Level 23

Level 23

[Post New]by TerriHaute on Dec 4, 10 1:46 PM
I am really stuck on level 23. Can anyone who has made it past this level give some tips on plant placement? I think I have tried every possible combination, but no luck.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Level 23

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 6, 10 3:04 AM
I am having the same problem. I am totally stuck on Level 23. So if anyone out there can provide assistance, please do.

[Post New]by vivia8 on Dec 6, 10 3:29 AM
me too; this level is driving me crazy
a strategy game would be useful

hrhqoroses
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hrhqoroses on Dec 6, 10 7:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I've come up with solutions for several levels, (including 23), and put them on my web site. Since we're not allowed to post links on the forum, please PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thanks,
Katherine

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Dec 7, 10 2:54 AM
Dear Katherine,

Thanks, I PM'd you, this level is driving me crazy!

[Post New]by vivia8 on Dec 7, 10 3:00 AM
I think that everyone here want to pass this level, so please send us the link

[Post New]by vivia8 on Dec 7, 10 10:52 AM
still on this one, so I quit
not a great game anyway, a big waste of time

[Post New]by KayCeejay on Dec 7, 10 2:16 PM
The suggestions Katherine (hrhqoroses) has on her website for some of the hardest levels are excellent. Don't quit yet - try it again after you check out her ideas.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 8, 10 2:26 AM
I agree that Katherine (hrhqoroses) ideas are excellent!

I am still trying to get through the level with at least 1/2 a strawberry left but with her advice I have managed to get MUCH MUCH further than in any of my previous attempts.

Thanks a bunch, Katherine.

hrhqoroses
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by hrhqoroses on Dec 8, 10 7:53 AM
You're very very welcome! I'm glad I'm able to help! (I love these "tower defense" type games -- I wish they made more of them!)

Lindiana -- can you tell me how many stars you have at present? (On my completed game I have tons, but I would like to make suggestions where to put the upgrade stars so you can pass the level).

Katherine

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 10, 10 11:16 AM
Katherine,

I have approximately 50 stars which I have spread out evenly over all three plants.

I have played around with the stars since you can change them. I've tried say upgrading the pea shooter all the way and the tomato plant as well and leaving the other plants. But I haven't noticed it made much of a difference.

I am still stuck on level 23. I have tried it 100's of times and I am getting a bit tired of it. About to uninstall this game and say good riddance unless you have any last thoughts on how I might get past this level.

I did even post about the plants. All these times of trying I have noticed some of them don't function properly. They will let bugs pass without even attempting to kill them. This is making my frustration even worse.

Will await your reply,
Linda

PS I love these tower defense type games as well so really not happy this one is nearly impossible to play as programmed.

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 11:18:22 AM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 10, 10 12:34 PM
Katherine,

I have tried the plants as the suggestion on the website, but loose half of my strawberries within less than 5 levels every single time and die within 7 levels! There are too many that just get past. The furthest I have got is in the late teens, but not with the system you have, unfortunately.
Just so stuck that it is just annoying me now.
I'm also having the same problems as Linda, in that sometimes the plants ignore the bugs.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Jackiex

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 1:07:26 PM PST

[Post New]by vivia8 on Dec 11, 10 2:00 PM
The key is to upgrade all the plants at maximum regarding their strength. I've read this in one of Katherine posts ans it was the first thing that it worked for me. So, thank you.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 12, 10 3:56 AM
I have tried Katherine's way, but I die very quickly, and although I am very grateful for her tips, I find I die A LOT quicker (around level 10) every time, than I do working it out myself. The furthest I have got is level 30.
Thanks for the tip, vivia, but I have already tried that and I die (again) and on Katherine's version, there are too many plants to maximise before dying, anyway!

I have been at this level for about 3 days now, and the furthest I have got is level 30, but on average I die around mid 20's.

I have tried having fewer plants and maximising them quicker, I have tried having more plants, but obviously the cost doesn't allow you upgrading them as quick.
I find the flying butterflies the most annoying that come around level 7 as that is the time I am building up my plants and have to buy useless one-use cacti, so I also tried not bothering to buy the cacti and hoping the pea-shooter works well enough, which maybe only let one or two butterflies through, which did help and allowed me to buy other more useful plants instead.
Either way, I end up dying sooner or later.

Start of a new day, time to try again.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 12, 10 4:55 AM
Just had another go, got to level 33.

Part of the reason why I die is because on a frequent bases the plants ignore an insect that is right near the strawberries, and is within range and can be killed with one shot, but decide to go for another insect instead that is already being targeted by another perfectly-able plant!
OR, if there are two insects to get going in different directions, it goes for both and doesn't manage to kill either, but if it targeted one, it would have been able to kill it.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 12, 10 6:54 AM
Still dying. Getting quite obsessed in trying to finish level 23, but not getting further than round 32/33.

So far established that the tomatoes seem to be about as useful as a chocolate fire guard, and upgrade slowly - so I die
Have tried both buying more plants and upgrading slower, or buying fewer plants and upgrading quicker. Either way, I die.
Have tried not buying cacti as they're useless against anything not flying and relying on peashooters. Works, but still die, but later.
Have tried buying cacti for flying insects, but I need the money to upgrade or buy other more useful plants - so I die.
Have tried using poison plants: helps a bit, but there are more useful plants I could spend money on, so in fact I die.
Have tried planting more sweetcorn, although fast, they get too expensive and are weak - so I die.
The plants don't go for the ones within range that are near the strawberries first, but go for ones other plants are targeting instead - so I die.
Have tried numerous places for all plants, but still find that......guess what. LOL!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 12, 10 6:58 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but I am now a starfish, which I should thank the game for.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 12, 10 8:42 AM
YYYYEEEAAHHHHH!!!! DID IT!! And finished on a "Very Good" It only took me several days!!

I put sweetcorn along the side where they come out.
Peashooters to the middle bridge on both sides and to the two middle islands and built them up to double-headers each (but no more than once for each, didn't upgrade them further). This was enough to deal with the butterflies too.

Then, I *think* it was about 2 sub-levels away from those flying ant things, so I put 2 x cacti on each of the inner bridges near the middle, did NOT upgrade them.

Then put a poison plant outside the entrance of each.

I then put a tomato on the left and right sides that jut out.

Then I put another 2 x sweetcorn randomly nearish to the peashooters on the bridge, symmetrically.

I upgraded as I thought necessary and tried to do it symmetrically.

Toward the end after all the flyers went, I recycled the cacti and put another couple of peashooters in and made further upgrades - which really helped kill the cute mushrooms.

[Post New]by stallman429 on Dec 19, 10 1:26 PM
So, I've tried the above hints and I can't stop dying above level 23... This is driving me insane... are there any other hints or walkthroughs to help with this level??

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Dec 21, 10 4:32 AM
stallman429 wrote:So, I've tried the above hints and I can't stop dying above level 23... This is driving me insane... are there any other hints or walkthroughs to help with this level??

hello stallman429! there's no official walkthrough for this game on ; but i'll post what I did here to pass this level

there are 4 strawberry fields in this level, each at the four corners of the garden; & there are 2 square patches of grass on the center of garden, plant a poison-flower on the top square, and a corn on the bottom square.

there are two entrances for the bugs on the left & right side of the garden; plant a tomato near the entrance of the path on the left side (should be at the edge, two spaces below the rock) and plant a pea-cannon on the opposite side (should be in line with the tomato)

plant a 2nd pea-cannon on the left side, above the tomato (beside the rock) & upgrade the tomato to level 1

plant a 3rd pea-cannon on the right side, opposite to the 1st pea-cannon (they should be in a column, and the 3rd pea-cannon is diagonal to the rock that's near the poison-flower)

plant a cactus on the left side of the garden (in the same row as the tomato; should be at the edge of the path)

upgrade the 1st pea-cannon to level 1 & upgrade the 2nd & 3rd pea-cannon to level 1 as well once you have the suns.

upgrade the corn to level 1 & upgrade the poison-flower next to level 1

plant a 2nd tomato on the right side of the garden (should be below the vertical log & in the same row as the cactus, 1st tomato & 1st pea-cannon)

plant a 4th pea-cannon on the left side of the garden, on top of the tomato (and below the rock)

plant a 2nd cactus on the right side of the garden (below the 1st pea-cannon)

plant a 5th pea-cannon on the left-side of the garden (should be near the entrance of the bug's lair at the bottom of the screen; 3 spaces above the rock that's beside the bug's lair)

upgrade the 4th & 5th pea-cannon & the 2nd tomato to level 1

upgrade the 3rd, 2nd & 1st pea-cannon to level 2

upgrade the 1st cactus to level 1 & the 5th pea-cannon to level 2 & the 2nd cactus to level 1

upgrade the corn , 4th pea-cannon & poison-flower to level 2

upgrade the 1st cactus to level 2 & upgrade your pea-cannons 1 by 1 to level 3

upgrade the 2nd tomato to level 2 & the 1st tomato to level 3

after the 37th wave, recycle the 2 cactus & upgrade the corn & poison-flower to level 3

upgrade the 5th & 3rd pea-cannon to level 4 (250 suns)

Go to: