bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Garden Panic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 30, 10 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Post any Garden Panic technical issues here only

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Nov 30, 10 11:28 AM
I don't have any problem playing the game, however several times after receiving all 5 strawberries at the end I did not get any upgrade stars. This is a problem within the programming.

[Post New]by TerriHaute on Nov 30, 10 12:05 PM
So far no issues playing the game, but I find that when I exit in the middle of the game, my progress and player is not saved. I have to start over from the beginning with a new player name and profile and start at level 1 every time I restart the game.
Also, I am not getting any new plants, the only one available is the pea cannon, even though I am adding stars to new plants in the lab. What am I doing wrong?

Also it would be a nice feature to be able to pause the game by hitting the ESC button or clicking outside the window when not using the full screen option.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 1:30:16 PM PST

[Post New]by prop2002 on Nov 30, 10 1:10 PM
im at level 19, have gold in every level and still i can only get peacannon. nothng else. what´s up with that?? how many level do i have to go trough before i can get some of the others ??

[Post New]by cbrad45337 on Nov 30, 10 3:36 PM
TerriHaute wrote:Also, I am not getting any new plants, the only one available is the pea cannon, even though I am adding stars to new plants in the lab. What am I doing wrong?

Me too-how do I access the plants other than the peashooters?

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Nov 30, 10 3:45 PM
prop2002 wrote:im at level 19, have gold in every level and still i can only get peacannon. nothng else. what´s up with that?? how many level do i have to go trough before i can get some of the others ??

Click on it in the lab. You buy them for one star.

[Post New]by Mighty_Muse on Dec 1, 10 9:33 AM
How did any of you get past level 9 with only the pea-shooters?! I've unlocked all of the plants and can't get past that level at all. PS, you should be able to unlock the other plants in the lab, but it doesn't seem to help.

[Post New]by bellnzm on Dec 2, 10 6:19 PM
I have been unable to purchase any plants other than the peashooter as well. I have purchased upgrades in the lab and still nothing!

[Post New]by susanjpullen on Dec 4, 10 11:22 AM
Hi there

You have to click on the grey shadow of the plant to buy it. Then any upgrades you've bought will be enabled. If you haven't bought any upgrades yet, it's best to get the plant first.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by destiny21225 on Dec 5, 10 12:52 AM
ive noticed some kind of glitch. ill get up a couple lvls 7-9 and then ill leave and come back and my saved game is gone. did this to me 3 times.

[Post New]by uncalum on Dec 5, 10 9:07 AM
Starting after level 10 when I get about mid way through each level, the game motion slows down to practically slow-motion. I've tried clicking on the speed x 1 & speed x 2 and that does nothing. I have checked to make sure I don't have anything else running on my computer at the time I play the game to make sure it's not my computer that the problem and it still runs slowly. Took about 30 minutes to get through one level

roguedawg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by roguedawg on Dec 5, 10 12:42 PM
Alao having the same problem with my save games diappearing.... I got to mid level-20's with all perfects TWICE now only to have my profile and save games vanish.
VERY annoying

hrhqoroses
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hrhqoroses on Dec 5, 10 3:43 PM
Uncalum, and to the technical folks:
I too am having this slowing-down problem. It seems to be related to the number of objects/animations on screen. When there are lots of plants + lots of bugs, the game slows dramatically. I've played it on both my Windows XP & Windows Vista machines, and experience the same effect, though one computer is far superior in performance to the other.

Sometimes, when the last of a wave dies off, and there are but a couple of bugs from the next wave, the speed picks up again until more bugs appear on screen...

Hope they can patch this...

Katherine

[Post New]by onthecoast on Dec 6, 10 7:51 AM
FairyonPegasus wrote:I don't have any problem playing the game, however several times after receiving all 5 strawberries at the end I did not get any upgrade stars. This is a problem within the programming.

Spoiler Alert

Sussed this now but it wasn't very clear in the game. More stars are received for reaching experience points targets. I've completed several levels more than once and am still 5 stars short of a full set (93000 points needed). Hopefully, when I get them all I will get extra upgrades for the plants & can beat level 30.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 7:53:26 AM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Dec 6, 10 6:06 PM
When I click recycle and then the tomato plant it just disappears from the screen, but when I click recycle with the other plants I can move them to a new spot.

Is anyone else having this problem??

Several times I needed to restart the level because my tomato plants disappeared when trying to recycle them and then the bugs would become too many to handle.

Hmm.

hrhqoroses
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hrhqoroses on Dec 6, 10 7:12 PM
RainbowElf wrote:When I click recycle and then the tomato plant it just disappears from the screen, but when I click recycle with the other plants I can move them to a new spot.

Is anyone else having this problem??

RainbowElf, you're not having a "problem", you're having a blessing! To my knowledge and my experience, the "Recycle" button deletes plants from the screen, (a quick way of "selling" them back for extra cash at the end of a level). Oh, to be able to MOVE plants around...

Sounds like you have a beneficial glitch!

Katherine

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Dec 7, 10 2:50 AM
I am having the problem the first poster had, that when I replay a level and get gold, the garden map does not update with my new color and level info. Specifically this happened with level 5 and a couple of levels. Some levels update correctly. For but level 5 at least, I got gold more than once and still cannot make my map display this. Other than that, things seem to work. Thanks.

Edit:
I just replayed level 22, in which I got a silver, and since I didn't do so well this time I got a copper medal, which is OK, except that the garden map also downgraded my result to copper. This is the first time I've ever seen that happen (in any game, actually).

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 4:43:40 AM PST

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 10, 10 11:10 AM
The programming for this game is completely messed up. The developers need to issue a fix.

First, they offer two game speeds but on my computer there is no visible difference between speeds.

Second, the plants, especially the tomato plant, completely ignore bugs passing them at times and will target instead the 3rd bug in line, letting number 1 and number 2 bug go by and get to your strawberries.

Third, some of the levels are impossible to finish. I have been stuck on level 23 for over a week now. This is very frustrating. If the tomato plant functioned properly, I would have gotten through this level.

In summary, this game has a great many issues and I think the game manufacturer needs to fix them immediately. This game is very disappointing and frustrating now as it currently stands. I have to wonder if the game manufacturer has any kind of quality control at all to let it be released with so many bugs.

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 11:11:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Thasic on Dec 10, 10 5:13 PM
There seems to be no save game feature. How do I save a game?

[Post New]by ladyofunicorns on Dec 12, 10 10:39 PM
I leave the game and come back and I have to create another username and profile every single time. I really would love to play this game past the 4th level but I can't sit all day and play it.

I hope there will be a fix for this soon. This is ridiculous.

Go to: