bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 8, 10 1:34 PM
We have a new version of Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

- Vignette being added into inventory
- Profiles stuck in an objective will now have items they need
- Tavern Cellar Key missing from inventory

You can find the information for previous builds/fixes in this thread here.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Thank you!

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 1:35:55 PM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 8, 10 1:56 PM
Will this pop up as an update notice in Game Manager? So far it hasn't but I always reinstall when I get those messages, whether I've had problems with the game or not.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 8, 10 2:18 PM
That's a great question AnnBy!

This particular updated version was not flagged as critical (since not all players have been affected), so it will not show up automatically in the Game Manager.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will do the trick, or you can try checking for updates manually in the Game Manager.

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

More information can be found in the following help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 8, 10 6:39 PM
I'm not having any of these issues on my game, for this or previous update. Is there a way to get the update available notice off of the GM without downloading the new update?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 9, 10 8:36 AM
I didn´t have any problems with the previous version either - well, the little I played. My problem (and others had this problem too) was that with my Windows 7 widescreen laptop I don´t even get the normal-sized screen - let alone widescreen, which apparently isn´t available for my settings (others said the same), and only see the game in a small box, where I have a wide black border on all four sides.

Will that be looked into it as well? I really would like to get this game, but not if half of my monitor is wasted with black nothing.

ETA: Well, I downloaded the new version, but still get a 2 inch wide black screen on top and bottom and what... 10 inches or so on either side! This is the first game that doesn´t offer me a normal-sized screen. I am not even asking for widescreen - can live without it if I must, but I am not willing to play within a tiny box.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 9:02:19 AM PST

[Post New]by weeapplesgirl on Dec 9, 10 9:55 AM
I have just completed the game and bonus game. My problem is the bonus game ending shot does not show me all of the headless, even if I put it on full screen. Will this new version fix that?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 9, 10 2:39 PM
weeapplesgirl wrote:I have just completed the game and bonus game. My problem is the bonus game ending shot does not show me all of the headless, even if I put it on full screen. Will this new version fix that?

I found in my game that there were two views, one closer up (with not all showing) and one back farther. Try taking a step back.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by frannycats on Dec 9, 10 5:41 PM

bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

- Vignette being added into inventory
- Profiles stuck in an objective will now have items they need
- Tavern Cellar Key missing from inventory

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Thank you!

I love this game! I've purchased it and am half-way through the game. My problem is that the parrot keeps escaping from my inventory. I'll pop him in there, and by the time I reach the snake he's flown the coop again, dangnab it.

I hate to have to reinstall this far in the game and have to start all over again.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Dec 9, 10 6:30 PM
frannycats wrote:

I love this game! I've purchased it and am half-way through the game. My problem is that the parrot keeps escaping from my inventory. I'll pop him in there, and by the time I reach the snake he's flown the coop again, dangnab it.

I hate to have to reinstall this far in the game and have to start all over again.

Frannycats,

That isn't actually a glitch, so you don't have to re-install. You need to find something related to the parrot so he doesn't "fly the coop". Hope this helps.

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Dec 9, 10 6:44 PM
Frannycats,
You need the bird cage from the porch w/all the bees. Distract them w/the honey, then unscrew the birdcage w/your screwdriver. Hope this helps

lssubabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lssubabe on Dec 9, 10 8:03 PM
Does this affect the glass that disappeared from my inventory after doing both HOG puzzles in the attic? I'm hearing different idea but none work and I am still stuck! Help.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 10, 10 2:20 AM
Well, I finally got a half decent-sized screen (no black borders at the top and bottom, and "only" about 2 inches of black borders on either side), after setting the resolution of my computer to 1280x768.
I don´t know why this game doesn´t set the resolution automatically itself. I never had to do it myself before.

Well, I am not happy with having to mess around with the resolutions just so I can get a decent picture. However, I was now able to play for half an hour, but will give this game a miss anyway. Apart from the resolution problem, the game plays rather slow. I love the graphics, and do enjoy the live actors as well (what I have seen so far), but am not going to buy it because of those 2 issues. I may consider buying the SE version though.

One thing that I didn´t like was that a) the map at the beginning put itself together. That was a let down. I like putting map pieces together myself. And b) once the map was in one piece to show me where was what on the grounds, I couldn´t find the map. Where is it hidden?

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 7:26:22 AM PST

[Post New]by panadero1 on Dec 10, 10 5:59 AM
Does this fix password not working in the Manor Computer? Or is it just me? I looked for it, typed it and not working. Any suggestions?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 1:11 PM
panadero1 wrote:Does this fix password not working in the Manor Computer? Or is it just me? I looked for it, typed it and not working. Any suggestions?
According to a moderator, the fix before this one fixed:

*Computer password letters are in all upper case in the note behind the painting, and when entering the password it no longer matters if capitalization is used, and zeros and the letter "o" are treated as the same .

So, this one should have that fix included too.

[Post New]by gemanning on Dec 10, 10 1:35 PM
I have gotten to the trapped door, the that is in the secret passage under the grave site. All it says is to find someway or something to open trapped door that is spring load. Can anyone help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 1:56 PM
gemanning wrote:I have gotten to the trapped door, the that is in the secret passage under the grave site. All it says is to find someway or something to open trapped door that is spring load. Can anyone help!

SPOILER (highlight to read): You need to find and replace the goblets to open the trap door.

cobra415
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cobra415 on Dec 10, 10 2:31 PM
I have finished the game and I am still denied access to the bonus game.
What do I have to do to get to the bonus game?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 10, 10 6:36 PM
cobra415 wrote:I have finished the game and I am still denied access to the bonus game.
What do I have to do to get to the bonus game?

If you have played the part of the game on the ships, that was the bonus game. After completing that, game resets to the beginning.

[Post New]by greenangelfish on Dec 12, 10 11:41 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the issue using the hammer on the hanging coffin. What to do?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 12, 10 5:33 PM
greenangelfish wrote:I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the issue using the hammer on the hanging coffin. What to do?

Oh dear greenangelfish! Quick question, did you empty your trash after uninstalling. If so, you may need to contact tech support. Use the green envelope to the right of these posts. Sorry. Bummer.

Go to: