jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

Please developers stop doing the slate type of puzzle without a skip!

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Dec 6, 10 5:45 PM
In your last game, which I purchased, you used a puzzle type where you had to clean the fountain and I absolutely could not finish it and I could not move on of course. I uninstalled the game, felt cheated and swore I was done with the series. This time you gave us a number of the same type of puzzles. Yuck!!! Couldn't you at least give us a skip for both easy and hard??!!! I can't complete the entire game without completing this (slate) puzzle and I can't do it! Because of this I have to say I've learned to positively hate this type of puzzle and I won't be buying anymore games with this puzzle type in it. I bought Dream Day True Love and I'm regretting it now.

In fairness I have to say it would be a wonderful game if it weren't for the slate/polishing puzzles.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 7, 10 12:06 PM
jupiter51 wrote:In your last game, which I purchased, you used a puzzle type where you had to clean the fountain and I absolutely could not finish it and I could not move on of course. I uninstalled the game, felt cheated and swore I was done with the series. This time you gave us a number of the same type of puzzles. Yuck!!! Couldn't you at least give us a skip for both easy and hard??!!! I can't complete the entire game without completing this (slate) puzzle and I can't do it! Because of this I have to say I've learned to positively hate this type of puzzle and I won't be buying anymore games with this puzzle type in it. I bought Dream Day True Love and I'm regretting it now.

In fairness I have to say it would be a wonderful game if it weren't for the slate/polishing puzzles.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have gotten so completely stressed out over this that I could scream! In fact, I did. Scared my husband and dog! In my humble opinion, there should be a skip button for every single mini game or puzzle in every single game put out there. Some of us are not puzzle minded and should be able to skip in order to move forward in the game. For those of you who actually did this and finished the slate puzzle.....KUDOS....and I hate you! (Just kidding)

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Dec 7, 10 2:07 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:
jupiter51 wrote:In my humble opinion, there should be a skip button for every single mini game or puzzle in every single game put out there.

AMEN! If the person playing the game has the desire and ability to complete each and every puzzle, good for them and more power to 'em. If not, however, they should not be prevented from completing the game. We pay for the games, it should be OUR decision how much of them we play!

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

Re:Please developers stop doing the slate type of puzzle without a skip!

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Dec 7, 10 8:14 PM
Hmmm reading these reviews has forced me to download so I can see what you're talking about.

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Dec 8, 10 12:33 AM
I have to say i agree with you, i am currently playing in the soulmate mode or whatever the second one is and am stuck polishing the silver and am using too much elbow grease or whatever. I am going to give it another go tonight and if i fail it again will leave it for about a week. Boring!!!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Dec 8, 10 5:47 AM
While I agree that these puzzles can be frustrating, I actually really like them. It helps that I've found a strategy that works (which I've discussed in other threads).

However, considering which other puzzles in this game that had a skip option, I was surprised that the slate/polishing ones did not. I thought they were definitely the most challenging aspect of the game.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 8, 10 6:22 AM
oooooh...kathy...i been shot thru the ..so hurt....but kudos will work!....it took me three or four times to do that shinee thingee...it was flustrating...am a DD fan...got'em all...BUT i do agree ALL puzzles and mini's need the skip...i have run into lots that my brain got drained...kept trying all angles until the last guess was correct..duh!...made for a loooooong time on a short game...and yes not all of us are 'whiz kids'...not me... at certain kind of puzzle games

[Post New]by patsgirl_nh on Dec 11, 10 6:38 AM
SPOILER!!!

These gave me a hard time as well, but if I could give you a hint of advice maybe it would help. It took me about 6 to 1,000 tries to figure this out. On the slate and some of the cleaning games, click your mouse very very fast, do not hold it down, you will see the slate percent drop really fast if you hold the mouse button down. Just move your cursor around while clicking very fast, you will see your completion percent go up faster and your slate percent slow down so you can complete it. Hope that helps.

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Dec 12, 10 11:06 AM
Ok got it. (See previous post.) Yeah, I am now stuck on the one where you need to rub pencil over the love letters. I've done it a dozen times and still can't figure out where it needs more rubbing without running out. I will try the last poster's advice and do the fast clicking.

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Dec 12, 10 11:11 AM
patsgirl_nh!!!!! IT WORKED!!! Granted it took forever, who cares cause it WORKED!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 12, 10 11:23 AM
Funnily enough, the pencil puzzle also works if you go very slowly!!
Cheers

Go to: