bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Supermarket Mania ® 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 3, 10 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 10:11:21 AM PST

Re:Post any upermarket Mania ® 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by SSpistol on Dec 3, 10 9:24 AM
Supermarket Mania is one of my favorite time management games so I'm very bummed that SM2 doesn't run on my computer. It's very sluggish and there is a balloon dialog box "General Patience" that appeared the first time I went into the upgrade center that will not move. It is firmly in place covering the ice cream machine on the game play screen. I tried getting out of the game and restarting as well as reinstalling the game. I have way more than the minimum system requirements on a very new high end computer. Maybe a Windows 7 compatibility issue?

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 9:25:27 AM PST

XanLo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Post any Supermarket Mania ® 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by XanLo on Dec 3, 10 1:14 PM
Hii, I'm getting issues on windows 7 too. The cursor is constantly blinking and hardly shows up at all so impossible to play.

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 1:14:44 PM PST

silkn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by silkn1 on Dec 3, 10 2:21 PM
I'm having a problem with upgrades. I have tons of money but when I click on something to upgrade, I can't. It doesn't give me the screen to do it. No idea why. I'm running Vista.

[Post New]by ellen_d on Dec 3, 10 2:33 PM
I have the same problem as slikn1, it won't let me upgrade at all...all I can do is buy cookies and the cleaner thing

[Post New]by SSpistol on Dec 3, 10 3:00 PM
silkn1 wrote:I'm having a problem with upgrades. I have tons of money but when I click on something to upgrade, I can't. It doesn't give me the screen to do it. No idea why. I'm running Vista.

I don't think that's a technical issue. I believe you can only buy stuff that has been "unlocked" or that you have enough money to purchase.

silkn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by silkn1 on Dec 3, 10 3:07 PM
I *do* have the money, however, it wouldn't let me buy the upgrades. In your words, they weren't unlocked. But once I passed the first five stages, which I guess is the tutorial, it unlocked all the upgrades. So guess this wasn't a technical issue. Thanks, though.

[Post New]by amsmith2000 on Dec 4, 10 8:20 AM
So far this game is frustrating. I'm running it on Windows XP. I was able to play for a few levels and then things started flashing and the the game would not progress. The shoppers wouldn't shop. I had to quit the level and go to the main menu except it's blank. Once I got the game shut down I updated my video card incase that was the problem. Rebooted. The game worked great for a few more levels and then it started all over again.

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Dec 4, 10 8:53 AM
I'm running on Vista, and the game seemed really sluggish, and that "General Patience" balloon didn't go away for me. Yeah. No buy from me.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Dec 4, 10 12:17 PM
I have Windows XP SP2 and this game played fine until......

I reached Level 2 and 3...one time on Level 2 I did get the juicer to work for me, other then that, it was a complete waste of time on Level 3 and yes I read the tutorials....even clicked "Help" a few times to reread the part about the juicer and according to it, I was doing it right ......anyone else have a problem with the juicer on these levels?

And what's up with the, Milkshake Girl?

mine does not make them...WT?? then I thought maybe she was there to fix the machine when that guy came in and bashed it but so far, I haven't seen him since I bought her...and IMO she wasn't cheap to purchase so she needs to do something other then stand there! Or at least get out of the way when I click on the milkshake machine and then run to get the milk and the ice cream (which by the way, did they have to put the ice cream on the other side of the store?) and back to the milkshake machine, then bend down and watch it for a few seconds! LOL

I think this game has a bug in it.....or someone didn't clean the supermarket good enough and then some bugs got in it. LOL Reckon we'll find out if I get a few replies to my post and see if anyone else has the same problems as myself.

Oh yeah, Level 3 is as far as I got in the game before calling it a night, but getting ready to go play it some more and I'll see what happens then....till my juicer starts working though, naturally no way will I get to 'expert' level....plus I am curious as to what the 'milkshake girl' actually is suppose to do, other then just stand there. (thinking I'm going to have to fire the lazy thing!) lol

Take care and hope we all have a good week end~

Welcome to the Pond all new fishies~

[Post New]by Celicagamer on Dec 4, 10 2:12 PM
i am also running windows vista and the game is very very choppy that bubble wont go away that says general patience. please update....

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Dec 4, 10 2:32 PM
I was really looking forward to playing this game but I am having technical issues with it too. Very frustrating! I guess it is a no buy for me also and I am very disappointed because it really does look like a great game.

[Post New]by pjweimer on Dec 4, 10 3:19 PM
There is definitely a few bugs that need to be worked out. Having the same type issues as everyone else with it hanging up, leaving the "count down" bubble over the counters and not allowing me to upgrade sometimes. I'm running XP on this machine.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 3:20:58 PM PST

ratpack
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ratpack on Dec 4, 10 5:03 PM
I am not having any troubles until I reach level 2.11. I try it and the timer gets about 2/3 of the way done when it says that I've failed. Am I missing some game rule or is this a glitch?

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 4, 10 8:22 PM
I'm running Windows 7 on fairly new IBM and am not having issues. I'm on level 6-2.

[Post New]by jbones on Dec 4, 10 9:33 PM
my issue is that it was running fine until the free 1 hour trial ran out. I then purchased it and it won't activate..keeps saying it can't connect to the internet. I've been purchasing and downloading bigfish games for years and never had a problem until now. I have reinstalled game manager and reinstalled the game, knowing I would lose my hour of progress, but it still won't activate. I've tried all the suggestions and nothing works. so now I've paid $6.99 and can't even play it.

AliKat611
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by AliKat611 on Dec 4, 10 11:48 PM
I'm having the same choppy/jerky movement and that frustrating bubble over the machines others are mentioning. I was able to work around it unitl I had to make pizza--can't see the machines to chop the toppings because of the bubble. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't help. Hope there's a fix soon because I think I'd really like this game if it ran smoothly and that annoying bubble wasn't there.

mjdixon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mjdixon on Dec 5, 10 6:13 AM
I am having the exact same problem as ratpack. I fail in the middle of 2.11 everytime. Very frustrating! and Today when I went to play some of my upgrades were gone and some that I never purchased were there. Excited to see Cake Mania today but would like to complete this game first.

mjdixon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mjdixon on Dec 5, 10 6:16 AM
Hey jbjones....Just contact Big Fish if you cant get it to work. They are very helpful. I had a game that never worked even after doing all the things they told me so they just credited me a game.

[Post New]by nola22 on Dec 5, 10 8:09 AM
I'm having the same problem as XanLo. Running the game on windows 7 and the cursor is blinking rapidly or fading altogether so making playing the game impossible.

Go to: