bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

New version available for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium - December 1st 2010

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 1, 10 3:01 AM
We have a new version of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Game not starting
-Poor performance issues

We apologize greatly for the trouble and really appreciate your patience.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

Please note: if you are receiving the message that a game is already running, please restart your PC before uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:New version available for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium - December 1st 2010

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 1, 10 3:46 AM
Oh thanks so much, I have been waiting to buy this game since I first demoed the CE version. Waited for the SE and then found some people were having problems so decided to wait some more. Will definitely be buying now!
It looks a great game

Re:New version available for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium - December 1st 2010

[Post New]by baskers on Dec 1, 10 3:47 AM
if you uninstall an re-install do you lose your progress?

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Dec 1, 10 3:55 AM
Yes ywill lose any progress, according to the email I got from customer service.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Dec 1, 10 4:25 AM
I just installed and played the game for a few min. Install went fine, did the 1st hog scene (some items hard to find) used hint, worked fine, curser worked fine, not slow or sluggish, signed completely out and was able to get back into game without a problem.

It seems that the updated version has fixed the problems that everyone was having. I run off of Windows 7 premium Home version.

Keep in mind that you will lose any progress that you did on your first installation, however I did notice that there were a few different items I had to find in the trunk that I did not have to find the first time.

I wanted to post asap, so I only played for a few min, if I run into any other problems later in the game I will update.

Have a great day everyone.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 10 4:57 AM
sunnyrocks wrote:I just installed and played the game for a few min. Install went fine, did the 1st hog scene (some items hard to find) used hint, worked fine, curser worked fine, not slow or sluggish, signed completely out and was able to get back into game without a problem.

It seems that the updated version has fixed the problems that everyone was having. I run off of Windows 7 premium Home version.

Grrr... I only have 4 minutes playtime left on my demo now. There was nothing wrong with my game but I also couldn´t get back in once I left the game. (Also use Windows 7). So I hope that those 4 minutes I have left are enough to check out the game and make sure it works for me too.

Additional Phew... made it. LOL Raced in and raced out and raced back in again. And it works now. Great!!

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 5:00:25 AM PST

VestasMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by VestasMom on Dec 1, 10 5:17 AM
Uninstalled the original version, downloaded the new version and so far, so good. Running Windows 7 Home Premium here too. Thanks for the new version. I downloaded the original game to the computer running XP yesterday and there were no problems.

[Post New]by Lottsacats on Dec 1, 10 6:29 AM
The game works just fine now! Many thanks!!

[Post New]by ladysarajane on Dec 1, 10 7:44 AM
Thank you! The new version works great. I am running Windows XP

[Post New]by mariebe on Dec 1, 10 7:59 AM
Thank from Belgium

I play with very pleasure MCl

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 1, 10 9:28 AM
Downloading now....hope this fixes it!

[Post New]by Jbooklover on Dec 1, 10 10:18 AM
YAY!!! I'm going to download now. I hope this fixes it. I really want to play this game. Thanks Big Fish!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 1, 10 11:38 AM
I uninstalled and downloaded 3 times and I still get the old version with my progress intack. Same slow game play. How can I fix this. The live chat guy didn't help at all.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Dec 1, 10 1:23 PM
I uninstalled & then reinstalled and the game loaded!! You guys are awesome! You really give great customer service! Big Fish rules!!!

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Dec 1, 10 1:41 PM
gaylele wrote:Click on: Start, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View (make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked), Apply, Okay, "User Name" Folder, AppData Folder, Roaming Folder, ERS Game Studios Folder, Haunted Halls Folder, Beta Folder, delete Log HTML file.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and so far everything is working......

My laptop is on Window 7 also. Followed above instructions and was able to get the game to continue, had to do this 3 times to finish the game. Too bad this new version came out 1 day after i finished. Loaded new version and worked fine right away.

BF why did this happen? Usually your games going from CE to NE do not have such bugs.

[Post New]by sunspeed81 on Dec 1, 10 1:46 PM
Great, the new version runs fine. Almost completed it this afternoon but stuck on the last last little bit. Will finish off tomorrow

No problems with it running or reloading, a nice relaxing game that will keep you interested and your memory in good shape.

Well done to Bigfish for their feedback and quick action to correct the problem.

Running windows XP.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 1:47:30 PM PST

[Post New]by fern17 on Dec 1, 10 3:22 PM
The new version works really great. Thank you so much for fixing the promble so fast. Love the game.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 1, 10 3:29 PM
moesart wrote:I uninstalled and downloaded 3 times and I still get the old version with my progress intack. Same slow game play. How can I fix this. The live chat guy didn't help at all.

You probably need to delete your old profile and set up a new one - I had to do this with another game with which I had problems but once i had the new profile it worked perfectly. You will have to start again from the beginning though.
Worth a try - hope it helps

[Post New]by Kristin914 on Dec 1, 10 6:37 PM
Thank you! This was my first purchase from BigFish so I was a bit nervous about continuing my membership. The uninstall and reinstall worked perfect and the game is great!

[Post New]by sunspeed81 on Dec 2, 10 1:30 AM
Game completed. There are some great graphics in this....Now what do i buy?

Go to: