Not worth it.

[Post New]by conconhead on Nov 30, 10 4:05 PM
I was very let down by this game. The environments are flat. The puzzles are confusing and make no sense- there's not even a 'hint' function to ask what the point of the puzzle is. (Edit: Apparently there is. It was never made known to me while in gameplay, and I shouldn't have to search a 3rd party forum to find it out.)
There just seemed to be no sense to it.
I recommend against this one.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 4:10:36 PM PST

5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Not worth it.

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Dec 4, 10 11:38 PM
hey.. I could'nt agree with you more completely! I bought my first game..13th Skull and was quit satisfied .... On a whim I tried this ... And need I say anything more than an extreme disapointment! As you said... Confusing, Boring, Lack of continuity... ZERO ENTERTAINMENT VALUE !!!!!! Who's The Big Fish now ???? Feel more like a Big Sucker ! I can't believe they posted that garbage...Same Old Same Old... Buyer Beware.... Now I'm Buyer Aware.... At least it only cost me 10 bucks... But shame on them.....more than likely 2 close my account and never visit this site again.... The principle.. are the 6 p's.... Propper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance! And the 7nth.... Post it ! They``ll Probably Pull my dis..Position!Anyway, Lifes 2 short 2 cry about garbage... if its all about Money let thgem take it and pretend they care about entertainment ! They will reap the fruits of theur lack of labour. and labour is not work ! It is what is put forth from the HEART !

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 5, 10 2:15 AM
Don't give up on just one game, there are lots more here and they cater for all tastes. The secret is to read all the reviews in the forums and trial the games before you buy.
Personally, I liked this game and it's on my "to buy" list but I know that there are a lot of people who won't, just as I don't like a lot of the games about which other people rave.
Also, tastes change, I have been a member now for just a year & the games I buy now are quite different to those I first bought and enjoyed at the time.
The beauty of this site is that there are so many games from which to choose, a chance to try for free all but the very large file games and always someone around to help.
I don't know whether you are new to the site or just new to posting but if you are then welcome to the site, stick around and I'm sure you will find plenty you enjoy.
If you are not, then apologies if I am "preaching what you already know"

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 5, 10 2:43 AM
I'm not sure it's not worth it. Beautiful graphics and good story, but i must admit I'm finding it all very tedious BUT I think that's because 13th Skull is a very, very hard act to follow. Should have played them the other way round!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 5, 10 7:24 AM
As Belladonna32 mentined, different players like different games. Big Fish Games carries a very wide variety, so it's always a good idea to try the free trial first. 60 minutes of gameplay is usually enough to let you know if it's a game that will appeal to you.

With regard to those who found the game confusing, this game has a multilayered HINT system with many different kinds of hints that can keep you movnig forward. You might want to look at the post on "How the HINT System works in this game" that's posted near the top of the forum.

Good luck!
Robin

5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Dec 5, 10 3:37 PM
I'm still here ! Got the Sherlock Holmes ,,Hounds of the Baskerville... Itz actually quit good ! Which brings me back 2 thiz Hound DOG ! Try Salem and try 2 navigate with the map...Sure glad I have Tom Tom 4 the real world. Cuzz the 1 provided here is a total Dis **** ter ! Anyway you guyz can't change my mind ,,, Garbage is garbage.... You can take it out but.. it still stinks after itz gone.......... New Game ????????? AIRWICH ! ....lol

Go to: