13th skull

[Post New]by lbeaty on Dec 8, 10 6:55 AM
Has anyone had trouble getting into the graveyard. I copied down the pattern from the painting where the keys go but everytime I tried to put the key in the lock at the gravesite, a message kept saying time to get a new detective. I eventually had to use a skip which I do not like to use.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:13th skull

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 8, 10 7:01 AM
I'm not playing this game until the SE is released so am unable to help you on this. Have you tried the forum specifically for the game?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2030.page

Maybe the walkthrough can be of help?

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-13th-skull-walkthrough/

Good luck!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Dec 8, 10 7:26 AM
This game is very touchy. The key has to be in the right spot, not a hair to the left . right, over , or under. I tried several times to fit the keys in the lock. Keep trying. I think I read someones post that the arrow must be over the keyhole. Good luck. Very annoying game. Had to click just the right spot to leave the kitchen also.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 8, 10 7:43 AM
The game looks at where the tip of the mouse cursor is (or would be), not at what you're carrying. For the screwdriver on the side panel of the piano, that's the shaft of the screwdriver and for the crypt key in the keyhole that's the middle of the key.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 8, 10 8:27 AM
Hi lbeaty,

Welcome to the pond!

Sorry you had some issues with the lock on the cemetery gate .

As the other fishies pointed out, you often have to click the items in the exact position which can take a little getting used to.

The best place to discuss games and get hints and tips is in the Game Forums. These are easy to get to, just click the Forums tab on the home page. Then you can search your game under ‘All Game Forums’ .

Also, if you have a specific question, you can click the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like “marble” and all of the posts about “marble” will come up!

Another good thing to know is that if there is a walkthrough for the game it will be located at the top if the forum. You can find the complete walkthrough for this game here.

Thanks to the fishies that swam in to help with this

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition game forum and this discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by chip_cat on Dec 8, 10 8:41 AM
I have gotten the keys in the lock at the graveyard gate, but the gate still does not open. I tried turning the keys, but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 8, 10 9:20 AM
The key and angle are both on the painting.

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Had the same problem with the piano

[Post New]by colieleigh on Dec 8, 10 9:40 AM
The piano puzzle was the most frustrating for me, couldn't get the screwdriver to open the panel.

Go to: