MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

NO SKIP OPTION

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 29, 10 8:31 PM

This is a game that's been placed in my "NEVER BUY" folder; there are some mini-games I can figure out and then there are some that I cannot.

I lose patience when I've spent 1/2 of the game demo just trying to figure out a mini-game (UNSUCCESSFULLY) and reading in the walkthrough that the mini-game is random so the solution there is of no use and then see that there's NO SKIP option.

ALL mini-games (in my opinion) should ALWAYS have a SKIP option; we've all fortes in certain mini-games and there is NO such thing as 1-size-fits-all mini-games.

Pity, too, as I was actually able to figure out what to do -- WITHOUT perusing the walkthrough -- which in such hidden object/adventure games, I'm not always been successful in doing.

Ah well, on to another game

MEnr56

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:NO SKIP OPTION

[Post New]by blackgsd on Nov 29, 10 8:45 PM
I completely agree. Games like this, casual games, should always include a skip option.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Nov 29, 10 9:43 PM
Me too, some I can work out some I can't. Should have a skip

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 30, 10 1:02 AM
I read on another site that this game has intriguing and mind-bending puzzles, so I thought: "Oh goodie", because I rather like those puzzles, but am not always good at solving them. LOL

But when I read in the walkthrough here that the puzzles can´t be skipped, I decided immediately against even considering to buy it. There is no way I buy a HOG where I can´t skip the puzzles, just as I would never buy a HOG which has a timer but no relaxed mode.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 30, 10 1:34 AM
Valdy wrote:I read on another site that this game has intriguing and mind-bending puzzles, so I thought: "Oh goodie", because I rather like those puzzles, but am not always good at solving them. LOL

But when I read in the walkthrough here that the puzzles can´t be skipped, I decided immediately against even considering to buy it. There is no way I buy a HOG where I can´t skip the puzzles, just as I would never buy a HOG which has a timer but no relaxed mode.

AMEN to THAT -- timed games and me I just do NOT have the speed and reflex that such games require; who does, BTW? Must be kids only or I'm alot older than I think

MEnr56

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 30, 10 1:45 AM
Valdy wrote:I read on another site that this game has intriguing and mind-bending puzzles, so I thought: "Oh goodie", because I rather like those puzzles, but am not always good at solving them. LOL

I entirely agree, I've downloaded so I'll probably give the demo a try but unless the walkthrough gives the solution to the puzzeles I won't be buying. (I don't skip very often - like to solve them even if it takes a long time - but need to know that it won't be the end of the game if I can't)

Like you I no longer buy games with no relaxed option, I like to take my time to enjoy the game rather than rushing to beat the clock.

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Nov 30, 10 5:04 AM
Thanks for the answer to the question "should I try it" My brains (son) are at school so if there is no skip option I will only get frustrated and I play to relax.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 30, 10 3:59 PM
I am frustrated with the bars near the end (I think)...cannot get the bars to line up, the walkthrough order isn't working, and I am just plain stuck. Some puzzles I really enjoy, and don't mind figuring out; others just don't compute to me, so I want to skip rather than tear my hair out. This is one of them...no matter what I do, I cannot get that top bar to line up. Grrr.

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Nov 30, 10 9:32 PM
Aarggh! Must have skip option.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Nov 30, 10 10:08 PM
no kidding , i need my skip option , i want my skip button

NO SKIP OPTION

[Post New]by STEVEINLAST on Dec 1, 10 7:37 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

This is a game that's been placed in my "NEVER BUY" folder; there are some mini-games I can figure out and then there are some that I cannot.

I lose patience when I've spent 1/2 of the game demo just trying to figure out a mini-game (UNSUCCESSFULLY) and reading in the walkthrough that the mini-game is random so the solution there is of no use and then see that there's NO SKIP option.

ALL mini-games (in my opinion) should ALWAYS have a SKIP option; we've all fortes in certain mini-games and there is NO such thing as 1-size-fits-all mini-games.

Pity, too, as I was actually able to figure out what to do -- WITHOUT perusing the walkthrough -- which in such hidden object/adventure games, I'm not always been successful in doing.

Ah well, on to another game

MEnr56

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Dec 5, 10 9:43 PM
I agree with you. I will not pay for a game that is impossible to finish. I pay good money for these games and want to be able to play the game until the end. It should be up to "US" if we choose to use the skip button or not. Also, I will not purchase games where the timer cannot be turned off...again, that should be our choice!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 6, 10 12:08 AM
lovetoocraft wrote:I agree with you. I will not pay for a game that is impossible to finish. I pay good money for these games and want to be able to play the game until the end. It should be up to "US" if we choose to use the skip button or not. Also, I will not purchase games where the timer cannot be turned off...again, that should be our choice!

Yes, a real challenge if you can't skip anything...

I agree, those of you who have this opinion should not purchase this game.
Me? I liked the challenge - I managed to discover and work my way through all of the tasks/quests with a LOT of trial and error and really enjoyed this game until...............

A BIG problem near the end - no 2nd lever shows up on my screen. I am currently in the process of repeating the game under a new profile to see what happens then.

Anyway, if you want sparkles, hand-holding and easy puzzles, then this game is not for you.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 12:10:32 AM PST

Go to: