bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Mania ® 2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 3, 10 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Supermarket Mania ® 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Mania ® 2

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Dec 3, 10 12:38 AM
Absolutely love it. Definitely one of the better time management games to come along in recent weeks. This is even better than the original. Has 80 levels and 48 achievements to unlock.

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Dec 3, 10 2:25 AM
Alright some new time management games they are far and few between all those hidden object games I loved the first one too so will be a buy for me......Happy gaming

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 3, 10 3:00 AM
Excellent game way better than the first one and I loved that one but this one is so much better and offers so much more than just running around filling the shelves. In this one you can bake bread, make coffee, milkshakes, keep the shopping cart rack full, run the register and there is a delivery guy that comes to the window and you have to feel his order. Great graphics cute and quirky characters. There are the daily goals and a secondary goal as well. Just alot of fun very colorful and busy. The upgrades are nice as well and definitely make it easier on you. Just so much more to do in this one compared to the first which makes this one so much better it gives you a variety of things to do not just running and stocking shelves. Very good time management game and well worth the download and I have already bought it and didn't waste any time doing it either. Give it try it's really fun and cute and busy but not overwhelming and there is the option of replaying a level if your not happy with your first round. Give it try you might just like it. Thanks Big Fish for another great time management game !

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 3:05:49 AM PST

em1wal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by em1wal on Dec 3, 10 5:56 AM
Hi Fishies

Well I've just finished the demo and have to agree with the comments so far the game is great, nice graphics, good game play with lots of interaction. Probably one of the best time management games I've played in a LONG time. I'm patiently waiting for the next Delicious game..... My all time favourites!! (Don't know why BF hasn't got those??) This game in the meantime will keep me happy there's lots of levels and achievements to gain and as mentioned before the levels are'nt too frantic and it's not impossible to reach expert as in many games out at the moment!! A definite buy for me!! (won't give five stars just yet as have only demo'd so far you never know.....)

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 5:57:46 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Dec 3, 10 1:34 PM
Another great game! I liked the first Supermarket Mania and was a bit worried whether this second version would be able to add new aspects. Well, the worries were unnecessary . It's a good mix of the old stuff and new ideas.

Not so much has changed with regard to graphics, most of the goods are the same and also most of the customers. The main principle remains as well - restocking shelves, cleaning the shop, preventing mishaps etc. A major new aspect: making items (for example milkshakes) or getting items from the bakery. This adds one or two extra steps to restocking. Upgrades as well are partly the same, partly new. Additional staff is provided automatically and does not have to be acquired through upgrades (downside: cannot bet acquired through upgrades), at least not during the demo (maybe this changes during later levels).

One is pretty busy from the beginning on, which is good, but goals are manageable. The demo hour just flew buy and this will be a definite buy.

silkn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by silkn1 on Dec 3, 10 2:25 PM
I own the first game, and I definitely like the sequel. It's fun, it's clear when you've clicked on something in the queue. I've only played the first five levels and I know I want to buy this one. Just hard enough to be challenging, while not being impossible or frustrating. (Now if I could just get the upgrades to work...)

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Dec 3, 10 2:39 PM
I've never played the first game, and being a not-very-competent TM player; the "Mania" in the title intimidated me. But I tried it, and found it pretty enjoyable, for all the reasons everyone else has written. I didn't feel like it kept me busy in the 'clicky' sense, but rather I was occupied making sure everything got done...very good for task oriented people! I'll add this one to my "buy" list.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 3, 10 2:47 PM
This game should be used as part of a job interview.

[Post New]by misformichelle on Dec 3, 10 5:01 PM
so excited to see positive reviews! i still play the first one at least once a month all the way to the end! I love it! downloadin demo now as I never buy before I try but still feelin this could be the item to FINALLY use my credit on! WEEEEE!

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Dec 4, 10 8:55 AM
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but it's a no buy for me. Mainly due to the technical issues. That, and I didn't really like having to make the milkshake.

[Post New]by lissastarr on Dec 4, 10 9:44 AM
I couldnt even get past the tutorial level...the game kept freezing, and i couldn't do anything. I loved the first one though, and was very anxious to play this one. Don't know whats wrong, even tried shutting down and restarting.

Melissa

[Post New]by misformichelle on Dec 4, 10 10:45 AM
i am sad to see people w/ tech issues i hope you contact BF about it. i am in love with this version. definitely different from the first while staying true to it. it is driving me (good) insane trying to make gold on some levels (ok lots) but Ive been distracted and doing my usual zip through first play. looking forward to playing many times. the new additions of extra prep (pizza, shakes, etc) and cleaning up are real fun additions.

the graphics are definitely upgraded for the shops yet the characters stay very true to original form which i like.

def pleased i spent my money on it. now. back to playing. who needs to address christmas cards anyway??

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 4, 10 2:42 PM
3/4 of the way through the demo, I was enjoying it - until that child came in! The security guard was pointless, and the child just irritated me! Even with upgrades, the shelf stock disappeared quickly and the people got irritated quickly. Not for me.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 4, 10 3:10 PM
I love this game, I think it's fantastic! The first hour flew by, and I "had" to get the game. It's a lot of fun! I've had no technical issues.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 4, 10 8:08 PM
I'm on level 6-2 and I love this game for several reasons. I love the speed of the character. The upgrades make total sense and are reasonable for the most part. I find it important to upgrade that bucket and mop as fast as you can then the machines and the cart.

The shoppers are pretty easy to deal with except for the brat girl on the skate board and the mother who needs to be in jail for losing her child all the time while she chit chats on her cell phone. LOL!

I am have a great time playing this game. I hope the rest of you fishies enjoy it as much as me.

Dimpllz
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Dimpllz on Dec 5, 10 1:36 PM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:3/4 of the way through the demo, I was enjoying it - until that child came in! The security guard was pointless, and the child just irritated me! Even with upgrades, the shelf stock disappeared quickly and the people got irritated quickly. Not for me.

As soon as the child starts bouncing, click on the security guard. This will get him to blow his whistle and the child will stop bouncing and start shopping normally.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Dec 5, 10 2:47 PM
I work in retail and the scary thing is, this game is pretty true to life! Great fun

[Post New]by talley5555 on Dec 5, 10 7:07 PM
I enjoy the gameplay, but I wish I'd not purchased this game. It reminds me that I had a similar problem with the last game and I wish I'd not purchased it. I can't get past level 15. You have to play an absolutely perfect game, right there in the middle. Its assinine. If you can't get past it, you've blown your money. I can't 2200 points. It won't add my bonus points for secondary goals to the total because it won't go to that screen until I get 2200 points and I just can't. I've bought dozens of games from big fish and I am rarely motiviated to say anything negative, but I wish I'd not wasted my money on this game.

[Post New]by rdstickle on Dec 7, 10 9:58 AM
Well... I love to get excelent in all levels which I have! but now happens that at level 11 I can't even pass! someone help! is the level with the thief and prolly I wont get excelent either... at least I want to pass it is very frustrating. The level passes with 1000 I always get 975!!! so idk if i am doing something wrong or what.. anyways will try to uninstall and istall it again.

Go to: