[Post New]by gnewburn on Nov 30, 10 7:30 AM
I have all the 5 parts...put in the letters & still nothing..HELP

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:typewriter

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 1:40 PM
Don't feel like the lone ranger gnewburn! I am stuck at the typewriter too - I am looking for a piece of paper... anywhere!! You can't type without paper, right?? However, the Quest list is telling me I still need to fix the typewriter, so besides putting both of the ribbons on (you found the typewriter ribbons in the HOG scene at the front desk, right?) there must be another part missing and/or the paper!

This is no solution but these are things I am hunting for... that doesn't mean I am right about it. LOL

You can always check the walk through they have posted! Go to the main game page and click on Walk through - I am stubbornly not going to use the walk through though!

shadowfax

[Post New]by donnabrightes on Nov 30, 10 1:56 PM
My typewriter has different keys then what I have in the code book.....help?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 2:04 PM
donna,

Hey there!!

When you do the HOG scene at the front desk, there are 4 typewriter keys scattered around the desk area that are not included in the HOG search... you need to find them and pick them up independently of the HOG scene!! Then you go back to the typewriter and put the keys on the blank typewriter buttons on the keyboard. Note that they game will not let you put the keys on the wrong spots, so keep trying each key on each blank button until you have all four of them placed on the keyboard.

I hope that helps you.

ETA: Once again (as I did earlier in the game) I was stuck because of total player idiocy... Make absolute sure you are typing the exact "letters" that are shown in the journal - I was doing one "letter" wrong and that is why I was so stuck!!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 3:45:36 PM PST

[Post New]by donnabrightes on Nov 30, 10 4:21 PM
the last key in the code button then on the typewriter...

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 4:38 PM
donna -

If I understand your question correctly - the last key in the code is the O with a line thru it and is on the upper row, far left of keyboard (like where the Q is on our keyboards).

I hope that is what you are asking!!

shadowfax

[Post New]by donnabrightes on Nov 30, 10 5:39 PM
I finally figured it out......thank for all the help....

[Post New]by donnabrightes on Nov 30, 10 5:39 PM
I finally figured it out......thank for all the help....

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Nov 30, 10 8:43 PM
There are two letters that look almost alike the U you want the one with the tail on the left lower side. At least that was my problem.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 1, 10 11:15 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:donna -

If I understand your question correctly - the last key in the code is the O with a line thru it and is on the upper row, far left of keyboard (like where the Q is on our keyboards).

I hope that is what you are asking!!

shadowfax

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou - I was using the character in the middle that looked more like the one in the graphic and didn't notice the one in the upper left hand corner!!

LADYM408
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by LADYM408 on Dec 6, 10 8:22 PM
Thank you so much. I had all the keys the whole time but was not using the code symbols correctly. I feel really dumb. But thanks everybody for all the help. It was greatly appreciated.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 8:23:40 PM PST

[Post New]by ducklady658 on Oct 21, 12 5:51 PM
Thanks guy's I would have never figured this out, Ya saved me!

Go to: