screen really jumpy

[Post New]by ebryant77 on Nov 29, 10 8:50 PM
This game is going to give me vertigo....when I move the cursor the whole thing jiggles continually and flashes. Any ideas whats going on? How to fix it?

Re:screen really jumpy

[Post New]by boombuster on Mar 19, 11 8:47 AM
I have the same problem, but only with this one game. Help

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 19, 11 10:25 AM
Hi ebryant77 and boombuster,

Welcome to the pond! These particular issues can sometimes be fixed with a quick update to some components in your system. For these steps, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like more help, please feel free to get in touch with a Tech Support (you can click on this link) rep. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by TigerKeeper3025 on Mar 19, 12 8:07 PM
I was having problems with this but if you go into the config file and add the line
bFullScreen=0
it seems to fix the problem but you have to play the game in window mode

coriv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by coriv on Sep 2, 13 1:21 PM
When modifying the config file it won't let me save. Is there a trick to that?

Chaikhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Chaikhe on Feb 16, 14 3:07 PM
I was having this problem; the screen kept flickering right from the opening scene. I put the game into compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 (I'm on Windows 8.1) and it works like a charm now.

If you don't know how to put games into compatibility mode, click on the link above for "Game crashing, freezing or blank screen" - they have the instructions.

Thanks, techpeoples!

[Post New]by jenjarrett on Jul 4, 14 12:41 PM
Had the same issue. Putting the game in compatibility mode did not help (Win 7), but modifying the config file did, and I can save the progress alright.

Go to: