bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Top Chef technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 6, 10 12:46 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Top Chef technical issues here only

[Post New]by Aliona14 on Apr 22, 14 2:40 PM
Why I can't create a new profile, I even can't start to play the game.

kchee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kchee on Apr 28, 14 12:49 PM
Aliona14 wrote:Why I can't create a new profile, I even can't start to play the game.

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.9.2 - when I launched the game for the first time, I clicked the 'bubble' that says 'Ready to be a top chef' and then 'Click here'. Clicking the bubble opens an interface that prompts me to 'enter your name' as a 'new profile', but on my MacBook Air I cannot enter anything. The keyboard simply does not register.

I tried connecting an external keyboard (via Bluetooth) but the game still didn't register any keyboard entries. (The keyboard is Mac/Apple as well.)

If I cannot create a player profile, I cannot play the game. If this is the case, BigFish shouldn't sell this game to Mac OS X users.

I look forward to a solution/reply from BigFish. In the event the issue cannot be resolved, I expect what I paid for the game to be refunded.

[Post New]by heytherenikita12 on Jul 24, 14 5:05 AM
kchee wrote:
Aliona14 wrote:Why I can't create a new profile, I even can't start to play the game.

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.9.2 - when I launched the game for the first time, I clicked the 'bubble' that says 'Ready to be a top chef' and then 'Click here'. Clicking the bubble opens an interface that prompts me to 'enter your name' as a 'new profile', but on my MacBook Air I cannot enter anything. The keyboard simply does not register.

I tried connecting an external keyboard (via Bluetooth) but the game still didn't register any keyboard entries. (The keyboard is Mac/Apple as well.)

If I cannot create a player profile, I cannot play the game. If this is the case, BigFish shouldn't sell this game to Mac OS X users.

I look forward to a solution/reply from BigFish. In the event the issue cannot be resolved, I expect what I paid for the game to be refunded.

I have this same exact problem. Please help.

[Post New]by ahugathome on Aug 13, 14 10:19 AM
I am having the same problem.

[Post New]by kcolla1 on Aug 13, 14 2:56 PM
Same problem with my Mac. I can't even register a new profile to start the game

[Post New]by jamierutberg on Sep 5, 14 10:48 AM
I am having the same issue as everybody else on my mac. This sucks because I just want to play my new game...

[Post New]by tigmic on Sep 13, 14 5:42 AM
I have the same problem as others noted above: I can't type my name so as to create a new profile. The game is unplayable! Please fix this.

[Post New]by niknik1976 on Dec 20, 14 10:03 PM
still no solution...... i think a refund should be sent out........

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 21, 14 1:51 PM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see these issues are coming up for those playing on Mac! I took a closer look, and it appears this could be a compatibility issue. On the game's system requirements, it lists as compatible with OS 10.4 and 10.5. Because of this, the game may not play as well on more recent versions of OSX.

A really great way to make sure a game will work on your computer is to look at the system requirements listed on the game's page, as well as play the free trials. This also lets you see how well the game performs, and if it's something you like!

If your computer is running a version of OSX higher than 10.5, please feel free to contact Customer Support HERE and our Reps will be happy to help get this sorted out.

If you're running 10.4 or 10.5, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and a detailed description of the issue. Our Tech Reps are always happy to help troubleshoot

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

Yunice
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by Yunice on Mar 8, 15 2:58 PM
Why are all the threads in this forum locked?

[Post New]by Krazziigirl on Mar 19, 15 1:18 PM
I'm quite disappointed with the game developers and Big Fish Games. OSX 10.10 has been out long enough now that there should be a solution to the problem with the keyboard. The game opens fine and that's where it STOPS!!

I sincerely hope this is resolved soon. That or please remove the game from your site. It is highly unlikely people are not going to upgrade their computers after eight years.

[Post New]by Starl3t on May 24, 15 10:13 PM
Having an issue with this running in windows 8, even when I change the compatibility mode. Is there any solution to this possible?

Go to: