Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by second_childhood on Apr 2, 16 11:31 PM
ozziebasia wrote:
sadie700 wrote:Annelliegram

If you think you are pulling your hair out on level 17 with no inventory, wait until you get to 29. I think I posted about it up there somewhere. Ugh! Still haven't done it, in fact I haven't even been back to it since then.

Cindy Crusader Cat and Apollo and Barb

I am with you, I am unable to understand why, and at this point, I don't think it even matters any more. Spring may not get me going again now. I think someone has killed the Heart of the Midnight Castle.

Me too... been away for a while, hoped it would better. The new update - send an inventory item to a friend for 30 coins - nice, but still costs twice as much as before the change in the HOS drop rate. We're not alone - same frustration everywhere on the internet.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Apr 3, 16 12:44 AM

We're not alone - same frustration everywhere on the internet.

Well, not everywhere. Many of us are playing the game and enjoying it.

Playing the game as it is right now works just fine in accomplishing many Daily Quests and side quests which all works towards achievements, not to mention gathering coins and diamonds along the way.

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Apr 3, 16 1:15 AM
second_childhood wrote:

Me too... been away for a while, hoped it would better. The new update - send an inventory item to a friend for 30 coins - nice, but still costs twice as much as before the change in the HOS drop rate. We're not alone - same frustration everywhere on the internet.

We're DEFINITELY not alone second_childhood !!!
I also see the frustration everywhere on the internet and among my friends.
And even if some say the opposite, trying so hard to convince themselves or us, it's a fact!

....but I'm happy for those who are still playing the game and enjoying it.....soooooo.... have fun ....enough for all of us!!!

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 1:48:12 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Apr 3, 16 9:30 AM
napoeon wrote:
second_childhood wrote:

We're DEFINITELY not alone second_childhood !!!
I also see the frustration everywhere on the internet and among my friends.
And even if some say the opposite, trying so hard to convince themselves or us, it's a fact!

....but I'm happy for those who are still playing the game and enjoying it.....soooooo.... have fun ....enough for all of us!!!

Napeon, I have been keeping track, and have noticed only a handful of dissenters. It may seem like more, but it appears to be because of multiple posts. I too went to the other websites, and the concensus of opinion is what the majority here feels....the game is no longer fun, or equitable to players in any way shape or form. I am not playing, many of my friends are not playing, I get PMs every day from friends who are unhappy and wonder why they persist on holding out hope that things will change for the better as there has not been any sign of it. I still have many friends "on break". I think all of this speaks for itself. Not everyone will ever agree, but I've seen enough to know that the "unhappy" far outweigh the "happy". I personally feel the game has been totally changed from what we once knew and loved, and not for the better. It's been stripped of all the fun, IMO.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 3, 16 12:17 PM
Did the entire game... a whopping ten useful items, zero unique stamps, and zero gift boxes... Did I mention I hate the 1/20 update?... If not, I hate the 1/20 update... Just in case, anyone thought my silence was my getting "used" to the idea... I'm NEVER going to get used to the idea.. ... At least when I did the rounds looking for gift boxes or unique stamps, I came away with much needed inventory.... leaving with basically nothing worth while... a thrill a minute... not

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Apr 3, 16 12:38 PM
gohill wrote:Did the entire game... a whopping ten useful items, zero unique stamps, and zero gift boxes... Did I mention I hate the 1/20 update?... If not, I hate the 1/20 update... Just in case, anyone thought my silence was my getting "used" to the idea... I'm NEVER going to get used to the idea.. ... At least when I did the rounds looking for gift boxes or unique stamps, I came away with much needed inventory.... leaving with basically nothing worth while... a thrill a minute... not

At least you can do an entire round.......Have tried for two days to do one and each time after 5 coins or 5 shards I run out in disgust. Think Thursday was the only time I did a complete one and afterwards I was so frustrated that I did some laundry which has become much more rewarding.

Oh fiddlesticks and soon to be sailing off for good if things don't change.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Apr 3, 16 1:36 PM
I am wondering if there is a problem in communication or something somewhere. It seems that most of the posts I see are not in favor of the "New Improved Midnight Castle". While there are a few posts where some like it. It is fine to like something that someone else dislikes. I have no problem with that. Someone once posted "try it, you'll like it" or something to that effect. I have tried it. I tried to adapt. Then I just gave up and gave away all of the "good" items that I have gotten. I am still giving them away. I can not see a reason not to give them away, according to the "new" game, I can't keep my inventory or I won't get any more. (I know, because I tried) Now there are platform problems, our Spring has Sproinnged (broken) and things still are not working properly. It seems that the downgrade has broken many things that were not broken before.

I have heard the phrase that says "if a business wants to keep it's customers, it listens to them and keeps them happy". That apparently does not apply here. I wonder if anyone has heard the phrase, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!?

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Apr 3, 16 1:51 PM
maybe the Devs should just go back to use the PC players as Beta testers as they always did before so they can use our infos to avoid all the problems with the other platforms

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Apr 3, 16 2:04 PM
gernespieler wrote:maybe the Devs should just go back to use the PC players as Beta testers as they always did before so they can use our infos to avoid all the problems with the other platforms

That would require logic!!!! and there is none

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Apr 3, 16 2:07 PM

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Apr 3, 16 2:15 PM
Going in my corner now, don't want to get in trouble by saying anything more.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Apr 3, 16 5:49 PM
Personally, in my own honest opinion, someone came up with a brilliant (?) idea and said, "Hey guys, let's do this, that will really mess them up!". And so they did. And so it did. Now, windows 10 is messed up (still), ios is messed up, android is messed up. Gee, I guess they really fixed it!!! Ya gotta love those sweet people with bright ideas!

[Post New]by second_childhood on Apr 4, 16 12:10 AM
siberlene wrote:

We're not alone - same frustration everywhere on the internet.

Well, not everywhere. Many of us are playing the game and enjoying it.

Playing the game as it is right now works just fine in accomplishing many Daily Quests and side quests which all works towards achievements, not to mention gathering coins and diamonds along the way.

The frustration is everywhere and if I put some of the examples here, they would be deleted as they violate forum rules. We could put it to a vote, but the petition thread was closed.

For those players who enjoy the changes, I'm envious, yet happy for them.

But I don't enjoy playing for five minutes to get the three inventory items for a character quest, then waiting an hour before I can return to get the same three items again. I don't enjoy finishing one leg of the side quests by getting a torch and having the next leg ask me to go to the crypt again. Yes, the character quests and the side quests can be co-ordinated, but not as often as you might think - especially in levels above 30 and before the blue quests.

Before the change, you could have a couple of extra inventory items and play longer before spending your diamonds. And to rehash the obvious, the rewards are less.

Again, to those who enjoy playing with the changes, I (and others on this board) am pleased you haven't lost the joy of the Castle.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Apr 4, 16 2:38 AM
OK... Now I've got a beef....

Who was it that said the Find Button was fixed? Well... I got news for ya... IT AIN"T FIXED!!!

I'm doing a quest for Annabel in my second game. She is sending me to the Iron Chest which needs two Murderer's Eyes... fine and dandy. I've been following that D**N Find Path for three hours now, and what do I get from the Crypt... a Murderer's Eye? Oh, H**L NO... I've gotten three torches instead, which I don't need for this Quest! So the Find Button IS NOT FIXED! Thank You...

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

BTW... I play on PC

And I still want my Inventory BACK!

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 2:39:04 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 4, 16 8:41 AM
Ditto, Apollo! The find does NOT work! In fact, if I need an item for a character quest, I am guaranteed not to get it from the HOS. I have tracked this over the last week & it is completely consistent. I will get coins, a shard, or maybe some other item, but not ONCE in the past week have I actually gotten the inventory item I need at that moment. I have only been able to complete quests through the generosity of my friends. (Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my wonderful friends!!!)

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 4, 16 10:25 AM
The find path is also not working for the Daily Quests. Currently, I'm to get something from the Burnt Tree, the Birdcage, & Harp in Blossoms. The Crypt did not give me a Torch, the Well did not give me a Shard of Soul, & the Belfry did not give me a Polestar. So the "explanation" that you're getting what you need for the daily quest at the expense of the character quest does not hold water. I'm not getting what I need for ANY quest, unless a friend helps me out.
Then, as a final, cruel jab, after I don't need it anymore, maybe a couple rounds later, THEN I'll get what I needed earlier.

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Apr 4, 16 10:44 AM
Before you read on, please know that I'm not saying this is a good idea, just a thought.

It just occurred to me that maybe instead of fixing the DQ find path that it might be more helpful to fix the ZZ find path. That way whatever quest you're working on you are guaranteed the item that you need. This would make the game infinitely easier (too easy probably) and there would be great potential for abuse (maybe not the right word, just meaning that a player could stock up on everything easily).

Now that I think about it, I've never understood why the ZZ find path doesn't work. At the beginning of the game it was quite confusing that hitting find in search of a Murderer's Eye would for some reason give me a Burning Torch instead. I suppose I eventually just accepted it as part of the game.

This would technically bring back the item drop in a roundabout way. Sure you'd have to visit the ZZ first to use the find path for whatever scene you wanted, but at least you'd get an item as opposed to a shard or fifteen coins.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 4, 16 11:32 AM
I can now understand why the "find" button in the Daily Quests was disabled....it conflicts with Character Quests as the game seems to rate them the same....If I have a DQ asking for a Torch, and a Character Quest asking for a Murderer's Eye, I am likely to get either from the Crypt....

When they "fixed" the DQ find button, it just messed up the reliability of getting what you wanted/needed from a Character Quest.

The solution to me would be --- REMOVE the find button from the DQ and publish it in the game when DQ's come available that you will not necessarily get what you want/need when doing a DQ, so you need to have that inventory item in stock to proceed.

THEN --- GIVE US BACK OUR INVENTORY!!!!!!!! So we can do the rounds, build up that inventory, do the DQs from that built up inventory, and actually also do the Side Quests that ALSO request inventory we no longer have.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Apr 4, 16 3:55 PM
Brave_Gemini wrote:Before you read on, please know that I'm not saying this is a good idea, just a thought.

It just occurred to me that maybe instead of fixing the DQ find path that it might be more helpful to fix the ZZ find path. That way whatever quest you're working on you are guaranteed the item that you need. This would make the game infinitely easier (too easy probably) and there would be great potential for abuse (maybe not the right word, just meaning that a player could stock up on everything easily).

Now that I think about it, I've never understood why the ZZ find path doesn't work. At the beginning of the game it was quite confusing that hitting find in search of a Murderer's Eye would for some reason give me a Burning Torch instead. I suppose I eventually just accepted it as part of the game.

This would technically bring back the item drop in a roundabout way. Sure you'd have to visit the ZZ first to use the find path for whatever scene you wanted, but at least you'd get an item as opposed to a shard or fifteen coins.

Gemini.... I understand what you are trying to say, but I'm talking about the Character Quest Find Button, not the DQ Find Button. For me the DQ Path has never worked and, at this moment, I'm not doing any DQ's, only the Character Quests, so the Find Path should work and it isn't! Since this lousy up-date, the Find Paths have all been screwed up. And when you can't get what you need for the Character Quests, then this game has just been ruined. I'm not very good at percentages, but in my Second Game, I have 16 HOS's opened. I just did a full round and I received... 4 items, 8 coin and 4 shards. I don't like those odds. I want the Inventory Drop back in the HOS's.... Thank You.

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Apr 4, 16 5:55 PM
apollogold wrote:Gemini.... I understand what you are trying to say, but I'm talking about the Character Quest Find Button, not the DQ Find Button. For me the DQ Path has never worked and, at this moment, I'm not doing any DQ's, only the Character Quests, so the Find Path should work and it isn't! Since this lousy up-date, the Find Paths have all been screwed up. And when you can't get what you need for the Character Quests, then this game has just been ruined. I'm not very good at percentages, but in my Second Game, I have 16 HOS's opened. I just did a full round and I received... 4 items, 8 coin and 4 shards. I don't like those odds. I want the Inventory Drop back in the HOS's.... Thank You.

Right. I understood, I was only mentioning the DQ find path because it was one of the recent "upgrades." The fact that fixing the DQ find has apparently broken the Character Quest find is completely unacceptable. That was the ONE thing we could count on when all of our options (how to use inventory -- keep, sell, or shard, etc.) were taken away with the update!

Like many others I am beginning to lose hope that the HOS drop will be returned, so the idea about fixing the ZZ find (which would fix the Character Quest find and the DQ find) was just me grasping at straws, trying to find a way to return some fun back to the game.

Go to: