bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 2, 10 1:36 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:The Mac version of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by TrixxieT on Dec 2, 10 12:10 PM
There's something wrong with the game. In the subway chapter, every time the 'arrow' towards the soda machine is clicked on to move forward, the game shuts down. Has anyone else run into this problem yet?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 2, 10 12:16 PM
No problem with soda machine in the PC version. I was able to play to the very end with no game failure.

[Post New]by TrixxieT on Dec 2, 10 4:26 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still the same problem. Hopefully Big Fish will have a fix soon.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 2, 10 5:18 PM
Trixxie, I'm having the same problem on my Mac. : (

esvans
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by esvans on Dec 2, 10 5:30 PM
Hi Fishies :
yes, same problem here : Mac, CE, same scene, same crash.
wrote to CS and hope for fix ...

[Post New]by kimburns on Dec 2, 10 6:02 PM
frustrated! can't get past the soda machine either. grrrrr I like the game too

[Post New]by morgandogs on Dec 2, 10 7:34 PM
Ditto, crashes every time I click on Soda machine

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 2, 10 8:10 PM
Add me to the list. Same thing -- click to go toward the soda machine and it's over. Too bad since this game was quite a bit of fun up until then. I suspect there will be more of us. I will report to customer support as well.

24" 1Mac
OS 10.6.5
4GB Memory

Just want to add, my good time will be totally thwarted if I have to restart the game as was necessary with Redemption. Enjoyment or not, most times once around is quite enough. Redemption, by the way, had extras that did not work for me -- neither the wall papers nor the screen saver would install. Same with both Poe games (others also had that issue with the Poe games). And now another CE I bought today to play today -- not 5 weeks from now. I happen to appreciate the artwork and enjoy the eall papers, but I buy the CEs for the extra play time as well. Still and all, it's getting really annoying to spend the extra money just to be frustrated.

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 8:38:33 PM PST

[Post New]by Chicagrl8 on Dec 2, 10 8:52 PM
Yup, same problem here too. My mac version crashes in the subway station when I press the up arrow toward the soda machine. Really frustrating. This happens more often than I like in these CE games. I love them, but it is incredibly annoying when I am in the midst of playing, and all of a sudden - CRASH!! I get really into it and then I'm thwarted. Grrrr... When will there be a fix? Hopefully sooner than Redemption Cemetery...

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 2, 10 10:22 PM
Install got stuck on "Saving File". I know it's a large file, but it shouldn't take an hour. Deleted from Mac. Will wait for SE.

Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Dec 3, 10 4:43 AM
I have the same problem, the game quits when i click on the subwaytrain. It's really frustrating to pay for the game, and twenty minuters later it goes fabang on me...anyone know if this problem will be fixed, or if I should just give up hope?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 3, 10 10:10 AM
It took 5 days for a new version to be released after the PC players posted their issues. They posted many issues. Granted you gave the same "try this" advice, but funny how a new version just appeared.

We have one issue -- it occurs well into the second half of the game. The exact same one issue reported by 20+ people now. And only that many because the game is just one day old for us.

This is NOT an issue of updating software and individual Mac configurations. This is a game issue or a game vs. Mac OS issue, but the game should not continue to be on sale when it is clearly broken.

5 days for the PC fix -- just thought I would mention that again.

Edit -- 2 days for the Mac update -- Thank you, thank you for hearing us!!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 3:29:37 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Dec 3, 10 3:13 PM
So glad I decided to check the forum before buying the game. I read about all the issues PC players experienced back in Oct. I certainly didn't expect to find the same issues occurring - a month later - in the MAC version.

Thanks , I will sit this game out.

esvans
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by esvans on Dec 4, 10 1:41 PM
well ...
- reported to CS on december 2nd,
- got reply on december 3rd, including : an update would show up in my game manager
- update showed up in game manager today ( dec 4th ) but has been 'downloading' for 6 hours now .....
* instead of a fix, it seems I have a new problem ....
- reported to CS ... waiting for reply

anyone got a tip here ??

Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Dec 5, 10 3:25 AM
I got the update, it took å good ten minutes to download, but after that the game worked just perfect, and I finished it last night. Really good game

Go to: