Level 17

[Post New]by spuntwine on Dec 3, 10 7:08 AM
I cannot get very far in level 17. It takes me too long to build the life force to get the polar bear and then to have him knock down drifts. Is there a step I am missing?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Level 17

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 3, 10 4:25 PM
The key to this level is to get the deer and at least one gopher healed as soon as possible, so you can keep collecting their life source as soon as it becomes available.
Here is how I did the level:
Heal the little bush just above the starting point
Use the seeds you got from this to heal the waterfall (that way you will always have a source of water).
Heal the tree just above the bush, and keep healing stuff till you get enough life seeds to clear the path to the green stone (so you can get two will o' wisps).
Once you have two, heal the deer and go across the river and get all the seed and water, etc lying on the ground. Then, as soon as you can, heal the gopher in that same area.
Now just keep healing trees, etc and collecting life source as soon as it becomes available.
Then heal the bear, and let him smash the snowdrift that blocks the Willow tree (bottom right), that way you can get more seeds, then heal the gopher up top and have the bear smash the snowdrift where the life source crystals are (top left).
All this time, you should be collecting life sources as soon as they appear.
When he is done with the top snowdrift, have him get the two that are in the way of the last gopher. While he's doing that, continue to collect life source and green seeds so you can heal that gopher.
I ended with about 30 seconds left.

Good Luck!

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Oct 30, 11 11:06 PM
For the life of me, I can't seem to find all 5 crystals...I also run out of time. I try to find all the crystals before starting this game, but this time I am missing it. Anyone with some help? I can't find walkthroughs of this online anywhere.

Pixiey

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 31, 11 3:51 PM
Pixie, the time stops after you have done all the required tasks, but you can stay on the level and look for the crystals (I assume you mean the hidden objects in the level) as long as you like.
Just don't send Aerie back to the portal until you've found all the objects. That way you don't get caught up in looking for the objects while trying to complete the tasks and you will complete the level faster.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 11, 12 12:27 PM
Pixieydust wrote:For the life of me, I can't seem to find all 5 crystals...I also run out of time. I try to find all the crystals before starting this game, but this time I am missing it. Anyone with some help? I can't find walkthroughs of this online anywhere.

Pixiey

#1: Blue lower right side of screen which look like stalagmites
#2: Blue grouping right hand side of screen hiding at the base of a tree that stands near the edge of the screen which is a little below #1.
#3: 3 blue dots upper right near the red booth.
#4: 3 green dots upper left of screen at the end of the pathway
#5: Grouping of green dots 1/2 way up the path to the right by the first tree.

kaylee2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kaylee2 on Dec 24, 12 6:56 PM
thanks cromaxgal finaly completed all goals, can't believe I didn't see the last crystal lol

Go to: