moosish2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Wheeeee! I like it!

[Post New]by moosish2 on Dec 3, 10 1:16 AM
What a lovely way to relax after having just finished 'Phantom Of The Opera' (Thank you, (game site removed by moderator). Without your walkthrough, I never could have made it through!) 'The Hidden Object Show' has no time constraints, no "hint" penalties or complicated plots involving maps and running around looking for hints in rooms 3 floors away. This is cute and fun and simply a nice hidden object game! I hope there will be sequels to this. It's exactly what I'm looking for when I just want to pleasantly pass the time!

Edited on 01/10/2011 at 11:00:15 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Wheeeee! I like it!

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 3, 10 1:52 AM
I can agree, I was half between Phantom and Sherlock Holmes CEs, even with strat guide was wearing me out thinking. I needed more light hearted games with some semblance of humor. I think the whole premise of this game is funny, locking up losing contestants, right up my alley, a good spoof. And back to just plain hunting, altho some scenes are a challenge. Whoever thought up this concept, actually spoofing their prior games, then no timer, great twist. I didn't like their first ones at all, too hectic, but lots of leisure variety here. It's one you can pick up and put down when mood strikes.

Not much challenge for those who write "too easy" but just right for me for a little fun. Glad to have company

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 1:54:54 AM PST

moosish2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by moosish2 on Dec 4, 10 12:56 AM
Hi, puzzledone! Glad to know I have company! Actually, I came back tonight to add to what I had written previously because, as you mentioned, this game isn't quite as easy as I made it out to be. Yes, some of the puzzle varieties in this game are VERY challenging! I guess I still like even those because of the lack of time constraints and also the lack of penalties if I click too often.

Yes, the mildly twisted freeing-the-caged-people premise is fun, and the music often reminds me of something creepy, like the Alfred Hitchcock show - lol (doubtless, that's before everyone's time here.):-)

I was tempted to skip over (using those double arrow coins I won in the quickie bonus scenes) a couple of the more annoying puzzle types, such as the riddles and the focus ones, but I've been getting through them okay after all.

After I freed Grandpa tonight, I was disappointed because I thought the game was now over, but -- no! The Extended Play extras after the story part goes on and on, and I am very happy about that.

Do you have any other major favorites here? My all-time favorite is Mystery in London (The Search For Jack The Ripper), although that's really not a major part of it. Really, it's a tour of London, and it is soooo realistic!

It is truly astonishing the high level of entertainment that BFG gives us for such a low price!

TTFN!
moosish

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 12:57:13 AM PST

[Post New]by marilynjnorman on Dec 6, 10 2:57 AM
THERE WAS A SIMILAR GAME A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK THAT HAD THE "SKIP CHIPS" AND THE SPINNING WHEEL IDEA TO SELECT WHAT GAME YOU WOULD PLAY. IT HAD OF A CIRCUS BACKGROUND.BUT CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF IT.

AND I'M PLENTY OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER ALFRED HITCHCOCK! I'M 72 AND CAN REMEMBER ONLY HAVING MOVIES AND THE RADIO TO LISTEN TO! I SAW THE WIZARD OF OZ ON ITS FIRST RUN!!! IT WAS A SHOCK WHEN IT TURNED FROM BLACK AND WHITE TO COLOUR! A BIG SURPRISE THEN!

I LIKE TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE MATCH GAME TO PLAY AT ALL TIMES MYSELF. MY BRAIN NEEDS A REST NOW AND THEN!

SEASIDE GRANNY - FROM DOWN UNDER
(BUT I STARTED OUT LIFE IN LOS ANGELES)

Go to: