bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 30, 10 12:22 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Dragon Dance? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Nov 30, 10 12:41 AM
am i alone when i say this game blows!?! i've only been playing ten minutes and already i'm about to give up!!!! i'm stuck at the same place and it keeps telling me to look somewhere else but there is nowhere else to look!!! UGH!!!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 30, 10 12:51 AM
Downloading. I get stuck in easy games so may be this one isn't for me, Will let you know. Other comments please, where are you Goofy ?

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Nov 30, 10 12:57 AM
im stuck at the start...i found the three dragon hunt books and it says to lay them on the table and look at there bookmarks, but they wont stay...they just fly back into the bag!?? anyone had that issue?

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Nov 30, 10 1:08 AM
Nicely done artwork, music a bit monotonous, another grandpa story but think he has already passed so won't be looking for him. Looks like a fair decent story. Game is a hidden object in adventure mode. There are tasks to complete or quests with very little hand holding involved. Some objects are toughies to find but not too small or obscure. Hint refills fairly quickly and did not have an overclick issue though didn't try that out. Don't think this is a particularly easy game. I for one am glad it comes with a walkthrough available.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Nov 30, 10 1:14 AM
I am also stuck after finding the 3 books, I can't go anywhere else because I am told nothing else to do here at the moment. Is there a walkthrough for this game? It seems it is mixed up the with Liong Dragon dance which is a Mahjong game. Could we have a comments and review just for this game please. Thanks.

[Post New]by Puda_K on Nov 30, 10 1:16 AM
mystine wrote: im stuck at the start...i found the three dragon hunt books and it says to lay them on the table and look at there bookmarks, but they wont stay...they just fly back into the bag!?? anyone had that issue?

If you hold them over the table (without clicking the mouse) an outline will show as to where to place the books. I am stuck a few minutes after this part. This game is TERRIBLE. wish I had the patience to waste my life on trying to figure out what to do in it, but I don't. Good luck to you.

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Nov 30, 10 1:20 AM
To Mystine:

Hi Mystine, When you have three book, you will come to see the three glows in the table, Place that books on that glow at right position. If you do so, Book wont fly back.

Simple and interesting, just do it again.

[Post New]by camarocarol on Nov 30, 10 1:23 AM
Very frustrating game. Don't like to try placing items tons of times before you hit the right spot. Not one I will buy!

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Nov 30, 10 1:27 AM
Didn't have the patience required for this game. Its somewhat of an ihog/adventure, from what I could tell, which is my favorite kind, but it's clunky and not well done. Music seems fine, and the hint button reloads quickly.

not a buy for me.

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Nov 30, 10 1:28 AM
I've also given up after a few minutes. I can't find the third book and I don't think I want to. If I try to go back to the previous room, the arrow at the bottom of the screen rarely shows ... so the navigation is just not working. A lot of the items to find were tiny and merged with the background. It was sort of interesting ... a second area within the H0 scene. It's a shame ... I was looking forward to a new game but this one is getting deleted rather quickly.

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Nov 30, 10 1:33 AM
To camarocarol:

Hi Mate, Placing things on right place need little concentration, once you get that place it will go tremendously good. Nothing in it to frustrate, jus have fun .....

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 30, 10 1:35 AM
Tricky little game eh! It's HOG, IHOG with puzzles. Great cursor that doesn't "drop out" unless you rapid fire it. Decent hint system that recharges quickly. Who really cares about the story. , You're scouring the earth lookin' for your grandpa or your dead dads double headed dragon or something like that. The music is that hi-pitched Chinese stuff that they use in every Mah-Joong game I ever played. Supposed to soothe the soul I guess but it just grates on my nerves after 5 min.

I like the graphics, bright and clear (the basement is dark but the objects you interact with are a little brighter and stand out a little),but are not elaborate, sort of comic book grade.

There are some glitches I have found and I'm sure there are others. When changing scenes the directional arrow is hard to locate. It has a very small "sweet spot". Items are placed in your toolbag/briefcase when you complete a HOG. I picked up one of the items in my toolbag and could not lay it down or use it. I was able to trade it for another object that I could use in the scene. Also the placement of books and other objects onto tables is tricky. SPOILER.. when you pick up the object to place it on the table there will be a high lighted area that you must place it on,otherwise it will go back into your toolbox.

The game does have some deceptively sly twists that I like. In one scene you need to find a knob for a dresser drawer somewhere in the room. I went nuts trying to find it. I finally found It!! SPOILER..you rob the one from the drawer next to it!

I like the game, it's not overly challenging and it does give more info than a lot of you care for but you can skip reading the journal if you're so inclined.
I rate it
Dr.good
edit; this is based on 49 min. of play

p.p.s. Early this morning when I first reviewed this little jewel I knew that people were either going to love it or hate it! I think it's a great game and hope dev. bring out more real soon!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 3:21:42 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 30, 10 1:36 AM
What a very frustrating game this is to play but that said ...

the graphics are beautifully clear;
the music is very nice but repetitive so keep it low;
the hints recharge and tell you to look elsewhere if what you need is not in the same room;
the hidden object scenes are not junkpile;
some objects require 2 items combining find half and click it on the other (eg loaded gun);
some items can be hidden in drawers etc;
skip button fills slowly on puzzles.

Now for the frustrating bit ... well there are two things that will frustrate you and they are:

This is an adventure type game and what do you need to do in these sort of games? ... click ... and, what happens when you click around to see what you can interact with ... the cursor keeps falling apart on you!

The second thing that is sooo very frustrating is the simple act of placing things down ... they can only be put down when a faint outline appears so a split second act of putting a book on the table takes soooo much longer than it should. <insert hair pulling out emoticon here>

These two things stop the game from being a great game in my opinion.

However there is one thing about these delays and that is that it should make the game last longer for you .

As I need a game to fill my punchcard I will be purchasing so please send all wigs courtesy of , thank you.

Cherb

ETA

Will be using existing credit

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 1:40:04 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 30, 10 1:39 AM
Such an intriguing title for such a poorly designed game! When you find objects that are supposed to be placed in a given area, they have to be placed SO precisely that it can quickly kill any desire to continue trying. The hint system is not the best; and the English translation needs a LOT of improvement. This is not on my list to purchase; even when it becomes a Daily Deal.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 30, 10 1:46 AM
cherbtoo wrote:As I need a game to fill my punchcard I will be purchasing so please send all wigs courtesy of , thank you. Cherb

And to think that I just donated my cut hair to a beautician who makes wigs for cancer survivors; if I'd have known, I would've sent it your way instead

MEnr56

[Post New]by girouard347 on Nov 30, 10 1:52 AM
Well, I stumbled my way to the memorial and found all hidden objects and solved all puzzles up to the sliding key puzzle. I could not figure out any logic as to how to make the blocks slide. Sometimes they slid but it seemed it was more of a whim on their part. No rhyme or reason to it. This game is way too frustrating and the quality and story line were not good enough, in my opinion, to make me want to continue (ie: purchase) it. I don't care for games that take you by the hand and lead you through the game, but sometimes you do need a little bit more instruction than what they provided in this one.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 2:00 AM
I am liking the game so far - I am currently stuck but it is either a game glitch or player error - waiting for others to catch up and tell me! LOL

The graphics are really gorgeous here, the game play makes you think and hunt and click around but you can always refer back to your "Quest" list (tasks) and the journal which has a bit of information/clues as to how to proceed. I haven't noticed any click penalties (thank goodness), there is no timer, there are very few option settings (for example volume = either you listen to the music & sounds, or you don't) but it certainly looks like it will be an interesting game and not your normal gameplay. If you like sparkles to show you where hot spots and puzzles are located you won't be happy here. It is all about clicking around to find interactive areas - I think I will enjoy this one and have already purchased.

Happy gaming!!

ETA: No game glitch - strictly idiot player!!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 2:08:54 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 2:03 AM
If you are patient and love to figure things out you will like the game - that is the kind of game it is. I haven't needed a walkthrough.... just sayin'.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 30, 10 2:25 AM
The most I can say positive for this game is IT FILLS WIDESCREEN 17" LAPTOP W7 64bit Oh, and has untimed relaxed. Good vision required or go for the Hints.

I wasn't even going to look at it after the screenshots and peek at the WT, dark areas, teeny objects and maybe more puzzles than HOGs. But, highspeed cable, fast DL give it a shot so looked great filling my screen, 1600x900 more than I can say for MCF7

Maybe adventurers who like the preciseness, order to place and exact spots etc would like to play guessing games with it. But oddly, if they want books put on a table in exactly their chosen spots, why highlight the spots like "over here dummy". May as well leave out the clues and let you put them on the table anywhere. Makes no sense telling you where.
I didn't see much hand holding, and the navigation arrow is now you see it now you don't unless you hover cursor around gently then click fast when it appears.

I had to go to walkthrough too early in this one to figure out why I couldn't pull books from the shelf, appears that you have to have found all items on list before accomplishing other tasks. I needed a Horse, wandered to next room, found one but that wasn't it. Needed hints to find it and a teabag, then could get the books to move. But, like I say, "It LOOKS good". Except for me I'd prefer more HOG and less puzzles to unlock, again the kind random luck. One like so many others I just follow the walkthrough and hints to get through it to see pictures and read the story. So, not much satisfaction there. I like a game with more flow, slow player so don't like hangups, stop yell HELP! Would probably buy it with a punch coupon free just to add to my short list of widescreen W7 games, only 9 so far.

Seems like a quality game tailored for just the right player. Don't think it's me. I feel ready to just go dig out some Mys PI pure hogs and relax.

Go to: