Frustratingly slow in places

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 5, 10 12:18 PM
I purchased the SE after the game fix and everything was running great till I reached the "water" room. Each time I needed to go in it took soooo long, I timed it one time and it was over 4 min to enter the room. Just as long to get back out. Other rooms didn't have this problem but then when I went from the side of the house to the cemetary it was another agonizingly slow process.
Since I've already purchased this game I'm not quitting and I am enjoying it when I can move around without having to twiddle my thumbs waiting. Any suggestions out there or anyone else having the same problems?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Frustratingly slow in places

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 5, 10 12:28 PM
Sometimes I had to wait to enter a new room or area, but only a few seconds, not minutes. Perhaps you could uninstall and reinstall the game. Sometimes that fixes problems like these. Just a suggestion.

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

Frustratingly slow in places

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Dec 6, 10 4:28 AM
baglady159 wrote:I purchased the SE after the game fix and everything was running great till I reached the "water" room. Each time I needed to go in it took soooo long, I timed it one time and it was over 4 min to enter the room. Just as long to get back out. Other rooms didn't have this problem but then when I went from the side of the house to the cemetary it was another agonizingly slow process.
Since I've already purchased this game I'm not quitting and I am enjoying it when I can move around without having to twiddle my thumbs waiting. Any suggestions out there or anyone else having the same problems?

Uh, oh. So, you purchased it after the fix? Not looking good for me then. My computer did the same exact thing near the electric fence, hallway, and whenever I'd click on the eel area in the water room. Didn't time mine, but it was at least one minute or more per area of waiting to just get in the room. Tv was on and more than a couple commercials went by!

I was hoping that with the new fix, it would've fixed the horrendous lag times. You know, the hallway area just doesn't give you the same kind of game play when one of the arms barely moves at a time. Looked at my other half's screen (we always play with our laptops side by side in our double recliner) and wow, what a difference in effects when they actually work.

We both need to uninstall/reinstall cause his locked him out after having it on pause and can't get back in. Says user profile has been corrupted or something like that.

Go to: