bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 9, 10 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Dec 9, 10 12:44 AM
On the first two downloads I got a messagge that said file corrupt. Loaded on third try. Then twice when trying to walk toward mansion the game went blank and kicked me out. Love the CE`s and buy most but really wish BF would make sure they are running properly before releasing them.

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Dec 9, 10 1:51 AM
Seems to be my type of game. Got through the demo without problems . Hope the full version runs better than "Salem".

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 9, 10 2:16 AM
I could not download either, got the corrupt message. Will keep trying.

This game looks sooo good. Cant wait.

Happy game day

5 HOURS later tried download and it worked... I have sound and so far so good.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 7:11:35 AM PST

[Post New]by melindaj on Dec 9, 10 4:12 AM
I believe that this game is corrupt....I downloaded the trial version and when I went to play it I received "Sound card not detected, game will play with out audio" I have audio for everything else..it could be my system too as I was not able to play another bigfish game because of audio, but why would my audio work for everything else? I don't get it. I have been having alot of problems with the Bigfish games lately which I never did before.

12/12....I dont have sound on any of the new games but when I download from Gamehouse, games work fine. When I download a BF game from 8 months ago that I had purchased sound works fine....so I believe the problem is with in the BF site...also getting "infected web page" notifications when ever I send emails to the tech support @ BF...really considering yanking my membership from BF. Havent been able to play games for a week now and they take too long to get back to you.

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 12:29:19 AM PST

[Post New]by mamawathome on Dec 9, 10 4:55 AM
I'm having trouble buying the game. I hit continue and it goes right back to the same screen. I've bought over a hundred games and never had a problem. Getting to the point where I just won't buy it.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Dec 9, 10 4:58 AM
Yep, soundcard problem here, too. It seems the game cannot detect my soundcard.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Dec 9, 10 5:20 AM
Got the message corrupted file, tried again and entering the gate got a black screen, so once again this game won t work for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 9, 10 5:29 AM
No audio here either - it says sound card not detected upon game launch!!

ETA: I tried uninstalling and re-installing using I/E instead of Firefox - no dice - it is still not detecting my sound card. Major bummer. I should also add that I am running WinXP 32bit - hope the techies come to the rescue!!

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 6:15:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Love_my_Husky on Dec 9, 10 5:39 AM
The download and installation process appeared to go smoothly. Unfortunately the game won't launch. When I click "play" absolutely nothing happens. I also tried to launch the game directly from the program folder with the same result. In order to uninstall I have to reboot my system as the computer tells me the game is running even though the "Task Manager" doesn't reflect this.

ERS has some of the best IHOG games. However, I encountered this exact same problem with Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poe's The Black Cat, Redemption Cemetary, and Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium. I did ultimately get Haunted Halls to launch by circumventing the BFG game manager and launching directly from the program's execute file. I would happily purchase these CE games if someone could help me get them to launch. By the way, I have contacted CS.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 9, 10 5:48 AM
I get a lot of lag, does anyone else have this problem?? if so what did you do to make it run better???I did reinstall the game..thinking that might help..
thank you BFG..

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Dec 9, 10 6:41 AM
lovely62 wrote:I get a lot of lag, does anyone else have this problem?? if so what did you do to make it run better???I did reinstall the game..thinking that might help..
thank you BFG..

Lags and sticks for me.Changed the cursor but problem still there.

Can't afford the CE so hope any bug is sorted by the time the SE arrives.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Dec 9, 10 8:15 AM
I also had a problem with lag.. It took 10mins to get though the gate......

Don't think so...!

Annie

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 9, 10 8:39 AM
Love_my_Husky wrote:The download and installation process appeared to go smoothly. Unfortunately the game won't launch. When I click "play" absolutely nothing happens. I also tried to launch the game directly from the program folder with the same result. In order to uninstall I have to reboot my system as the computer tells me the game is running even though the "Task Manager" doesn't reflect this.

Had same problem. Reinstalling now to see if that helps. Had this happen to two other games. Reinstalling helped with one but not the other. Hope this works...

Once reinstalled it plalyed but had same lagging problem as others. Took forever to get from place to place. Before I knew it time was up and I hadn't even gotten in the front door.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 9:59:34 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 9, 10 8:49 AM
I'm so bummed. I also had lag, just like the Sanitarium game. I have all the latest direct x and video card. It looked like a cool game. Took about 5 minutes at least to change scenes.

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Dec 9, 10 9:43 AM
Ooooo, How frustrating I did the download, but I can't even bring up the screen, it just goes back to black then nothing. I have a brand new lap-top so I know it is not that , it is less than a month old, this is getting tiring, not sure I will continue to be a member if this happens all the time..Sad Fishie here, very sad Indeed..

[Post New]by emmacub on Dec 9, 10 10:04 AM
Game downloaded fine but I get an access error message when I try to play. Off to try to reload.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 9, 10 10:47 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you're running into. We'd really like to collect more information, so if you could please write in to Tech Support with specific error messages that you're receiving, and/or or screenshots, and also a Dr. Felix report, that would be extremely helpful.

A Dr. Felix report gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. It will also determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you receive an error message stating that the file is too large, please try sending just the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 10:48:24 AM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Dec 9, 10 12:55 PM
Everything seemed to go well til I entered the gate - then I was kicked off and it showed I still have 57 minutes to play. I'll try again, but maybe my system is too old...

Went back and was able to play the demo just fine.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 1:46:33 PM PST

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Dec 9, 10 1:14 PM
My cursor would "freeze" between screens. Lag I guess some call it.
A no buy for me as well. Got really bored waiting for the scenes to change.

Go to: