Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Todays Daily Deal - 02.12.2010

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 2, 10 4:17 AM
What do you think about the game? Please post comments or reviews.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Todays Daily Deal - 02.12.2010

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 2, 10 5:33 AM
I read through the limited old post and most people were having problems with this game. A few of the comments were just a few months old. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do the trial.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 2, 10 7:12 AM
Hi fishies -I just finished the trial and did not have any technical issues as described by the older posts. You have to set up your players name first and I believe this will save the game. I should have gone out and come back in to check this but didn't think about it until after the trial was over.

I found the game to be a little boring for several reasons. I made it through level 10 but nothing ever changed about what I had to do. Seat people, take orders, make coffee, serve it and wash dishes - then the cycle starts over again. I found the levels to be too long but I guess when all you serve is coffee, you have to serve a huge amount of folks to make money. LOL

I don't ever play games with the music on so cannot speak to it's enjoyment. I didn't like the way the tables blink all the time. As soon as you seat someone the table starts blinking - very annoying. Also, when I hit the coffee buzz in the lower right of the screen it is only good for a few task to speed her up. I have to constantly click on it to keep her moving faster. The game also does not allow me choose what upgrades are done to the coffee shop. When enough money is earned, it upgrades itself.

The game is only $2.99 so I guess it's ok to pass the time but I haven't decided if I want to buy. It just didn't find it that interesting. Perhaps something different will happen as you get into higher levels.

out of 5 from me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 2, 10 9:52 AM
I didn't find this game to be a bargain even at $2.99. It appears to be an old game, and much better ones are certainly out there. All you do is take orders for coffee, serve, wash dishes and repeat. Quite boring actually. I always mute the music, so I don't know what it's like. The looks on the characters face are all the same. The server looks like she is poisioning the coffee with that look. I wouldn't even take up the computer space if the game were free.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 2, 10 11:08 AM
I decided to purchase but it was a mistake. After I bought the game I started getting those access errors that the other users talked about. It happened on level 11 twice and then the game played through and now it has happened on level 12.

Cookies have been added to the cafe but they are only for people who are mad. Nothing else going on so far. Will have to get my money back if the access errors aren't corrected.

I have Windows 7 and a new IBM computer - I do not have problems with other games.

kna123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kna123 on Dec 2, 10 6:04 PM
I love time management games. So despite the luke warm reviews, I thought I'd give the demo a try. I ended up quitting mid-way through the 4th level. I was bored already.

The game has the appearance of wanting to be like a diner dash type game (which I love). Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any real chances for strategy. As others have noted it really is the same - seat people, take order, click on coffee pot, pick up coffee, serve people, take money, wash dishes. I didn't notice a way to improve scores nor did I see any difference in goals. Not having the opportunity to choose upgrades was a little disappointing as well.

I did leave sound on and I found the music monotonous and at times, somewhat irritating.

For me, I'm going to say that this is not a buy.

Go to: