bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 4, 10 1:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 10:40:41 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 4, 10 1:33 AM
after playing 20 minutes,new tasks appears at the bottom,and all the things i had in my inventory disappear!and no possible to make them going back!

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Dec 4, 10 1:49 AM
Well, I played for about an hour and got to the forest area where; after putting out the fire; EVERYTHING in my inventory disappeared!!! ARGH! What happened? This is very frustrating considering I bought The Dragon Dance and it froze up on me and I couldn't continue playing, now I bought this one and All of my inventory disappears!
To say the least I am not happy!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 4, 10 2:12 AM
welcome to the club!me,all disappear from my inventory when i was in front of the common,sooner in the game!i was ready to buy,but ,happily,i don't do it quick enough!it bugs before!ouf!!!

[Post New]by goofyduck77 on Dec 4, 10 2:23 AM
My problem was of a different sort -- I got an access violation error about 58 or 59 minutes into the demo. I wasn't overly upset because obviously it was almost done, but I don't want to buy it because I have had that error before and there was no fixing it, so BF gave me a credit. I'm hoping that maybe this go around, they know what the problem might be and see whether it is a programming glitch rather than my own personal computer settings (which I doubt, since never have I ever had any problems with any games whatsoever than that one I mentioned, and now this one).

Oh, and I thought I lost some inventory stuff, too, but there are arrows at each side, and I had to hit the left arrow many times to get to see all the items I had collected - not to say that is the problem here, but it was just a thought.

[Post New]by SmokeyPH on Dec 4, 10 2:32 AM
Lost all the items in my inventory following the hidden items scene in the cellar and locating the lock tiles for the chest. Rebooted machine and the items reappeared in my inventory. However, in servants quarters in the Parrish home, found the jewel eye for the skull and placed it in the skull socket. It showed me the key but then the game froze and both key and eye disappeared. Rebooting made no difference so am now stuck. By the looks of the forum comments, this is a definite issue with the game - when are you going to fix this?

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 2:33:18 AM PST

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Dec 4, 10 2:38 AM
I HAD THE SAME ISSUE THE ERROR MESSAGES KEEPS COMING UP
TRIED EVERYTHING CAN NOT GET IT TO WORK. PLEASE FIX BFG

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Dec 4, 10 3:19 AM
Hi everyone

The problem I got is completely different. I can't play the game because it runs very very slowly and have problems with the sound !

When i click somewhere, the cursor moves so slowly that it takes at least 10 secondes to reach the place i clicked !

So I uninstalled the game after playing only 2 mn !

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 4, 10 3:53 AM
when i came back to the game to try the tips of goofyduck,but the game was not saved!i had to register again!
the coackroches are not only on hidden objects scenes!!!!

Sadie1230
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sadie1230 on Dec 4, 10 4:26 AM
Got error message with only 12 minutes into the game.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 4, 10 4:36 AM
My inventory disappeared and, although I had three wheels, I was told I needed another. Each time, I exited the game and went back in. My inventory was back and I was able to chop the wheels. I hope this helps atleast some of you.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Dec 4, 10 4:46 AM
I'm having issues of the fire in the forest altar not going out after I dump the bucket of water on it. I tried to refill the bucket in the stream but it will not let me do that. Also having to exit to the main screen when doing the conversations with some of the towns people. Its starts after you help the farmer and his wheel.

momzugg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by momzugg on Dec 4, 10 4:49 AM
i too have been playing the game for about 45 minutes, after reaching the east gardens, lost everything i had......pretty frustrating when your playing loose everything in the middle of the game

[Post New]by ratsygirl on Dec 4, 10 5:08 AM
I get errors atstartup about not being able to set resolution, so I change it manually.

When I try to pick up the shovel\spade at the common, the cursor stays in the pick up mode and I cannot do anything other than exit the game. Such a shame, I liked the look of this game, but will not purchase until problems are resolved.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Dec 4, 10 5:09 AM
I also lost all my inventory items at the forest. Completed the **** scene and game froze. Uninstalled and re-installed and nothing.

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Dec 4, 10 5:32 AM
I was searching the servants quarters when the game froze, and my inventory disappeared. I exited and came back to the game and my inventory reappeared. Am quitting tonight before something worse happens.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Dec 4, 10 6:14 AM
My inventory disappeared when I reached the prison after finding the bone figure. I exited and everything was back when I tried again and was able to continue the game for the remainder of the hour.

[Post New]by Lynniebabe on Dec 4, 10 6:59 AM
My game froze and inventory items disappeared as I took the beads from the secret niche at the end of the statue game (Pride/Sloth, etc.). Exited game and came back in, but beads were not in my inventory. All previous items were, but no beads. Cannot get back into statue (lamp) area but task still says give beads to woman in prison. No beads to give and no way to get them again. HELP!

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Dec 4, 10 7:04 AM
I actually used the help pages and updatet my video card, intel. It worked my inventory came back and I could finish the game.

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Dec 4, 10 7:17 AM
My demo only lasted about 25 minutes and then closed.

Go to: