bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATED - New MAC version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 3, 10 2:48 PM
We have a new version of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the crash issue at the soda machine.

We apologize for the trouble and thank you for your patience as we worked on getting this resolved. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Options (lower left-hand corner)
Then open the About tab.

Under the About Game Manager click Check for Game Manager Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Thank you!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 2:50:45 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:UPDATED - New MAC version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 3, 10 3:27 PM
Wow! Thank you bfgArnoStyx and BFG for hearing us. It is much appreciated!!

EDT: I just downloaded and tried the game. I did not toss my preference file, could start at the soda machine -- no apparent issues. Whew!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 4:00:18 PM PST

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:UPDATED - New MAC version available for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Riquelme on Dec 3, 10 4:08 PM
Problem solved in a day. Great job BFG.

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Dec 3, 10 4:39 PM
Well, it's the second time this week that I have to install an update for a collector's edition (MCF 13th skull and MT the void)... these files are huge and it takes for ever to download. I know, BFG is not responsible for the Internet speed I have here, but as these situations seem to repeat themselves, I'd think it would be only fair that BFG offers us a coupon/free game in compensation. (had the same problem when I bought MCF Dire grove)
Why aren't there better testing before launching the games? I'm sure some of us would be ok to "test" the games.

[Post New]by karenmarie34 on Dec 3, 10 5:06 PM
cathadhaka wrote:Well, it's the second time this week that I have to install an update for a collector's edition (MCF 13th skull and MT the void)... these files are huge and it takes for ever to download. I know, BFG is not responsible for the Internet speed I have here, but as these situations seem to repeat themselves, I'd think it would be only fair that BFG offers us a coupon/free game in compensation. (had the same problem when I bought MCF Dire grove)
Why aren't there better testing before launching the games? I'm sure some of us would be ok to "test" the games.

I agree whole heartedly. There is nothing worse when you get into one of these games and then all of sudden BAM crash. We should be offered something extra game credits at least.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 3, 10 6:21 PM
I just downloaded and can't even get the demo to load. I've never had this problem before. I click "Play now" and get a message that it quit unexpectedly. Have restarted computer to no avail. Will contact cs.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Dec 3, 10 8:22 PM
I cannot load demo either. It tries and then quits. Grrrr.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 3, 10 9:09 PM
Katie318 wrote:I cannot load demo either. It tries and then quits. Grrrr.

Did you trash the old version? Also empty the trash.

[Post New]by Chicagrl8 on Dec 3, 10 10:18 PM
Yay!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!! Love to be heard, and to get the problem fixed so quickly!! : D

[Post New]by DariusThe3rd on Dec 4, 10 3:10 AM
A big thank you indeed for such a swift response!

On to playing...

D3

esvans
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by esvans on Dec 4, 10 1:46 PM
tried to install the update for mystery trackers CE in game manager, but it's still installing : 6 hours now ....
is that normal ?
... the update for the 13th skull is still waiting there , but I've lost the courage ...
Anyone got advice / experience with this ?
Or should I really uninstall these games and download the updated ones, therewith losing my game progress ... ??

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 4, 10 1:59 PM
With 13th skull you won't lose your progress.
I can't speak for Mystery Trackers.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 2:40 PM
Well, uninstall and reinstall worked. Demo worked. I loved it! A buy for me!

But I wonder why my first download didn't work? I wonder if I downloaded at the same time the new version was going up and we somehow crossed wires???

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 4, 10 2:42 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:With 13th skull you won't lose your progress.
I can't speak for Mystery Trackers.

I didn't lose my progress in Void. This was a pretty long game even without the extra play (which I have just now started.) It appears to continue the story, so might hold my interest. I liked the game a lot. It cam be a real challenge if you do not click on the info buttons that come with the puzzles. I loved the artwork, story line and progression of the game. Would recommend it. Even the SE version will keep you busy for many hours.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 6:08 PM
Hi there! Remember me? I'm back again. My game crashed at the soda fountain. I just downloaded last night what I thought was supposed to be the NEW version. This is ridiculous. Any thoughts?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Dec 7, 10 6:43 AM
WilJul wrote:Hi there! Remember me? I'm back again. My game crashed at the soda fountain. I just downloaded last night what I thought was supposed to be the NEW version. This is ridiculous. Any thoughts?

Open your game manager and you should see: 1 Game Update Available; outlined in yellow. I just finished downloading the game. As soon as I loaded it, up popped manager with the message about the update.

Gotta run the game is finished and I'm eager to play.

[Post New]by thedevongirdlers on Dec 7, 10 8:03 AM
Hi

Found a fault when playing the shape lock with the hair pin. When I have turned the inner circle it disappears. Can't continue game. Is there an update to correct this?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Dec 8, 10 3:34 AM
thedevongirdlers wrote:Hi

Found a fault when playing the shape lock with the hair pin. When I have turned the inner circle it disappears. Can't continue game. Is there an update to correct this?

I don't think it's a fault of the game! I just completed the game on a MAC. Had NO problems with the lock, or any other parts of the game.

Go to: