bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fisher's Family Farm

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 10, 10 12:05 AM
Farm fish from all around the world, and help keep Fisher’s Family Farm afloat, in this fast-paced Time Management game! Help Marissa Fisher feed her fishy friends as they produce delicious goods that you can sell. Collect fantastic upgrades to protect your ponds from pesky predators and meet your goals to advance to the next farm. Keep the Fisher’s Family Farm alive and become a hero to Marissa’s mom and dad!

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 9:42:07 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Fisher's Family Farm

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Dec 10, 10 2:10 AM
same game play as farm frency, so if you liked that game you will like this too

Twingirl93
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Twingirl93 on Dec 10, 10 2:59 AM
Just looking at the pictures and it reminded me of Farm Frenzy. Don't know if I was waiting for another one.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Dec 10, 10 3:05 AM
Yep. Farm Frenzy III re-re-revisited.

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Dec 10, 10 3:46 AM
I played about halfway thorugh the demo on this one and am sorry to say I didn't care for it much. I'm a HUUUGE fan of Farm Frenzy games and as has been said by previous people, it's a blatant knock-off with some differences but many shortcomings. Supposedly if you click on the pelicans while they are still flying they will fly off and drop some money for your trouble. Unfortunately, being able to click on them proves to be very difficult. Most times they land then you have to rapid click on them to build a net around them then you can sell them off. Another drawback that I didn't care for is that upgrades can't be bought like in FF. Apparenlty you have to earn them as you go. I would prefer to be able to catch the predators as quickly as possible as early on as possible. It also took me a while to figure out that the hay can't be processed into fish food unless you have an empty buoy. So even though I had a lot of hay stored I couldn't use it for food and it filled up my warehouse; which sucks because the hay is only worth 1 gold if you sell it and also wastes a trip to the city for selling. All in all I didn't find it worth playing to the end of the demo.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Dec 10, 10 4:06 AM
Honestly, I think this game is great. I don't believe it's a Farm Frenzy knockoff. There are similarities and differences between the 2, but this game is actually more polished and has a few innovative twists and turns that make it stand out. I'd write more but I am off to work.

Highly recommended IF:you like time management games, especially the Farm Frenzy series. I played the whole trial, and that made me realize that Fishers Family Farm was definitely worth the purchase.

Don

[Post New]by KitchenTable on Dec 10, 10 7:39 AM
I'd give this one a thumbs-up, despite the fact that it totally IS a blatant knock-off of the Farm Frenzy series. (And right here I'll say that the Farm Frenzy people are filling cyberspace with so many knock-offs of their own, it's difficult to understand why anyone ELSE would bother.) HOWEVER... this game's production values are excellent. The graphics are terrific, the creatures are charming, and there is a bit more complexity than in the Farm Frenzy games. Filling the hay-buoy adds a step to the feeding action (and I had problems figuring out why my hay wouldn't load, also). Shooting the pelicans and earning coins is a fun touch, and I liked that there were three ways to dispose of such predators: pre-shoot them, trap them in a net and sell them, or buy a narwhal and have it chase them. The cut scenes are well done. Negatives besides the copycat factor include having to start over again each level to buy upgraded structures for which you've already paid, as noted elsewhere in this forum.

I probably will buy this title, if for no other reason than that it's a quality TM game, and thus deserves support.

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 7:42:55 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 10, 10 10:33 AM
Very, very much like Farm Frenzy's games, but very likable. The only thing I have against these types of games, is they make you click, click, click. They could very easily make it less clicks, my arthritis gives me fits. I like having a dolphin in the water to help collect the fillets and cavair? (spelling, sorry). Another good thing is you don't have to buy the upgrades to acquire them, only when you upgrade during the game, I always felt like I was paying twice for them in the farm frenzy games. First few levels are easier than FF, but was getting really more difficult towards level 9, so guessing it will get really hard. I have never finished the FF games because they are so hard. However I am 65 and prefer things a bit more simple these days.
I think the demo is all I will play on this one.

CtrlAltDel
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by CtrlAltDel on Dec 23, 10 1:03 PM
This game is enjoyable to me. I agree with all the clicking being a bit hard one one's wrist or hand. One thing that drives me mad is I can not figure out how to get the expert times. I finally give in to being bad at it and get the dolphin so that I am not going crazy trying to pick up everything. My brain can only hand a few tasks at a time... or maybe one task at a time. Shhhhhhhh I'm typing here! Stoopid voices in my head intrupt at the most irritating times.

[Post New]by trishame on Jan 2, 11 7:05 PM
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing bugs during level 16. I keep on sending the tractor for hay, but it never comes back, thus I lose the level because eventually all of my fish die.
Any solutions? I have already un-installed and re-installed once.

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jan 5, 11 6:54 AM
The game IS a lot like Farm Frenzy, but I have to say, I like this one better. Once I'd played through it a couple of times, I got bored and decided to try the Farm Frenzy fishing game. I HATED it. I like that you don't have to save coins to buy feed, and that you can shoot the pelicans for a fast $50. I also like that the buildings are easier to click to speed up, although I wish they blew up like the ones in FF when you overwork them. But, I think what I like best is, this game is challenging enough that you have to work to get the gold and/or best times on the levels, but not so hard that you want to give up like I, at least, did with Farm Frenzy. Overall, I'd say if you like FF, you'll really like this one.

buvez_rose
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by buvez_rose on Jan 7, 11 3:54 PM
this game ROCKED!!!! love it more than farm frenzy...seriously. the graphics are better and the game is more difficult.

my only prob was it shutting down because it ran too much memory on my computer. i finally experted everything today so i hope they come along with something new!

Go to: