Senior Citizens sign in!!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 5, 17 8:14 AM
Actually, if its going to be a Halloween themed event I think they should start it the Friday before and let it end on Wednesday the 1st of November. Just a suggestion.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 5, 17 12:07 PM
Just popping in to say thanks to those who have been saving details on resources to build the monuments and sending pm to me and Grampa, the list is growing all the time!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 5, 17 7:53 PM
I want to second Trav's comment and personally thank those who have been PMing me: Marie1931 "merci'", lawaters thanks, jessara thank you, and rrrrob you rock! And I almost forgot fish, thank you!

lawaters
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Oct 5, 17 8:52 PM
GamingGrampa wrote:I want to second Trav's comment and personally thank those who have been PMing me: Marie1931 "merci'", lawaters thanks, jessara thank you, and rrrrob you rock! And I almost forgot fish, thank you!

I'm happy to help. Big big thanks to you and Trav3lbird for compiling so much helpful info for everyone.

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Oct 6, 17 2:08 PM
Monsterville has popped up on my iPad.
The grafics are really cool and yellow pumpkins are in play from level 4.
It will remain open for over 25 days.

keitht53
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 6, 17 2:13 PM
No Monsterville on Android yet.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Oct 6, 17 2:46 PM
I have it on Android. Ohhh, I just love those cats!!!

And... surprise, day 19 and 25 coins.

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 3:03:33 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 6, 17 8:50 PM
Is it just me, or does that car that we arrive in look like the car from "The Munsters", it was on tv when I was a teenager in the 60s! And Sam really looks cute in that witch costume!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,272 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 7, 17 5:14 AM
I agree, GamingGrampa, on both counts!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 7, 17 10:47 AM
Latest update you now get a big sign saying “it’s a timed level” which is welcome as I had been missing the earlier signs and only,noticing when a plus time sign showed up. Having to reload the cities yet again is a right pain though!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,272 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 7, 17 11:12 AM
And why does it take so very long to load a city? Grumble grumble grumble....

With the monsterville release you get a large warning about ticking bomb gummies too, while the board loads.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 7, 17 5:52 PM
Not sure what the problem is with loading cities, I own a stopwatch and after the monsterville update I timed all of mine, Sydney through Shanghai clocked each one at 5.7 seconds on my iPad.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Oct 7, 17 6:26 PM
Wow! Much longer for me on kindle. Haven't timed it, but for sure not that fast. I usually start the update and go do something else for a few minutes.

I would say it took around 20 minutes for 15 cities?

Fish

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,272 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 7, 17 6:26 PM
I doubt GD was written in Unity, but if it were, when animations change most of the time you have to release a new scene file, and there would be a separate one for each city. And scene files are large so they take a while to download. If it is just wording changes or number of seconds for a timed level, number of blue hats for a level, etc, the way I would create the game that would be a streaming asset that could be downloaded quickly. This release added bats flying around to all the cities.

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 6:28:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Oct 8, 17 2:05 AM
Since newest update, after exchanging each set of resources for coins, the resource centre jumps back to the start to buying resources.
This new change has caught me out two mornings in a row.
I've ended up exchanging coins for resources in Istanbul which I don't want.
I better be more alert tomorrow!
Apologies if this sounds garbled but can't word it any better.
Anyone else noticed this change?

keitht53
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 8, 17 5:29 AM
I now have Monsterville. Odd though that it didn't download automatically as every other update has. I had to go to the Play Store and tell it to download.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 8, 17 7:25 AM
Hi Jackie, if I remember correctly the resource mart was changed in the infamous September 5th update, I went through our thread from that period and saw a number of complaints about hitting the buy resources accidentally, I've tripped over that a few times.

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Oct 8, 17 8:30 AM
Jollyjackie. Yep, I too have accidentally purchased resources, more than once, while redeeming the daily resource offerings. The screen movement is definitely annoying. Best we really stay on our toes.

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Oct 8, 17 10:25 AM
Thanks GamingGrampa and Kailuaauntie I really appreciate your replies.
I had gotten used to the September update and daily was carefull to scroll past the drill to recoup some coins.
After last update this was tweaked again. So now when I sell ie bricks, coins are allotted. Before I can sell hats or pinks it's back at the start, the buying of resources.
So either all of you have had this happen since September, or both me and my iPad are in the twilight zone!
I thought I was confused before new updates but now I'm totally addled!!

keitht53
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Oct 8, 17 10:37 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Not sure what the problem is with loading cities, I own a stopwatch and after the monsterville update I timed all of mine, Sydney through Shanghai clocked each one at 5.7 seconds on my iPad.

Time to download is going to depend on network speed. Typically takes 15 to 30 seconds per city for me to download. It wouldn't be so bad if they provided an option to download all cities and have it run in the background whilst playing.

Go to: