bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Kuros technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 4, 10 8:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any Kuros technical issues here only

[Post New]by Miralen on Dec 17, 10 3:40 PM
Hi

I have the mac version and I can happily play the game up until I have collected the 30 items for the tree dude and have gone back to see the oracle. The game consistently crashes at this point after the oracle's speech re focusing power.

I've looked through the help sections and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no resolution of the issue.

Customer support is often offline for my timezone and with a small bub getting online when livechat is up is difficult.

Any suggestions welcome

8-)

[Post New]by biggerstfish on Dec 22, 10 9:48 AM
I have the same problems on mac! comming back to the orakel and after the master of katja is speaking the game freaze and I have to shout down my mac anyone here who can help?

I have mac os 10.4, whitch is suppose to be ok for this game. the trial worked fine, only when I come on this point it crashes every time.

thx!

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 9:51:37 AM PST

lzurn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lzurn on Dec 22, 10 5:42 PM
I am having the same problem: Kuros freezes after collecting the 30 items for the tree dude and have gone back to see the oracle. I have updated all my mac software and uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Help!!!!!!

c8h10n4o2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by c8h10n4o2 on Dec 23, 10 7:25 AM
Same here on 10.4. Sent a Dr. Felix report and a crash log to customer service and they're supposedly working on it. They gave me a coupon in the meantime. I'd contact them, because the more reports they get, the faster they can find out what's wrong and fix it.

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Jan 5, 11 5:00 PM
I have a new one ... am at the hearth of burning power and have broken 8 rocks ... one to go before I do the door puzzle and guess what? No more hammers! The game was supposed to give you all the hammers you need but now nada! Stuck!

Backed out of scene and returned several times ... zip! Mac powerbook/Snow Leopard.

[Post New]by jungerfrau on Feb 12, 11 2:36 PM
c8h10n4o2 wrote:Same here on 10.4. Sent a Dr. Felix report and a crash log to customer service and they're supposedly working on it. They gave me a coupon in the meantime. I'd contact them, because the more reports they get, the faster they can find out what's wrong and fix it.

I am having the same issues as everyone else with a Mac. I too am using 10.4. It's frustrating cause I can't even get out of the area without starting over, and believe me that got old fast. I'm assuming this is a technical glitch that needs fixing. Could someone fix it soon, before I forget how to play this game.
But I think I'll follow the advice of the above poster and send in a complaint to Dr Felix.

[Post New]by biggerstfish on Feb 21, 11 12:31 AM
now kuros is only for mac ox 10.5 intel mac listed. why? will there be any patch for the player with mac os 10.4 with PPC? I recive my money back, but that is not all.

I'd like to play kuros till the end, but on my mac (non intel, mac os 10.4) I could play only the half game. I am annoyed with that the maker of kuros forgot us

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Apr 20, 11 10:54 AM
Just a follow up ... I started a new profile and managed to play through to the end. Going back to where I was stuck needing 1 more hammer I found that I did not have the viewer to see the last hammer leaning up against the upper right on the building.
Bob

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Apr 22, 11 6:29 PM
comicseller wrote:HI, I have traced the symbols on the door with the wand, several times, but the door will not open. Anyone encounter this problem or do I need to contact CS?
Thanks for any help! I studied the walkthrough and I did what it said to do and still no luck. The game is Kuros.
Jackie

Hi there!

My name is Rainbow Explorer and I recently purchased the game "Kuros". From reading through the postings on the "Kuros" Forum, I saw that you had major trouble getting the four markings on the door of the underground burrow (about an eighth of the way into the game), to light up, when you traced them with your "magic wand", so that the door would open and you could leave. I've been having the same problem for the past couple of months.

So far, I've never been successful at getting any more than two of the markings/symbols to light up, and several times I've never been able to get any of them to light up. Thus, I've never been able to move on with the game. I've tried every strategy I can think of to get past this point but have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if you ever made it past this block or not, and if you did make it, how did you get it to work for you?

I've contacted Customer Service and they don't have any experience with this game so suggested that I post a question here on the Forum. Since the game is so old, I don't know how many people will actually READ this Forum anymore, other than new game players. However, I would be very grateful for any suggestions you might be willing to share with me. Thanks!

Rainbow Explorer

Edited on 04/22/2011 at 6:32:30 PM PST

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Apr 30, 11 5:58 PM
Hello Rainbow Explorer: I'm playing Kuros now and coincidently just completed the task of getting the symbols to light up on the furnace (to create the Oracle's wand). I was using the magic wand to trace the cracks, thinking that's how to repair the cracks, and somehow a couple symbols lit up (which I didn't even realize were there) -- then I outlined the other symbols themselves as was required the first time I encountered the task of using the magic wand earlier in the game. I hope you've overcome the problem since posting.

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Apr 30, 11 6:01 PM
Xbob2 wrote:Just a follow up ... I started a new profile and managed to play through to the end. Going back to where I was stuck needing 1 more hammer I found that I did not have the viewer to see the last hammer leaning up against the upper right on the building.
Bob

So glad you posted.... I was stuck finding that last hammer to get the 5th item needed and immediately returned to my game to find that hammer right where you said it was, leaning against the building. Thanks.... you never know when someone else needs your help. Much appreciated.

teapartyrules
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by teapartyrules on Aug 15, 11 6:22 PM
Just started playing; I am in a treehouse I think (oracle) and can NOT find any more music for organ OR a last piece of telescope. Nothing happens. I have covered every inch of the screen and the game closes instead, so I had to switch to play in window...is this a glitch? SHe just keeps saying I have to find some sheet music to play...blah blah. NOTHING happening. Should I uninstall this game? I have windows 7 updated everything...

teapartyrules
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by teapartyrules on Aug 15, 11 7:32 PM
ok disregard, I can't find some things because they are TINY or hidden I am going blind playing this game. UGH I am glad I got it free it's a real weinie, not winner, IMHO.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Game crashes after giving oracle the scepter parts

[Post New]by emerance on May 19, 13 7:33 AM
I gathered up the 10 flower, 10 crystals and 10 seeds, got the parts, went to the oracle and gave them to him. Then I saw the cut scene with the story. Then when the line "oracle, combine your power with mine" comes, the game freezes. I have to ctl+alt+del to task manager. At that point, I can see the error box:

Error: Access violation at 0x771B3FBB (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Have tried this several times. It always crashes at the same point.

Cannot finish game.

Go to: