CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

Hidden mysteries, Salem Secrets

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Nov 30, 10 4:26 PM
I seem to have all I need to light the stove in the sawmill but can not put firewood in the stove!! Have firewood, matches & bucket of soot. The stovepipe is in place. Am I missing something.???

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

Re:Hidden mysteries, Salem Secrets

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Nov 30, 10 4:30 PM
I just clicked on it. The order I put them in is paper, candle, firewood. Don't know if that makes a difference.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Nov 30, 10 4:35 PM
Thanks Kelvy; didn't notice anything about paper& candle!! Will check it out again in the morning, so confused just now, have to sleep on it!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 30, 10 4:48 PM
Hey cynthia, try it this way...

Put the stovepipe on the stove first, then put the firewood into the stove, then light the firewood with a match, then put the bucket of soot on the fire.

Make sure you have the axe with the firewood. That is essential. For some reason, you must have the wood/axe combination. If you don't, you'll have to go back and get the axe.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 4:50:11 PM PST

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Nov 30, 10 5:02 PM
and if that doesn't work...back track............all as to be in order.....

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 30, 10 5:09 PM
Hi CYNTHIA and thanks for the great help everyone!

I wanted to also send over a link to the Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets walkthrough, which can be found at the top of the game's Forum page or by clicking here.

I'm also going to move this thread over to the Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets Forum so that any Fishies swimming through the full game Forum don't miss out on finding your comments and being able to add input. But not to worry, this thread will stay visible in the Chit-Chat Corner as well so that anyone staying just in the Chit-Chat corner can also help.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Dec 1, 10 4:29 PM
Thanks for the help. When I backtracked I realized I had NOT picked up the logs near the Sawmill!! That's what I get for trying to play games late at night when I am tired!!! Enjoying the game. I am now looking for 4th girl and being more careful about finding things!!

[Post New]by lickinriver on Dec 2, 10 11:13 AM
I NEED TO OPEN A DOOR WITH A OBJECT AND CANT FIND IT AND ONE WITH OUT A DOOR KNOB

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 3, 10 8:37 AM
lickinriver wrote: I NEED TO OPEN A DOOR WITH A OBJECT AND CANT FIND IT AND ONE WITH OUT A DOOR KNOB

Probably the best thing is to check the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions for each chapter including marked screenshots, so it should help.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/hidden-mysteries-salem-secrets-walkthrough/

Good luck!
Robin

REDRAM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by REDRAM on Jan 10, 12 11:58 AM
I completed this game it took me two days and the walkthrough helped me alot i had to keep ending the game and reading the walkthrough but eventually got there and rescued all four of the girls and managed to speak to the witch at the end great

[Post New]by writermom2 on Mar 26, 12 9:41 PM
I picked up the stove pipe when I entered the mine earlier in the game, but now that I need it to fix the stove so I can light it, the pipe is not in my inventory. I went back to the mine to find it again, but there is nothing there for me anymore. How do I recover something that disappeared from my inventory?

Go to: