bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Legend of Atlantis

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 7, 10 12:28 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Legend of Atlantis? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Legend of Atlantis

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 7, 10 12:40 PM
The first thing that I noticed about this game was the lack of an options button. Instead there were individual on/off buttons for sound and music (no volume control). You can also control windowed/full with an Alt Return combination. The directions say to use the Enter key, but I have a full keyboard, and the Enter key did not work. You have to play a timed game.

It's basic switching match 3. When you match gold coins (not the silver ones) you can earn powerups. Then you have to match enough of the powerup icons to use it. This all takes quite a while, and the early powerups are not very powerful. There are so many icons on the board that making matches even at the early levels is quite a challenge.

I love Match 3 games, but this one has technical issues. It's also too hard to be mindless fun, and the challenge is all about luck, so it's not satisfying either. The graphics are kind of grainy and you can't exit to the menu from the playing board. Free play was more interesting, but I had only a few minutes with that. Perhaps if I had started there I would have had a more positive review, but I am out of time.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Legend of Atlantis

[Post New]by eponym on Dec 7, 10 2:54 PM
I have enjoyed the other games in the series but this one was not fun. I agree with Rye re: the technical issues and with the fact that it was not relaxing entertainment. It was not too hard but it was not something I would play for enjoyment. I did not even finish my free trial hour.

Go to: