Welcome to My Tribe forum

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to My Tribe forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 27, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to My Tribe forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other My Tribe players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Nickkie460
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Welcome to My Tribe forum

[Post New]by Nickkie460 on Nov 28, 08 9:45 AM
Looking for tips on the the mystery items. How to find or make ironwood, berries and lodestone. I have been playing for a few hours now and really nothing new going on yet.

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 28, 08 10:15 AM
Kezzi wrote:I have the game on the PAUSE setting and its playing at the FAST setting!!! very very annoying! i would like a fix for this please

This is a known issue. If you change the speed settings after hitting "Play!" only (i.e. Don't go to the Settings screen from the main menu.), this will not happen.

We're working on a new version to address this problem!

Kezzi
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Kezzi on Nov 28, 08 10:30 AM
Thank you!

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 28, 08 3:04 PM
supremerulers wrote:i have a problem with the game i can not change the user it comes up with an error message

What error message are you seeing?

[Post New]by supremerulers on Nov 28, 08 11:10 PM
error access violation at 0x004b59e4 tried to read from 0x00000004 program terminated

[Post New]by rrodrig8 on Nov 29, 08 3:06 PM
I am only able to play the game for about 10 minutes at a time before it closes on its own. Are there any solutions to this?

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 29, 08 3:50 PM
supremerulers wrote:error access violation at 0x004b59e4 tried to read from 0x00000004 program terminated

Unfortunately I'm not sure what's causing that

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Nov 29, 08 3:51 PM
rrodrig8 wrote:I am only able to play the game for about 10 minutes at a time before it closes on its own. Are there any solutions to this?

It's likely the "sound" bug: Please go to the game's "Settings" screen and turn your volume up SLIGHTLY. The problem occurs when the volume is at exactly zero. Raise it a little bit and it should fix the problem.

We'll be sending Big Fish an updated version of the game, to fix this.

[Post New]by rlfoster on Nov 30, 08 10:06 PM
Nickkie460 wrote:Looking for tips on the the mystery items. How to find or make ironwood, berries and lodestone. I have been playing for a few hours now and really nothing new going on yet.

The ironwood and berries are rewards for completing mysteries, but the lodestone unfortunately only comes from the sea and not very frequently.

HTH

Ryan_Clark
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Ryan_Clark on Dec 1, 08 10:18 AM
Hm, strange! I would delete your save game data and try again. It can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Local_Settings\Application_Data\Grubby Games\My Tribe Data

(Replace "YOUR_USERNAME" with whatever your Windows login name is.) Delete the "My Tribe Data" folder and run the game again.

[Post New]by browneyedangel70 on Dec 1, 08 5:31 PM
supremerulers wrote:error access violation at 0x004b59e4 tried to read from 0x00000004 program terminated

I get a similar error access violation everytime I try to sail my tribe to a new island. I can pick the island, and the game says it's sailing to my tribe, and then the error comes up and the game shuts down. I think my tribe will be dead before I successfully move them!

[Post New]by decouer on Dec 1, 08 8:43 PM
Nickkie460 wrote:Looking for tips on the the mystery items. How to find or make ironwood, berries and lodestone. I have been playing for a few hours now and really nothing new going on yet.

yeah im looking for that as well.. i have learned how to make twins, how to make it rain, how to increase the crops.. but the sea hasn't told me a thing about those stupid mysteries.. noone is strong enough and noone knows about the fossil and everyone who goes by the fountain is thrilled
so who knows

[Post New]by springbok500 on Dec 2, 08 5:22 AM
How or where do u collect rainwater?

[Post New]by springbok500 on Dec 2, 08 5:43 AM
tips mysteries: last step star mystery put 3 stars in quickly same with moon mystery after activated

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Dec 2, 08 7:55 AM
springbok500 wrote:How or where do u collect rainwater?

You can't collect it, you just mix your potions while it is raining.
There is a potion to make it rain.

[Post New]by springbok500 on Dec 2, 08 9:17 AM
Thanks

naenae911
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by naenae911 on Dec 2, 08 2:17 PM
Alrydian wrote:
springbok500 wrote:How or where do u collect rainwater?

You can't collect it, you just mix your potions while it is raining.
There is a potion to make it rain.

Thats what you do. I kept looking for a bowl or bucket kind of a thing.

[Post New]by MCummings on Dec 3, 08 4:36 PM
That also took me awhile until I found this website that had stuff for the game. I dunno if I can post the address here or not. Its a spoilers page. It has a list of all the potions and what they do and how to solve all the mysteries.

NSSY
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by NSSY on Dec 3, 08 11:27 PM
Whenever i try 2 build a hut it doesn't work!!!
i'm trying to catch up with the tutorial course
i click the hut from the build menu and find a spot that it doesn't turn red
then i click the hut but it just disappears!!!
what am i doing wrong ???

Edited on 12/03/2008 at 11:28:11 PM PST

Go to: