52 cards

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

52 cards

[Post New]by sunnny on Dec 10, 10 4:34 AM
I am somewhere towards the end of chapter one and,
compared with the strategy guide, I am missing already at least 2 cards.
After finishing the chapter, will there be some indication as to
where I missed them?
What happens if I cannot find them?

Re:52 cards

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 10, 10 4:45 AM
You can't finish the game if you can't find them. I missed the one inside the wooden bird at the bottom of the stairs & had to backtrack to find it. I just made it a point to revisit every area I could.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Dec 10, 10 5:05 AM
Thank you, that is what I was afraid of,

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Dec 10, 10 5:43 AM
I got to the end of the game and was missing 1 card. I clicked on where it shows you how many cards you have. All the cards you have collected are shown in their suits, so it was easy to see which one I was missing. Then I quickly scanned through the strategy guide until I found where the card was mentioned, went to that area in the game and found the card. It sure beat going from room to room like I was going to do.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 10, 10 6:31 AM
Could I just ask whether those 52 cards are essential to the game, apart from needing them to finish the game, that is. What I want to know is whether you have to use them on or with something or whether they are just there to be collected, like you collect keys or swallows in other games.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 10, 10 6:33 AM
Valdy, after you collect them all, there is one final puzzle to use them with that is necessary to complete the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 10, 10 6:36 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:Valdy, after you collect them all, there is one final puzzle to use them with that is necessary to complete the game.

Thank you, Lady_Cav. Much appreciated.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 10, 10 6:40 AM
Valdy wrote:Thank you, Lady_Cav. Much appreciated.

You're welcome!

alicemac41
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alicemac41 on Dec 10, 10 5:38 PM
I was missing one too....the one (highlight to read) that was on top of the well at the startI had to look through the strategy guide to see where it was...it's pretty small!

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Dec 11, 10 11:52 AM
Dorish2: thank you so much for your help with the 52 cards. I was missing one also and would never have thought of clicking on number count to see which one I missed. That was such a time saver!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Dec 11, 10 3:49 PM
Big thanks Dorish2! Total timesaver-I also ended with 51 cards, and was dreading going back bit by bit.

[Post New]by Bamaw4 on Dec 12, 10 9:03 AM
I found out I am missing the 5 of diamonds. The strategy book says it is by/on the boat. Have gone back, but can not find it. I am so near the end, I am dreading starting over. Can someone help this fool. LOL

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 12, 10 9:10 AM
I'd say double check your strategy guide, just in case you might have misread. I didn't have any trouble finding the cards I was missing when using the guide. You can browse quickly through the guide page by page and see the cards fairly well without having to zoom in on each picture. Then when you see the 5 of diamonds, read the guide to see where it is located.

[Post New]by Bamaw4 on Dec 12, 10 7:35 PM
Thank you so much, I finally found it.

[Post New]by vickha on Dec 13, 10 2:42 PM
Help... im missing the 3 of diamonds, cant seem to see any reference in the guide

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 13, 10 2:44 PM
vickha wrote:Help... im missing the 3 of diamonds, cant seem to see any reference in the guide
It's there. Try looking at just the pictures. Zoom in, if you have to, when you see something that looks like a three - can be confusing as there are symbols in each corner as well as in the center. Then just read the guide page for the location of your missing card.

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Dec 13, 10 4:39 PM
Oh my gosh, dorish2 and Lady_Cav, thank you both SO MUCH for the tips! I was also missing one card and had gone back through all the areas twice with no luck, and was tearing my hair out until I finally thought to check the forum. Whew!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 13, 10 4:43 PM
geobabe1 wrote:Oh my gosh, dorish2 and Lady_Cav, thank you both SO MUCH for the tips! I was also missing one card and had gone back through all the areas twice with no luck, and was tearing my hair out until I finally thought to check the forum. Whew!
Good for you! Glad you found it!

crcamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crcamp on Dec 13, 10 8:05 PM
dorish2 wrote:I got to the end of the game and was missing 1 card. I clicked on where it shows you how many cards you have. All the cards you have collected are shown in their suits, so it was easy to see which one I was missing. Then I quickly scanned through the strategy guide until I found where the card was mentioned, went to that area in the game and found the card. It sure beat going from room to room like I was going to do.

Thank you, thank you! Saved me so much time!

[Post New]by Riplie123 on Dec 14, 10 3:39 PM
I can not finish the game because the Ace of Hearts is not showing up. I know that I picked it up in the bottom of the well and now you can't look down the well or find the card any where. This is very disapointing. I remember the card in the well, but it's not showing up. What do I do now? I have payed full price for the game and now can't fininsh it. Please Help. Thanks.

Go to: