately presented in chapter form. You can use the search engine to call up the developer's explanation as to why she choose this manner of presentation. Or visit her web site for more detailed information.
forum rules prevent me from offering the URL.
Hope all this helps.

TracyS123
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Dec 9, 10 8:17 PM
Thank you for clearing everything up! So I guess even though Ahriman's Prophecy is a prequel, you can play it any time you want (or not at all!) I think I know what web site you're talking about because I know the web site where the Aveyond games came from.

Thanks again!
-Tracy

[Post New]by Horadchuck on Jan 11, 11 11:32 AM
memawclay2 wrote: I apologize for not being completely awake when I listed the game names. Then to compound my error, I listed all the game titles in a completely different thread !

[Post New]by Horadchuck on Jan 11, 11 11:43 AM
Hi Memawclay2,
I've just read your message re: The Aveyond series, and wonder whether you might know when BFG will be releasing the last chapter (The Darkthrop Prophecy).
It was released by Amaranth Games late Dec. Usually, BFG release fairly soon after Amaranth Games, but this last one hasn't appeared yet on their new releases.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

H

[Post New]by Horadchuck on Jan 11, 11 11:44 AM
Hi Memawclay2,
I've just read your message re: The Aveyond series, and wonder whether you might know when BFG will be releasing the last chapter (The Darkthrop Prophecy).
It was released by Amaranth Games late Dec. Usually, BFG release fairly soon after Amaranth Games, but this last one hasn't appeared yet on their new releases.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

H

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 11, 11 12:10 PM
Hello Horadchuck,
No, sorry, I have no information when BFG will present The Darkthrop Prophecy. Hopefully soon.
In the mean time how about demoing the latest Westward offering----wow, the dev's produced this game with psychic grappling hooks!! I can't get away from it, lol, it's taking over my life, hahahaha.......

[Post New]by Horadchuck on Jan 11, 11 3:58 PM
Hi Memawclay2, thanks for replying so quickly, maybe someone from BFG will enlighten us as to when it will be released.
As for Westward - can't say that I'm into that one, tried playing the very first one and got bored so never bothered with subsequent offerings!

Perhaps I should take another look, lol.

H

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,752 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 11, 11 6:33 PM
Darkthrop Prophecy is supposed to show up here on Big Fish this week; it was announced in the previews on Monday by Mudrock in the Chit-Chat Corner forum.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Feb 5, 11 8:33 PM
Started playing Darkthrop then found out here that there are all these earlier games! Woohoo!

FireNinetails
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by FireNinetails on Apr 21, 11 9:00 AM
The darthop profecy IS the end of the orb of magic.

[Post New]by tinymax96 on Jan 16, 13 10:19 AM
Will there be anymore Aveyond games after Darkthrop Prophecy or is it the end?

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 16, 13 11:06 AM
Keep an eye on the maker site for any other Aveyond games. So far they have not issued any more but there is always the possibility that they might come out with another one.

Actually just checked maker site and Aveyond 4 is currently being written. No telling exactly when it will b out, probably late this year or sometime by the middle of 2014.

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 11:20:03 AM PST

clare2470
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by clare2470 on Apr 21, 13 6:48 AM
There is due to be another Aveyond game soon. It is under development now. I won't advertise another game site on BFG but if you type aveyond in your search bar, the other games sites will appear.

I'm still waiting for the date of release!!

Go to: