bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 6, 10 9:52 AM
Since we have have released new versions for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition, I'm starting up a new technical issues thread. The previous technical issues thread can be found here.

Please check out information on the new builds here:

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/2/2010

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 PM

NEW MAC version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition - 11/24/2010

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version.

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 1:55:16 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 6, 10 11:48 AM
OK this is now my 3rd tech thread of this one game I am posting the same problem in.

Please fix the widescreen option so we, who are on windows 7 (I am also on nvidia graphics) can play it!

The windowed and normal option are working not able to click on the widescreen option.

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 11:49:46 AM PST

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by heron on Dec 6, 10 5:34 PM
My curser is jerky and hard to control. It sometimes bypasses what I point it to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail Could it just be the demo?

[Post New]by KIMMIEJ76 on Dec 7, 10 1:36 PM
My inventory continues to disappear, where's my crayons. I have tried to scroll both ways and they are not that, I have downloaded every update. Please HELP!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 8, 10 1:49 PM
Hey Fishies,

There is a new build (12/8/2010) available that should fix missing inventory items. Please uninstall and reinstall your game to have the latest version.

If you're experiencing troubles with a jerky cursor, you may want to try turning off the custom cursor option in your Main Menu.

As for the widescreen option, you should still be able to play the game but there may be black bars on the sides. If you're simply unable to play in Widescreen, please check that the Screen Resolution settings are correct.

For further help with anything else, please write in to Tech Support and they'll be happy to help!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 1:55:32 PM PST

[Post New]by dismayed on Dec 8, 10 1:54 PM
My game won't allow me to unscrew the panel on the side of the piano. Why?

[Post New]by gamergirl48 on Dec 8, 10 3:40 PM
I am at the piano puzzle and it won't let me use the screwdriver to open the panel on the side of the piano. It let me do one screw and that its. When I take the screwdriver out and put it on the screws it says "Nope, not here", or "try this somewhere else", or "This doesn't work here", you get the gist of it. Please let me know if there is something I still need to do to trigger it, but from the strategy guide it doesn't look like that is the case.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 8, 10 3:56 PM
It's the game mechanics that are holding you up. The game is looking at your cursor tip not the tip of the screwdriver. You'll find that the shaft of the screwdriver is across the screw each time.
This is generally true (about the cursor tip). It will be equally important when you enter the keys into the crypt gate.

Edited on 12/11/2010 at 8:10:13 AM PST

[Post New]by gamergirl48 on Dec 9, 10 12:56 AM
Thank you Mr_Russ, that did the trick.

[Post New]by sjbrite on Dec 9, 10 12:49 PM
When I used the metal detector I would find the right spot, shovel would dig the hole, but in two of the holes I didn't get the coins. The hole beside Cooter's and the hole beside the Cottage. The thrid hole by the tavern gave me the coin and the 20th card.

[Post New]by 4kohls on Dec 9, 10 5:34 PM
Hey I can't unblock the toilet at the tavern... have the plunger which goes up and down if i click on it, but that's it. Tried clicking on the hint button but that doesn't do anything either.......HELP!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 9:26 AM
4kohls wrote:Hey I can't unblock the toilet at the tavern... have the plunger which goes up and down if i click on it, but that's it. Tried clicking on the hint button but that doesn't do anything either.......HELP!!!

Hi 4kohls! Welcome to the forums! This thread is for technical issues only - you have a game play issue and in the future should check out the forum threads below these "i"'d and "stickied" threads. But, for now - you have missed a step - you need to call a guy to tell you how to fix the toilet.

doo1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by doo1 on Dec 10, 10 10:09 AM
KIMMIEJ76 wrote:My inventory continues to disappear, where's my crayons. I have tried to scroll both ways and they are not that, I have downloaded every update. Please HELP!

I too had all of the crayons and when I went to put them in the box I only had 3? Please don't tell me I have to reload the game...I'm still a dinosaur and on dial up!
thanks everyone for all the good posts and helpful hints!
debbie doo

[Post New]by berryjolynn on Dec 10, 10 12:03 PM
I finished the game but when I try to choose bonus game it says I must complete the game first and it shows my name with 8 seconds in the game. But I have all the acheivements for completing the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 2:01 PM
berryjolynn wrote:I finished the game but when I try to choose bonus game it says I must complete the game first and it shows my name with 8 seconds in the game. But I have all the acheivements for completing the game.

If you played the part on the ships, you have already played the bonus game and the game has reset to the beginning.

[Post New]by sdaniellem on Dec 10, 10 5:34 PM
I installed all the available updates for the game, but I'm still having trouble. I'm at the point where I need to take the parrot to the swamp. I've looked at the walkthrough, so I know I need to get the screwdriver from the shed, take the birdcage down and get the parrot, but the shed is not cooperating! I can't find any hidden objects scenes, nothing's happening! I've left the game alone for days just to see if something changed - nothing has! Please help! I wanna play the game!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 11, 10 8:08 AM
You may be trying to do things out of order, or you haven't fully scrolled your inventory.
The screwdriver is an early object - you use it on the piano for example.
Click on every turquoise pointer going to make sure you're not already carrying it.

mhoward48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mhoward48 on Dec 11, 10 1:55 PM
I have lost two mousetraps, and two cheeses in my inventory.

The scroll arrow is grayed out. So, I cannot scroll. They are just no longer there. I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling, but they still do not show up. It let me place one mousetrap, and one cheese, but the rest were gone. I went back to make sure I did pick them all up. They just are not there?

I just got the game today, 12/11/2010. So, this should be the latest version.

Edited on 12/11/2010 at 1:56:05 PM PST

DebRN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DebRN on Dec 12, 10 6:04 AM
I have the walkthrough for mine which has been working well until I got the drawing from the bar and then went to the fountain. I am stuck and walkthrough does not go any further at this time. Can you help?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 12, 10 8:41 AM
DebRN wrote:I have the walkthrough for mine which has been working well until I got the drawing from the bar and then went to the fountain. I am stuck and walkthrough does not go any further at this time. Can you help?

This forum is for tech issues - you have a game play issue.

Go to: