bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 1, 10 11:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Dec 1, 10 12:22 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I deleted the old file and download the new game. This time instead of starting me over, it took me to where I left off in the trial version of the CE. Am able to play just fine now. Thank you guys.

ee_99
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by ee_99 on Dec 1, 10 2:47 PM
reinstalling game works - thanks

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Dec 2, 10 9:06 AM
Well it works, BUT like the others it took me right back to where I ended in the CE, I got to play 6 minutes and then was told I was at the end of the trial thank you. So I have 50+ minutes that are of no use to me, unless I want to create a new name and start over.
The music still drives me nuts since it is Puppetville music, why they couldn't come up with new music for this one is head shakingly wrong.

[Post New]by billyage1 on Dec 2, 10 10:48 AM
I wrote 3 days ago about not being able to play ANY of my purchased games and still have not heard anything from anyone at BFGs. I bought Haunted Halls:Green Hills Sanitarium last Fri. or Sat.. Anyway, I played the game for many hours until I got stuck at a certain point- I then quit the game or exited and went to the forums to see if there was a walk-thru available. There was one so I went to that, I found out how to proceed in the game but when I tried to get back into the game it just keeps saying that I have a game running and that I should close that first! Well, I have NO games open and still cannot get into ANY of my games now!! I have tried everything and nothing works!! I even had my husband.- who knows alot more about computers than I do - and he agrees that I have nothing open and cannot figure out why I cannot get into ANYTHING now!!! I would really appreciate some kind of response about this as I would really like to play the games I have purchased, especially the MCF ce game that I bought the day before I bought this game!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks, billyage1

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 2, 10 11:11 AM
Hey billyage1,

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Support via Live Chat. It provides real-time support and can be accessed through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager to see if this helps. Here is a help article that provides those steps:

Game Manager

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Dec 2, 10 7:07 PM
Why are there only 5 posts in this section. I know over the weekend there were way more technical issues including mine. Did they lock and restart a new section? Just wondering?[b]

[Post New]by crowcrone on Dec 3, 10 12:03 PM
Had the same floating cursor, lethargy problems as everyone else, downloaded and BOUGHT the fixed version and was doing just fine until it suddenly crashed the computer. Re-booted and returned to the game only to be told that it was a corrupt file and all play to that point - almost the end - was lost. Now I have to start over and not sure I have the heart, so disappointed

[Post New]by Bigdad7515 on Dec 4, 10 10:20 AM
I have the same problem as billyage1 But I do not want to have to start all over again.

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Dec 6, 10 4:39 AM
crowcrone wrote:Had the same floating cursor, lethargy problems as everyone else, downloaded and BOUGHT the fixed version and was doing just fine until it suddenly crashed the computer. Re-booted and returned to the game only to be told that it was a corrupt file and all play to that point - almost the end - was lost. Now I have to start over and not sure I have the heart, so disappointed

Same problem in this household. I got the lag times and he got the profile issue. We didn't get far though. Only to the web puzzle, but still. I just hate having to stop and restart a game because of glitches. Especially if the lag time isn't fixed from what I am reading from other users who have dl'd new version.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Dec 6, 10 5:56 PM
I had no problems with the demo for the CE version. Unfortunately I can't get this version to work. I first tried it on my brand spankin' new notebook that runs Windows 7. Game was so slow I couldn't play it. I didn't have the CE version on the notebook either. I had to delete it. I then tried it on my computer that runs XP. Again, extremely slow and then the cursor went wacky and I had to shut down the computer twice. I'm deleting it. Not worth the trouble,

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Dec 8, 10 10:02 PM
I had billyage's issue too. The only difference is when it finished downloading and activating, I tried to open it and it never did so I never got to play at all. I can't uninstall or redownload it because the computer thinks the game's still running. I hope they can fix this. I really wanted to play this and would rather have it fixed than get my money back if at all possible. Strange but true

[Post New]by Meredith2010 on Dec 10, 10 4:18 AM
Help! Every time I click on "Options", then click on "Full Screen", I get a message saying that "the game cannot be switched to windows mode because your screen resolution is not supported."

Then, I get another message on my laptop screen saying that the optimal resolution for primary display device is 1366X768. That is EXACTLY how my screen resolution is set. I am running Windows 7 on a Lenovo.

I have talked to Lenovo and they ran all sorts of tests and said it was a problem with the game.

Please help! I get stuck, have to exit the game, launch the walkthrough, find the solution, then go back to the game and try to figure it out.

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Dec 11, 10 11:04 AM
I am having problems with the words, which are not clear. Since I couldn't read what I was supposed to be looking for, I exited full screen and in window mode they became plain for a while, then the same happened again. I have played 45 minutes of the demo and it would have been a definite buy for me, but not now

I haven't noticed anyone else having this issue, surely it can't just be on my game?

eienmomo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eienmomo on Dec 12, 10 2:05 PM
I waited anxiously for the SE of this game to come out so I can demo it (I don't demo the CE because I don't buy those for $ reasons). I just tried to play the game today and it took better part of 5 mins just to be able to go from the main screen to the actual game start. That's never a good sign for me. I hung in there though and waited and waited...after the initial cut screen, things seemed to go ok so far. But after I entered the gate in the first scene, if I picked up an item for invetory, it would "float" slowly and I wasn't able to do anything until it went in. I gave up then and there. My Adobe and Shocwaves, etc are all updated, cache cleared and whatnot. All in all, I'm highly disappointed. Seemed like it would be a cool game. Maybe a new version will surface soon.

[Post New]by LadyFF_EMT_08 on Dec 12, 10 2:17 PM
So how do I go forward in the game because I can't get the medallion to go back into my inventory. Started over 4 times and wasted a credit getting the guide. What a waste of time. I sure an not going to pay for the game so I can have the collectors edition.

[Post New]by evdawn on Dec 15, 10 9:54 AM
i cant even get past smoking the beehive at the very beginning of the game. when i lay the branches on the fire, the whole game freezes every time.

Suzq1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Suzq1 on Dec 18, 10 10:20 AM
I cannot retrieve the keyboard to give to patient. I can see the keyboard but it is not on the search list and cannot be retrieved. I have completed everything up to giving him the keyboard. I a m stuck and can't finish the game. I have retrieved all tokens but the one from patient 9. What do I do now. please?

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 3:15:19 PM PST

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Jan 4, 11 3:11 PM
I am having terrible problems with the game. It's SO SLOW at times. Even the inventory is so slow just trying to find an item to use. I'm so discouraged with it that I'm ready to give up. It's no fun having to wait to get into a room or to another site, when in other games that seem just as complex, if not more, I can get around just fine. Should I reinstall this game or cut my losses?

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Jan 17, 11 9:33 AM
Was able to play the demo (reg ed) just fine, then I bought it and now everytime I open it the program shuts down and says it is not responding correctly. I just uninstalled and am reinstalling...hope this solves the issue.

Go to: